You are here: Home » Blog » Tutorials » Elements (PSE) » Genius!

Genius!

by Steph on 15 May 2012
in Elements (PSE),Photoshop CS+,Tutorials Pin this scrappy stuff!

I, my friends, have a small problem. I am a terrible speller. Blame it on spell check, if you will. Especially on my computer, every time I misspell a word those little red warning dots point it out for me. In every program. Except Photo Shop. I would painstakingly read and re-read all my journaling, thinking I got it right, but lo and behold, when I’d get my pages printed and my husband would look them over, he always found a mistake or two. Well, I have been digitally scrapbooking for almost 5 years now and I JUST discovered spell check in PS. It’s sad, I know. But in case any of you struggle with this as well, I thought I’d pass this little nugget of information along.

To check your journaling go to Edit->Check Spelling. And that’s it! Just make sure you haven’t rasterized your text first. I can’t believe I didn’t know about this for so long. Now, if only there was something to correct my grammar…

{ 7 comments… read them below or add one }

1 Carol 15 May 2012 at 6:52 pm

Wonder if this works in PSE — will have to check mine. Thanks for these wonderful tutorials.

2 SnickerdoodleDesigns 15 May 2012 at 7:03 pm

Well, thanks for sharing that! I had totally overlooked at as well! :)

3 Rabbitrun 16 May 2012 at 12:01 am

you aren’t the only one who didn’t know it was there. Thank you. Maybe I ought to read the instructions more= not that CS5 came with any….

4 Wendy Kinley 16 May 2012 at 1:14 am

Thank you SOOO much for posting this! I had NO idea!

5 Donna 16 May 2012 at 1:19 am

Thanks! This will certainly provide a little extra “insurance”! I don’t think I’ve actually had anything printed with errors in it yet (‘course I am a newbie so there’s plenty of time!), but I am super paranoid about it & read & re-read my titles & journaling trying to find any errors before it’s too late!

6 tora 11 September 2012 at 9:54 am

THIS IS SOOOO GREAT – since I´m Icelandic I sometimes have problem with the spelling and like you it PS does not let me know with red dots – so now I know how to – I even open PS to check on this and of course it works SUPER COOL Thank you so much

7 Engela 19 December 2012 at 11:54 pm

For the person who asked if this was an option in Photo Shop Elements. I have PSE 8.0 and it is not an option; but what I do is to open a program like Word, and type what I want, spell check it there, highlight the text, copy it, and paste it into a PSE text box.