PDA

View Full Version : Tube files and Photoshop Elements

ArmyWife92A
11-07-2007, 02:43 PM
I've seen a lot of scrapbooking files that are called "tube" files. What are they and is there a way to use them in Photoshop Elements?

Melissa

Kyda
11-07-2007, 04:29 PM
Tubes are for Paint Shop Pro. They're kinda like clip art.. sorta... ;) I'm not sure if they're usable in elements, but I don't think so.

janalyn
11-08-2007, 07:15 PM
I am also pretty sure that they can't be used in Elements. I have never heard of them...

phreephorm
11-09-2007, 10:24 AM
Tubes are PSP files only, not usable in Adobe products. They are generally clip art, or fills. You can also often find them being used similar to PS custom shapes, patterns or brushes. For great PS + Elements stuff, go to the Adobe exchange on the Adobe website.

Mzlaki
05-11-2008, 07:59 AM
Tubes are images without backgrounds, sort of like .png files with transparency. They are usually opened with Paint shop pro.

There is a plugin for Photoshop called PSPFormat. You can use it to opet .psp and .pspimage files in Photoshop, and I guess it will work with Elements.
There are also .tub files, but you can't open those in Photoshop. You must use a program called Tube extractor (it's free) or convert using Animation shop.