PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Erie, PA

CarolW
12-06-2011, 11:54 AM
Greetings to everyone. My name is Carol, I retired in 2004 from a child support collection office after 26 years. I live alone with my two cats, Willie and Smokey, they are a lot of company for me. My daughter Kim and granddaughter Laura live nearby and visit often; my daughter Shelli and three grandchildren live in MD but visit a couple times a year.

I enjoy digital scrapbooking and journaling as well as hybrid journaling and digital photography. I don't know what I would do without my computer and tv, they take up a lot of my time. I used to sew and crochet but they have taken a back seat to my digital life.

The guest designer, Berna Datema, had mentioned this site on her blog so I decided I better see what was going on here. I fell in love with this site and hope to submit many pages and purchase many of the items by the wonderful designers. I am happy to be here.:))

Monika
12-06-2011, 10:54 PM
Hi Carol and welcome to the Studio!
Glad to have you here; grab a coffee and take a tour :) Hope to see your layouts, and feel free to join in the monthly challenges!

Toiny
12-07-2011, 02:27 AM
Hi Carol! I'm so excited to have you and get to know you and your family through your pages. My digital life has gotten the better of me too and I love sitting behind my computer and creating, I think you will fit in beautifully.

Big smooches,

Toiny

msbrad
12-07-2011, 10:44 AM
Hi and welcome to The Studio. I went to Erie once as a young child. My dad had relatives that lived there. Looking forward to getting to know you.
m

SnickerdoodleDesigns
12-07-2011, 07:52 PM
Hi Carol! Thank you for taking the time to take a peek around here! I agree with the others! I think you will find it a very warm and welcoming environment. If you would like to jump right in, I would love to see you in my Surprise Me! Challenge! (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=328)

Janet-B
12-07-2011, 08:02 PM
Welcome to the Studio, Carol! This is a lovely place to play, and learn. Can't wait to see your pages filling the gallery!

CarolW
12-07-2011, 09:35 PM
Thank you all for your warm welcomes. I do believe I will try the Surprise Me Challenge! for December. How great, an excuse to do some more shopping.

MissParker
12-08-2011, 12:39 PM
Hello from Germany, Carol!! I'm sure you'll feel right at home here and can't wait to see your beautiful pages with your family (and maybe even the cats ;-)))

Renee
12-08-2011, 04:22 PM
Hi Carol, so happy you found us and I hope you will like it here!

mandak
12-17-2011, 09:39 AM
Welcome! Back in 2008, my husband and I spent the night in Erie on our Road Trip Honeymoon! We had dinner at the Olive Garden and every time we eat at Olive Garden, we always remember/talk about the two women sitting at the next table. They got salad with their meal and ordered it like this: No Olive Garden Dressing, ranch instead with "only a little lettuce." When their salad came, they asked for extra ranch and basically consumed an entire Olive Garden salad bowl of ranch dressing. I hope it wasn't you! But that's my Erie story! I hope you continue enjoying theStudio, it's the best site out there, in my opinion!

gao6530
01-01-2012, 04:28 AM
Hi Carol and welcome to the Studio!
Glad to have you here; grab a coffee and take a tour :) Hope to see your layouts, and feel free to join in the monthly challenges!
http://www.tara-mediumss.com/haifei5.jpg