PDA

View Full Version : First freebie - Preview - Suggestions PLEASE :)

creativechaos
11-09-2007, 12:43 AM
Okay y'all....I'm working on my first freebie and it's almost done. Yes, I know it's a Christmas pack, but I'm actually really excited for Christmas to come this year. It'll be the first Christmas that Ryder will be at home (We spent our first in the NICU.) SOOOOOO with that said....Let me know what you guys think, HONESTLY. Is it good? Is it usable? Are the elements realistic? Everything in the pack was created digitally by me (with the exception of the hanging ribbon, that was a scan.)

Every element is created at 300dpi so it's printable. :)

Resized the preview for posting. :) Link goes to the big picture.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v76/chaos6669/Scrapbooking/Ideas/XmasDiamond-Preview-T.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v76/chaos6669/Scrapbooking/Ideas/XmasDiamond-Preview.jpg

Kyda
11-09-2007, 07:13 AM
this looks really good!! might want to resize it a bit for posting in the forum, but other than that It's great! how did you get the candy cane stripes, action?

tutudragon
11-09-2007, 08:57 AM
I love the candy cane stripe!

Lori11941
11-09-2007, 09:19 AM
That candy cane looks like you could eat it. So are you planning to join the SASy Lady Contest?

creativechaos
11-09-2007, 11:57 AM
Thanks guys. :) I'm glad people are liking it.

Kyda - No, it's not an action. It's actually a striped fabric, resized to fit what I needed, color changed and angled with a slight gradient overlayed and a few other PS layer styles added to it. :)

Lori - Thank you so much. I was actually thinking about joining the SASy Lady contest, but I wasn't sure if I should being a "newbie" and all. :)

Lori11941
11-09-2007, 03:41 PM
Lori - Thank you so much. I was actually thinking about joining the SASy Lady contest, but I wasn't sure if I should being a "newbie" and all. :)

Absolutely! What's the worst that can happen? You get some constructive criticism that will help you be a better designer and don't make it at this time. On the other hand, you could have what it takes and be part of the SAS-y design team. If you don't try, you'll never know, right?

nnorcutt
11-09-2007, 04:57 PM
I LOVE that ornament & the candy cane stripe! You should definetely enter the designer contest.