PDA

View Full Version : Scavenger Hunt 2012

kimberkatt
04-02-2012, 11:03 AM
Hi guys!! Is everyone ready to play another round of Scavenger Hunt?! :(( :))

First, for those of you who have never played before, it's really very simple!

I will give you a total of 30 clues.
Each clue corresponds to a specific product in our Full Sized Scrap Kits Category (https://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=325_329&zenid=14215a536de385ead86b6982a2b744d3).
Use the clues to hunt throughout our Full Sized Scrap Kits Category (https://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=325_329&zenid=14215a536de385ead86b6982a2b744d3).
You will find this graphic if you are correct:

http://digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/images/Kimberkatt/ScavengerHunt2012-sm.png

Make a list of each answer as you come across them - IMPORTANT: Please include BOTH Designer name and Kit name - If the designer name and/or kit name is NOT on your list, you cannot win!
PM (Private Message) me your list once you are done
I will let you know if you are correct and send you your prize!
If you are not correct, I will inform you which ones you have wrong so you can try again. **YOU WILL ONLY HAVE TWO CHANCES TO GUESS CORRECTLY!!** If there is something wrong the 2nd time, then you cannot win the prize, sorry!

THE FIRST PERSON TO SUBMIT A COMPLETE, CORRECT LIST WILL WIN AN ENTIRE YEAR'S WORTH OF MEGA KITS BY THESTUDIO DESIGN TEAM!! (https://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=315_317)

Everyone else who submits a complete, correct list will WIN our April12 Mega: Smile (https://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=315_317&products_id=11311) absolutely free!! (substitutions can occur if you've already purchased this kit)

https://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/store/bmz_cache/f/f4c4cfa64b81e1298070e2185bebed6c.image.600x600.jpg (https://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=315_317&products_id=11311)

Now, to make things fair to all, I WILL NOT BE ACCEPTING ANSWERS UNTIL TOMORROW, APRIL 3, 2012 AFTER 8AM EST!! This gives everyone a fair advantage to actually see this game, the rules, and start hunting! ;) I know everyone is on different time zones and I would hate to have someone miss out on that fantastic Grand Prize for being first!

If you have any questions, or get stuck on a clue and need another one, just post here in this thread and I will do my best to help you out without giving it away! :DD Good luck everyone and have fun!! :((

NOTE: Just to clarify because it was brought up in a PM, you do have the entire month to get your list to me, the hunt will not close until midnight on Apr. 30th - I'm so sorry for leaving off that bit of information! :o We know it takes time to get into the store and browse through 1000+ products and we very rarely have contests or challenges that only run for a 24hour period, especially with all the different time zones for our members ;) So you all have plenty of time to get your answers to me to win that Mega Kit :DD Thanks everyone!! And, remember, if you get stuck on a clue, come on in here and ask for help! :))

Here are your 30 clues:

Constantly moving around outside of home
a place you'd find Bulldozers
seeing or understanding completely
Music in a place for flowers
every child is born with this purity
Someone who escapes into their mind during sleep
Another word for opportunities
It's just ________ ____ - same old, same old
A "photo" of "that"
A giant vision you have while sleeping
A very old Feb 14th - Vintage Valentine by DarleneH Designs (this product is no longer in the store so you get a little freebie on this one! ;) )

A girly insect that could be yellow
A rebirth or reformation of something
On Sunrise
It's all about when two lips meet
A single & individual belonging to me
Sugary Citrus
The earliest celebration of life
a TV show about 3 witch sisters
Eternally belonging to me
Companions for infinity
Snuggly snowy season
Mom of all things outside
little flying insects & early flowers
An infatuation with a sturdy, thick paper (all combined together)
A flying reptile that lives in a stone house
Bring me to another place
A priceless female newborn (#1)
Small slang for boy
Vacation for your soul

KandiceD
04-03-2012, 07:48 AM
Thanks that was fun! I sent on my list!

kimberkatt
04-03-2012, 08:01 AM
Wow! I've already gotten a bunch of answers in my PM box! Woohoo! :((

Just to clarify because it was brought up in a PM, you do have the entire month to get your list to me, the hunt will not close until midnight on Apr. 30th - I'm so sorry for leaving off that bit of information! :o We know it takes time to get into the store and browse through 1000+ products and we very rarely have contests or challenges that only run for a 24hour period, especially with all the different time zones for our members ;) So you all have plenty of time to get your answers to me to win that Mega Kit :DD Thanks everyone!! And, remember, if you get stuck on a clue, come on in here and ask for help! :))

PattyB
04-03-2012, 08:51 AM
I need help on number 30, vacation for your soul, please.

kimberkatt
04-03-2012, 08:56 AM
Hi Patty! hmmm.... let me see here.... At Christmas time lots of people have the "________ _______" Singing carols, being happy, giving to others are all a part of this. ;)

PattyB
04-03-2012, 09:40 AM
I sent in my guesses! Thanks for the challenge!!

PamR
04-03-2012, 10:38 AM
Well gee whiz, I found them all except the first one!!

kimberkatt
04-03-2012, 12:10 PM
yeah, #1 was a tough one to give a clue for... hmmm... Travel mugs, take out, and convenient sizes are for these busy people who are always away from home, or "__ ___ __"

redplaid3
04-03-2012, 12:50 PM
I need help with opportunities (7) and rebirth. (13) I found a kit that matches the latter but no prize picture .

kimberkatt
04-04-2012, 07:54 AM
Okay - Opportunities: this is just another word for opportunities, ummm, other words would be potential, likelihood, ability, something that may happen.

Rebirth: Here's another angle to this one: If your magazine subscription runs out, you need to do "what" to reinstate it?

:DD

redplaid3
04-04-2012, 11:35 AM
Found rebirth one...that was tricky...I had found another similar one.

Looking for my opportunity!!

kimberkatt
04-04-2012, 11:44 AM
Linda, do a google search on other words for opportunity and you'll find it! ;)

tx5ft2
04-04-2012, 12:40 PM
There were a few that really stumped me too so I was happy to have finally found them all. Sent my list yesterday.

kimberkatt
04-04-2012, 01:33 PM
So glad you found them! :(( But, guys, if you're spending more than 5min on one clue, please come on in here and ask for help!! Another clue might just be what you need ;)

I will be gathering all my PM's so far this weekend, announcing the Grand Prize Winner and sending out coupons to everyone for their prize! I know you all want to play with that fun-tastic new Mega Kit!! :DD :))

There is still time to get your lists to me, the challenge doesn't end until Apr. 30! :DD

danzinst
04-04-2012, 06:27 PM
I am stuck on 16 and 10.I need another clue pleeeease.

danzinst
04-05-2012, 10:29 PM
Still stuck on 10 and 16.

danzinst
04-06-2012, 09:36 PM
Found 10 but I am just stumpted.I need help on 16.

danzinst
04-07-2012, 08:53 AM
Finally! I think I need my glasses changed.
I just sent mine in.

cylynn
04-09-2012, 12:58 PM
i'm stuck on #3 seeing or understanding completely

LLPooh1
04-09-2012, 03:31 PM
I am currently stuck on #25... An infatuation with a sturdy, thick paper (all combined together). Still searching though. :)

=============

Okay, I found it! LOL now for the last 2 for me to get...

NancyP
04-09-2012, 08:09 PM
OK, can I say I am blurried eyed!!!! FOUR HOURS so far!!
I found everything but 6, 7, 10, 16, 25, 28, and 30

My question is---are we just looking at kits or are we looking at all 5,000 plus items in the store???? For example, some kits have 8-10 pieces. You know, papers, clusters, glitter etc. Do we have to look at everyone of them? Because that is what I have been doing!!!!

LLPooh1
04-09-2012, 08:41 PM
Nancy, it took me a few hours to do them all. Look at kits. Hope that helps. :)

jimmyrose
04-10-2012, 07:36 AM
So glad you found them! :(( But, guys, if you're spending more than 5min on one clue, please come on in here and ask for help!! Another clue might just be what you need ;)

I will be gathering all my PM's so far this weekend, announcing the Grand Prize Winner and sending out coupons to everyone for their prize! I know you all want to play with that fun-tastic new Mega Kit!! :DD :))

There is still time to get your lists to me, the challenge doesn't end until Apr. 30! :DD

Any one know when the Grand Prize winner will be announced or when we will know if our list was correct?

NancyP
04-10-2012, 08:04 AM
Oh, THANK YOU, Lynette!!! I was looking at everything---papers, clusters, styles, templates etc etc etc!! Now I'll go back and zero in on the kits.

kimberkatt
04-10-2012, 08:12 AM
Guys, I apologize.... I ended up going away to my Parents house for Easter weekend. My brother, who is only 34, suffered a massive heart attack two weeks ago and is extremely lucky to still be with us today! So when I heard they were going to my parents for the weekend, I decided to go spend some time with him and family. I don't get to see him that often because he lives so far away... and then I couldn't log into the forum, my connection kept timing out, so I'm just full of slacking and procrastination over here! :o Winners will be announced TODAY! Coupons for the Mega will be sent out to everyone today! Umm, barring any unforeseen internet issues, please cross your fingers for me!! :)

kimberkatt
04-10-2012, 08:20 AM
I am stuck on 16 and 10.I need another clue pleeeease.

Okay, more clues for 10 & 16....

10. When you enter REM sleep, most people do this & the opposite of small.... :DD

16. The word you use to refer to yourself, another word for single & exclusive

kimberkatt
04-10-2012, 08:23 AM
i'm stuck on #3 seeing or understanding completely

Okay, #3 is a bit tough, but I absolutely LOVE this kit so I had to include it! lol

hmm.... let's try a song...

I can see __________ now, the rain is gone
I can see all obstacles in my way......

And I'm not telling which song it is or who it's by! hahaha..... :DD

kimberkatt
04-10-2012, 08:26 AM
I am currently stuck on #25... An infatuation with a sturdy, thick paper (all combined together). Still searching though. :)

=============

Okay, I found it! LOL now for the last 2 for me to get...

And that is one of my favorite clues.... I thought I was pretty witty with that one!! hahahaha..... 8D

kimberkatt
04-10-2012, 08:32 AM
OK, can I say I am blurried eyed!!!! FOUR HOURS so far!!
I found everything but 6, 7, 10, 16, 25, 28, and 30

My question is---are we just looking at kits or are we looking at all 5,000 plus items in the store???? For example, some kits have 8-10 pieces. You know, papers, clusters, glitter etc. Do we have to look at everyone of them? Because that is what I have been doing!!!!

Oh Nancy, I'm so sorry! No, I would never expect you to search through all the "extras" there are so many of them! If it was something specific, like a bundle or a #1 or #2, I tried to mark that in parenthesis after the clue to let you know... other than those few, the rest are only in the kits themselves and I tried not to go too far back into the older kits - I will give you one big hint though... no designer is repeated! ;)

Let me know if you are still having trouble with the clues, I'll offer up some more hints!! :DD

LLPooh1
04-10-2012, 01:26 PM
So sorry to hear about your brother... and wow, that's so young!!

And yes, your hint on #25 was great... I just had another word for the paper stuck in my head and so I was focusing on that so I had myself stuck. LOL Once I thought about it some more it came to me!

And what did help, too, was figuring out that all the designers needed to be represented. When I was stuck on some clues towards the end, I just went to the designers stores that I hadn't had a clue from yet and looked that way for names that made sense for the clues. :)

NancyP
04-10-2012, 03:22 PM
Well, I'll tell you one thing!!! Being new here, this sure is the best way to get to know all the designers and the type of kits they create!!! I already have a wish list as long as my arm!!!! I have already looked at around 400 kits and I STILL have 7 I haven't found yet!! OK OK where are you all hiding them??? :o)

A hint for number 25 please????

edit:
Never mind - found it!! Good grief!!! The name gave it away!!!! :o)

kimberkatt
04-10-2012, 03:42 PM
LOL! Yes, the Hunt is one of the best ways to get to know the designers style and I will bet that your wishlist is not nearly as long as mine!! 8D :))

Okay, hint for #25: Boxes are usually made with this strong, thick paper - once you get that, I'm sure you will find it! ;) Again, remember, no designer is repeated, so try looking in some of the designers stores that you don't have on your list yet ;)

Let me know if you need help with any of the others! :DD

Well, I'll tell you one thing!!! Being new here, this sure is the best way to get to know all the designers and the type of kits they create!!! I already have a wish list as long as my arm!!!! I have already looked at around 400 kits and I STILL have 7 I haven't found yet!! OK OK where are you all hiding them??? :o)

A hit for number 25 please????

NancyP
04-10-2012, 05:43 PM
Already found two more by looking in the designers stores----and my wish list is LONGER now!!!!!
Still have 5 more to find.

NancyP
04-10-2012, 06:22 PM
OK, I'm stuck!! I have gone through every kit and every designer. I found 29 answers and 3 designers that didn't have a kit in the contest. Total-32 designers. So where is the last answer----which is question "A priceless female newborn (# 1)

kimberkatt
04-10-2012, 06:32 PM
HA! Toiny is messing with me!! You're right, I just went and looked! LOL! Designs by Brigit is BRAND NEW... like, just showed up today new! :DD So she is not on the list ;)

And, LL Designs is actually a collaboration from Linda Cumberland and Lynn Griffin, so I didn't include that category.... mainly because that would have made 31 and I don't like odd numbers! 8D It's actually a fantastic shop to browse through ;)

So, without those two, that makes 30.............. and I've given more info away than I had planned! hahaha..... shhhh.... don't tell Toiny I'm making it easy for you guys! :l

NancyP
04-10-2012, 06:50 PM
Ahhhhhh----lets see----counting on my fingers-----wait!!!!! Have to take off my shoes!!!!! OK, I checked her once and didn't find anything, but I'll go back and check all her kits one more time. :o)

edit (3 minutes later)
OH GOOD GRIEF!!!!!! DUHHHHHH!!!!!!:duh:

kimberkatt
04-11-2012, 07:51 AM
LOL! It's okay Nancy, after looking at so many different kits for so many hours, things tend to all look the same! :l ;)

Ahhhhhh----lets see----counting on my fingers-----wait!!!!! Have to take off my shoes!!!!! OK, I checked her once and didn't find anything, but I'll go back and check all her kits one more time. :o)

edit (3 minutes later)
OH GOOD GRIEF!!!!!! DUHHHHHH!!!!!!:duh:

NancyP
04-11-2012, 11:20 AM
OK, Its on its way to you. HAH, I have to laugh about when I mentioned earlier that I am new-----then I look at my join date---Nov 2009!!! Lets just say I have FINALLY come out of lurking and joined the fun!!!! Took me long enough!!!!!

kimberkatt
04-11-2012, 12:01 PM
haha... oh, Nancy I'm so glad you came out of hiding! You are loads of fun!! :DD

teresaj
04-13-2012, 11:32 PM
I'm having trouble seeing the image to see if I'm correct on my guesses. I went back and checked the ones that I have already gotten and the image is not showing up on them also. Have the images been taken down? Also I counted the designers and its 31 so if you take the 2 away it's 29 where am i missing the 30th one? Thanks.

teresaj
04-14-2012, 12:29 PM
Ok help please! I am stuck on #11-A very old Feb 14th I have searched for Vintage, Valentine and nothing. Help please. Also the found image is still not showing up in the store. Thanks.

kimberkatt
04-16-2012, 04:12 PM
Oh Teresa, I'm sorry I missed this! Let me go check out the shop and see where the problem lies.... Thanks for letting me know the image wasn't working! :DD

kimberkatt
04-16-2012, 04:15 PM
I'm having trouble seeing the image to see if I'm correct on my guesses. I went back and checked the ones that I have already gotten and the image is not showing up on them also. Have the images been taken down? Also I counted the designers and its 31 so if you take the 2 away it's 29 where am i missing the 30th one? Thanks.

Very good question about the Designers - it seems one of them is not on our list anymore, so let me make sure that her store was supposed to be turned off first... I'll let you know as soon as I can! Thanks!! :DD

kimberkatt
04-17-2012, 10:40 AM
Okay guys.... one of the products/designers is no longer in the store at the moment, she's gone on a hiatus of sorts and will be back soon, but that means one of our clues is not going to have an answer, so you all get a little freebie now! :DD

#11 - A very old Feb 14th was Vintage Valentine by DarleneH Designs.

Thank you Teresa for pointing that out to me!! Also, I am seeing the images in the store, are you still having problems seeing them? Let me know so I can find out what is causing that, we did just go through a site redesign, so it may be a problem on the back end of things... Thanks! :DD

I will make sure to update the first post with this info, too! Happy hunting!! :((

teresaj
04-17-2012, 06:48 PM
Thanks so much I had looked everywhere and couldn't find #11. Also the images still aren't showing up for me, all I am getting is a plain box with a pixel and when I click on show picture it still will not show up for me. Thanks for your help.

chloejaed
04-24-2012, 11:06 PM
I am currently stuck on #1 even with the second clue. Please Help? This is my last one to find.
Thank you

kimberkatt
04-25-2012, 09:28 AM
Oh, I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to respond, but I see that you did get it! ;) I'll be sending out your coupon soon, so keep an eye out! Great job on the hunt!! :DD

rabbitrun
04-26-2012, 10:10 AM
I'm still stuck on 30. I assume each designer is used only once? Are they all used? We have new ones so I know not to count them but..... I'm stuck on 30. HELP. I think i have all the others. There are multiple possibilities for some...

kimberkatt
04-26-2012, 10:40 AM
Hi Karen!

First, if there isn't a graphic showing under the product description, then that is not one of the answers. The graphic is listed only on the products/designers for the hunt. This is what it looks like:

http://digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/images/Kimberkatt/ScavengerHunt2012-sm.png

Here is another hint for #30 - At Christmas time lots of people have the "________ _______" Singing carols, being happy, giving to others are all a part of this. ;)

All designers were used except for: Designs by Brigit, LL Designs (because that is a collab category from two of our designers), Just So Scrappy & LouCee - so without those, there should be a total of 29 (DarleneH Designs store has been closed for right now while she's on hiatus, which was the answer to #11 - see the first post) Each designer was only used once, there are no repeats.

Hope this helps some! If not and you're still stuck, give me another shout!! :DD