PDA

View Full Version : Hi there!

LLinda
04-23-2012, 09:23 PM
My family just moved back to the USA after living in Germany for the last 2 and a half years. We enjoyed our time across the pond, made many friends, and are now back in the States- specifically, Alabama. We live on the Gulf Coast, so the beach is never more than 30 minutes away. When traveling across Europe, the place that reminded us most of home was Noordwijk. Very similar, in looks, the friendliness of the people (gotta love the Dutch!), and that salty tang in the air.

I've been into digi for a very long time - since 2002 and was doing hybrid, before it had a name for it. Printing out scanned embellies, cutting them out, and working them into traditional LOs and cards. Speaking of cards, that would be my passion, love making them, giving them away, and receiving them. :D

Glad I found The Studio, look forward to making myself at home here.

Toiny
04-23-2012, 11:44 PM
Hi! Our stories sound eerily similar, except we're still in Germany. The beach would be a lovely place to be close to... Sweet Home Alabama (sorry couldn't resist)!

I can't wait to see you around a little bit more. Welcome!

loucee
04-24-2012, 03:36 AM
Hi Linda, that's how I first started digi scrapping, making cards with digi elements etc, then went onto making hybrid gifts. I love creating hybrid.
From one newbie to another, welcome to The Studio.

Renee
04-24-2012, 11:48 AM
Hi Linda, so nice to meet you. Looking forward to seeing your pages!

Aveziur
04-25-2012, 02:20 AM
Welcome Linda!

SnickerdoodleDesigns
04-26-2012, 07:32 AM
Welcome, Linda! I look forward to seeing your hybrid goodies as well! I have a room full of paper and beads and glitter and.......... you get the idea... just waiting for some more inspiration. :) I'm sure you will feel at home here right away!

Ambowife Designs
04-29-2012, 07:14 AM
Welcome LLinda, glad you found us ;)

jimmyrose
04-29-2012, 07:35 AM
Hello. I started with cards and moved to paper scrapping. Went digi in 2005 or so. Still make cards too, but mostly digital. Live in Texas. My husbands family is from Alabama and have been there to visit several times. Love it too. Welcome to the best digital site around. I will watch for you and your layouts and cards. Rose

kimberkatt
05-01-2012, 09:36 AM
Hey Linda! It's so nice to have you here with us, be prepared for lots of fun and laughs here, we love to have a good time! I started digi back in 2005 because I stunk at paper scrapping! lol No, seriously, I was REALLY bad at it, and I admire you ladies that can do hybrid, it's something I wish I had more time to practice and get good at! If you ever need anything or have questions, don't hesitate to ask, one of us is almost always bouncing around here! :DD :XX

Lara's Digi World
09-05-2012, 01:10 AM
Hi sweetie,

Welcome to theStudio!