PDA

View Full Version : Howdy from Michigan!

Lyndsfairne
08-31-2012, 09:24 AM
Hi there, I'm Lyndsey. Not the greatest with the introduction thing ... Soooo yeah, I'm new here, but can't wait to start the challenge[s] tomorrow! I have been scrappin for over 10 years, and digi-scrappin for about 5, and yet I somehow just recently found my way into the wonderful online community of digi-scrappers!

I am 35 and have a 3-year-old daughter who is in equal parts the delight and terror of my every day! She is SO busy! lol And of course I try to catch ALL of it with the camera!! (Sometimes I even catch her camera shy Daddy too) And we are getting a herd of alpacas (I think it's 18 of them, well 3 will be llamas...) next week so I will have a whole new theme to scrap about! Yay!!

Enough about me ... looking forward to meeting you! Happy scrappin'!!

Toiny
08-31-2012, 09:42 AM
Hi Lyndsey! I have to know more about the alpacas. How, why, for wool? How exciting. My kids would think they'd gone to heaven if a whole herd moved in.

Welcome to the Studio. I can't wait to get to know you all better (do all the alpaca's get a name?).

ADBDesign {anita_d}
08-31-2012, 10:52 AM
WOW alpacas and llamas --- tell me more!!! Youll love it here. Welcome welcome!

Lyndsfairne
08-31-2012, 11:13 AM
My aunt and uncle have moved from their home in the country to the cottage on the lake, making an hour drive one way to go feed the animals once a day for my uncle. So when we moved back to Michigan from Washington this spring, we found ourselves with a five acre farm, and offered to take on the herd for them. I started crocheting this past winter and this upcoming winter I will start spinning and hand dyeing my own yarn from the alpaca fiber my uncle has laying around!!! It is a very exciting adventure I am embarking upon! And yes, all the alpacas have names (Patriot, Stormy, Rosey, and Pudge to name a few) and next year we will have krias (baby alpacas) to name ourselves!

Toiny
08-31-2012, 12:45 PM
That sounds awesome Lyndsey. What a neat adventure you are on. I love that you get to spin & hand dye. Not the crocheting so much, I have no talent or patience for that LOL, but the dye especially would be fun. And the naming of krias (new word!), I love coming up with names. Thanks for sharing!

NancyP
08-31-2012, 01:40 PM
Hi Lyndsey!! So nice to meet another Michigander---even if I am living in SC right now!! I see from the LP you are a Troll. No everyone----I'm not being insulting. UPs are Yupees and LPs are Trolls (because they live UNDER the bridge) ---Lyndsey understands!!! I'm also a Troll----hailing from Alpena. So nice to have you here and I can't wait to see photos of the alpacas!!

Lara's Digi World
09-02-2012, 04:14 AM
Welcome on board!

Janet-B
09-02-2012, 05:14 AM
Welcome to the Studio! I don't know anything about alpacas except that their wool is delicious in sweaters!

Aveziur
09-02-2012, 06:14 AM
Welcome Lyndsey, waiting seeing you baby LO's (and the alpacas and llamas too ;)

jusmedigital
09-02-2012, 08:26 AM
hi, Lyndsey. I can SOOO relate to the 3 year old delight & terror. although he'll be 4 in January. ;)

welcome! I can't wait to see your creations.

girlboheme
09-02-2012, 06:21 PM
Welcome Lyndsey! I also live in Michigan, but further south in Grand Rapids :D I love to take road trips up north because it's just so darned gorgeous up there! Those Alpaca's will be so much fun to have, I'm sure :((

Studio4 Designworks
09-02-2012, 06:49 PM
Welcome to the Studio Lyndsey. Look forward to seeing your creations in the gallery!