PDA

View Full Version : Scavenger Hunt: The Clues!

kimberkatt
09-02-2012, 11:28 AM
Hi guys!! Is everyone ready to play another round of Scavenger Hunt?! :(( :))

First, for those of you who have never played before, it's really very simple!

I will give you a total of 30 clues.
Each clue corresponds to a specific product in our Personal Use Store (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/store/).
Use the clues to hunt throughout our Personal Use Store (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/store/).
You will find this graphic if you are correct:

http://digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/images/scavengerhunt.png

Make a list of each answer as you come across them - IMPORTANT: Please include BOTH Designer name and Kit name - If the designer name and/or kit name is NOT on your list, you cannot win!
PM (Private Message) me your list once you are done
I will let you know if you are correct and send you your prize!
If you are not correct, I will inform you which ones you have wrong so you can try again. You will have the entire month of September to get them right! ;)

Your Prize for sending in a complete, correct list is the new September Mega: Old School (https://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=315_317&products_id=14334) absolutely FREE!

https://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/store/images/thestudio_oldschool_preview.jpg (https://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=315_317&products_id=14334)

~~ GRAND PRIZE ~~
One lucky person will be chosen at random to WIN an entire year's worth of Mega Kits!! I will pool all of your correct lists together and have one of my kids draw a name to determine the winner! Winner will be announced on Oct 1!!

If you have any questions, or get stuck on a clue and need another one, just post here in this thread and I will do my best to help you out without giving it away! :DD Good luck everyone and have fun!! :((

Here are your 30 clues:

A gentle wind
Brilliant Hue for myself
Educational instructor's favorite student
Cavort with clubs & balls
Couples plan these special nights without kids
Finding your Spirit
Snowy Season's light icy covering
The sound a train makes
Inhabiting the room where you cook
Some people say this after "Pretty Please"
A festive gathering with herbal drinks and the symbol of God's promise to Noah
At most what you do during REM sleep
Water Nymph's place to have fun with swings
A very popular Beatles Song
A Father's female child
The Season of Sunshine in a rural setting
Ernie from Sesame Street's favorite toy - he even sang a song about it!
A Red vision while sleeping
Written notes of adoration
Mary, Mary, _____ ________ - Nursery Rhyme
A small explosive people set off on 4th of July
What some people call their partners/spouse
Rhythmic literary work in the season of rebirth
What people on a tight rope do
Here comes that eight-legged insect
It's the moment to tell about adoration
A beautiful haunting spirit
Bright light in summer & a pretty white-petaled flower
A blood-pumping organ & the spirit of you
A cheerful Independence Day

rabbitrun
09-02-2012, 05:04 PM
ARe you SURE you have all those images in their places? Like #4?

kimberkatt
09-02-2012, 06:46 PM
ooooo, good catch Karen! ;) I'm so sorry about that guys... and I even double checked! :rolleyes: Der.... :l I'm, uh, triple checking now! lol

NancyP
09-02-2012, 07:15 PM
WOW! I'm sure going to learn all the products with this game!!

Studio4 Designworks
09-02-2012, 07:28 PM
What a great grand prize - love that kit!

britnkaysmemaw2
09-02-2012, 08:50 PM
ARe you SURE you have all those images in their places? Like #4?

LOL....I thought I was the one missing something, ROFL!

rabbitrun
09-02-2012, 08:54 PM
Sent you my list by PM. We'll see! You've been a busy girl!

teresaj
09-02-2012, 09:56 PM
Whew got all of them but 2, 6, 10, 14, 22, 23, & 26. I'm stumped on them.

DanielleS83
09-02-2012, 10:17 PM
Wouldnt be fun if it wasn't a bit of a challenge lol Im no good at these games but Im going to try anyway :)

angeldevildog
09-02-2012, 11:40 PM
PM'd my list.

britnkaysmemaw2
09-03-2012, 01:00 AM
You've got mail!

soshanna
09-03-2012, 03:26 AM
Ouch.. 2 more ! :(

PamR
09-03-2012, 10:14 AM
I know we have all month, but I'm like a dog with a bone!! Just sent my list, hope they are all right!

Min
09-03-2012, 10:35 AM
Awesome list, Kim, some of them have me completely baffled, LOL!

kimberkatt
09-03-2012, 10:41 AM
mwahahahaha.... I love to baffle! 3:)

I had some requests for additional clues to some of them, and figured some of you might benefit from it :l

Let's see....

#10 - What you put on an ice cream sunday to "top" it off

#13 - A female mythical creature that lives in the oceans & a place where there are slides and swings for children to play on

#14 - People who went to Woodstock in the '60's were mostly called what

#18 - what's another word for Red & a vision you have while sleeping

#22 - "Don't _______ the Charmin" - popular toilet paper commercial or what you have to do with Lemons to make Lemonade

#23 - Like a song, but mostly compiled together into books for people to read, Robert Frost is a very popular one

kimberkatt
09-03-2012, 10:49 AM
Whew got all of them but 2, 6, 10, 14, 22, 23, & 26. I'm stumped on them.

10, 14, 22, & 23 additional clues are in the post above ;)

#2 - dang it, I had a hard enough time coming up with the clue I had for this one! lol Okay, let's see here.... Another word for Hue, what you do with crayons & Not a dark hue, but a _____ one.... any help at all? hahaha.......

#6 - Looking for the spirit within yourself

#26 - What a clock keeps track of and the 3 words you use to express that you care about someone a lot

let me know if these help, please, please, ask again if you're still stuck! :)) :DD

PamR
09-03-2012, 11:03 AM
sometimes you have to 'rethink' the clues. I had a time with a few of them also! Kimberly, I just like the search, no need for prizes for me, lol.

redplaid3
09-03-2012, 12:23 PM
Finished...thanks for the extra help with the Beatles song. That was tricky! I pm'd you.

NancyP
09-03-2012, 04:43 PM
Totally stumped on number 4. The one I thought it was-----wasn't!!!!

OH GOOD GRIEF!!! So I found out what the Beatles song was----but now I have to take that kit off from number 24 where I though it belonged. WELL----isn't that what they do on a tightrope????
SO----a hint for 24 please!!!

angeldevildog
09-03-2012, 04:51 PM
I had to google the Beatles song before I figured that one out. I kept thinking it was by someone else. It was hard but the prize was worth it. Thank you to all the designers who made the kit. I wish I would have had those extra clues though.

teresaj
09-03-2012, 07:30 PM
Thanks for the extra hints I found them all but #6. I still don't get that one.

NancyP
09-03-2012, 07:59 PM
Well there is another kit that is also the name of a Beatles song, and of course I thought it was that one---but there were NO balloons!!!

countryscrap
09-04-2012, 01:39 PM
What a great and challenging scavenger hunt. Thank you Kimberly for getting it together. I sent my answers today.

kimberkatt
09-04-2012, 03:49 PM
Totally stumped on number 4. The one I thought it was-----wasn't!!!!

OH GOOD GRIEF!!! So I found out what the Beatles song was----but now I have to take that kit off from number 24 where I though it belonged. WELL----isn't that what they do on a tightrope????
SO----a hint for 24 please!!!

LOL Nancy, you crack me up!

#4 - When I play I usually get Double Bogie and never a Birdie <-- I'm not very good! lol

#24 - Gymnasts also do this on a beam of the same name

kimberkatt
09-04-2012, 03:52 PM
Thanks for the extra hints I found them all but #6. I still don't get that one.

#6 - Evil people don't have one & another term for "looking for something", I do a lot of these through Google ;)

kimberkatt
09-04-2012, 03:53 PM
so are my extra clues helping........ or making things worse ??

mwahahahahahhaaaaa......... 3:)

danzinst
09-04-2012, 04:13 PM
Kim you give great clues.I found them all and just sent them in. Thanks for another fun afternoon.

kimberkatt
09-04-2012, 04:22 PM
Thank you Faye!! :XX I've just sent your prize code! ;)

I've sent all prizes to here, so if you didn't get your code, please let me know! I've been down with a cold since late Saturday and I just have this feeling like I've missed something.... :rolleyes:

I'm so happy you guys are enjoying this, it's tough to come up with those clues! lol

NancyP
09-04-2012, 04:29 PM
WHEW!! Just sent mine in!!! I should be horse whipped for not knowing number 24!!! You'll read why in the pm.

kimberkatt
09-04-2012, 04:36 PM
lol Nancy! I won't tell! shhhhh...... ;) I'm sending your prize out now!! Thanks for playing!! :DD

teresaj
09-04-2012, 07:12 PM
Thanks for the hint it finally clicked in my brain. Sending my list.

momto7
09-05-2012, 09:35 AM
I am down to only needing #12. :confused:
I found 2 kits that would fit what I think,but no balloons. :(

kimberkatt
09-05-2012, 11:36 AM
#12 was another I had a hard time with....

hmmm.... I'm thinking if you get at least the main word, you will probably find it ;)

so let's try this: what you "see" while you are sleeping? You know, those visions that can sometimes leave you baffled as to WHY on earth your subconscious would think that? Like that one I had where my dog was wearing a tutu! lol

LLPooh1
09-05-2012, 01:22 PM
I've got 18 out of 30 so far... you may have answered this already, but each designer is only used once? I know in the past it was that way. :)

Having fun, tagging a lot for my wish list!!

kimberkatt
09-05-2012, 01:27 PM
That's correct, unless you count the collab kit designers ;) *hint, hint* :DD

LLPooh1
09-05-2012, 01:46 PM
:) Thanks! 5 more to find! :)

LLPooh1
09-05-2012, 02:54 PM
Down to my last one... and I KNOW what the clue means (it's got to be the easiest one... #19!!), but can't find a kit that has those balloons! grrrr... keep searching! LOL

momto7
09-05-2012, 03:15 PM
I was having the same problem on # 12. I just had to adjust my search method a tad and I finally found it.
Good Luck.

LLPooh1
09-05-2012, 03:45 PM
Yep, Brenda, you're right. I stepped back, did something else, came back and found it! Whew! LOL

Renee
09-05-2012, 04:11 PM
You know this is way harder when you are Dutch!!! :confused::grrr::'(

kimberkatt
09-05-2012, 06:17 PM
hahahaha Jeannette! Google is your friend... :l

kidding.... please ask if you're stuck, really! :XX

yabby
09-05-2012, 07:21 PM
I got it, and I even think I got the right ones for them all. Really glad you mentioned that there is only one by each designer because that helped me to narrow down where to look when my brain locked up...I just had a list of the 5 that I couldn't get and looked in the designer shop for names that went with the hint.

cylynn
09-05-2012, 09:18 PM
I"m almost there, I'm stuck on 7, 26, 28, and 29. I'll try again tomorrow some.

kimberkatt
09-06-2012, 09:45 AM
Cynthia, do you need extra clues for those ones? Let me know and I'll see what I can come up with ;)

Yez2psp
09-06-2012, 08:47 PM
oh Gosh I'm really stuck on 23. The one I thought didn't have any balloons. Another clue please?

kimberkatt
09-07-2012, 09:23 AM
oh Gosh I'm really stuck on 23. The one I thought didn't have any balloons. Another clue please?

Did you see this one I posted earlier in the thread:

#23 - Like a song, but mostly compiled together into books for people to read, Robert Frost is a very popular one

That's only an extra for part of the kit name ;) hmmm, clue for the other part... how about The Rainy Season?

let me know if you need more help :DD

Yez2psp
09-07-2012, 07:36 PM
Oh I didn't see that second clue, I was going by the 30 at the top. Thanks, that helps!

Did you see this one I posted earlier in the thread:

That's only an extra for part of the kit name ;) hmmm, clue for the other part... how about The Rainy Season?

let me know if you need more help :DD

Jan Merkley
09-08-2012, 04:59 AM
I have every one of them except for #12. I've done searches. I have gone designer by designer trying to find it. And even with the two clues I'm still clueless!! Time for bed. I'll try again later. But if you do happen to have another clue....I could sure use it! Thanks!!

Jan Merkley
09-08-2012, 11:34 AM
Finally!! I found it!! Don't need more clues!!! Thanks!

cramerd
09-08-2012, 12:05 PM
Wow! That was a challenge. It took me forever to figure out #22... until I read your clues. Thank you! I am going to PM my answers now.
By the way... There are 3 Beatles songs.

kimberkatt
09-08-2012, 05:01 PM
Finally!! I found it!! Don't need more clues!!! Thanks!

Yay! I'm glad you found them all! I'm sorry I missed this! I didn't receive a PM from you yet, though, just in case you sent one ;)

Thanks Jan!

kimberkatt
09-08-2012, 05:04 PM
Wow! That was a challenge. It took me forever to figure out #22... until I read your clues. Thank you! I am going to PM my answers now.
By the way... There are 3 Beatles songs.

You should have your prize code, congrats! And, I know! I had no idea the Beatles were so popular among scrap kits until someone told me earlier! lol Sorry about that.... not sure if it would have changed my clue or not though.... mwahahahahahaaa..... 3:)

dj_w
09-09-2012, 09:59 PM
Found them all, and then saw the extra clues-oh well. Guess your first clues were good clues!

kimberkatt
09-10-2012, 09:45 AM
Everyone should have their prize codes through here! Great hunting everyone!! :((

cylynn
09-11-2012, 01:10 PM
I worked at it some more and I am completely lost on 26, 28 can i get another clue?

pbhill
09-14-2012, 04:04 PM
Kim,

I sent you my list by pm in the evening of Sept 12. Did you receive it? Thanks.

kimberkatt
09-14-2012, 04:42 PM
I worked at it some more and I am completely lost on 26, 28 can i get another clue?

I'm so sorry, I completely missed this! I haven't been getting notifications for the past few days.... did you guys break the forum?!!! :O

Do you still need extra clues? I'll be back with some in just a bit ;)

kimberkatt
09-14-2012, 04:48 PM
Kim,

I sent you my list by pm in the evening of Sept 12. Did you receive it? Thanks.

:duh: Yes, I did get it, I did read it.... I did NOT reply though! :o Do I get points for thinking I did?!! :duh::rolleyes:

You've got mail, Babette! So sorry about that! <3

kimberkatt
09-14-2012, 05:09 PM
Okay extra clues for #26 & #28 coming up!!

This was an earlier extra for #26, not sure if you saw it or not:

#26 - What a clock keeps track of and the 3 words you use to express that you care about someone a lot

#28 - On a cloudy day you wish for this bright light & Donald Ducks "Main Squeeze" ;)

And, if you're really good, you'll find the extra clue I threw in there for #22!! :DD

Jazz2000
09-14-2012, 06:48 PM
I think I finally got it done!!! Those extra clues really helped - especially for the Beatles Song & loved one nickname (I was starting to wonder if I should start searching uncomplimentary words). :DD

pbhill
09-14-2012, 07:04 PM
:duh: Yes, I did get it, I did read it.... I did NOT reply though! :o Do I get points for thinking I did?!! :duh::rolleyes:

You've got mail, Babette! So sorry about that! <3

No problem, Kim. You are one busy lady here at the Studio, plus being a Mom in your real life..

kimberkatt
09-14-2012, 07:12 PM
I think I finally got it done!!! Those extra clues really helped - especially for the Beatles Song & loved one nickname (I was starting to wonder if I should start searching uncomplimentary words). :DD

bwahahahaaa... yeah, there are a few choice words I'd like to call my significant other sometimes!! :)) But, I wouldn't do that to you guys...... or, maybe I would.... 3:)

cylynn
09-14-2012, 07:34 PM
THis hunt was harder than the past for me. But I got it, thanks for the extra clues.

spenny
09-14-2012, 10:20 PM
Well ....I think I got them. Some of them were really tough. Thanks for the extra clues !! :))(sent you a PM)

[email protected]
09-15-2012, 04:58 PM
Sent PM! Thanks for extra clues.

amsangel
09-15-2012, 09:52 PM
I am SO glad it occurred to me to see if there were extra clues!! (But I do have another two cents :) (And... you are GOOD!!)
mwahahahaha.... I love to baffle! 3:)

I had some requests for additional clues to some of them, and figured some of you might benefit from it :l

Let's see....

#10 - What you put on an ice cream sunday to "top" it off Must be a regional thing, NEVER would have thought of this! lol

#14 - People who went to Woodstock in the '60's were mostly called what I didn't know the Beatles sang this! ((hangs head in shame))

#22 - "Don't _______ the Charmin" - popular toilet paper commercial or what you have to do with Lemons to make Lemonade never would have gotten this either, makes me think RETRO!

amsangel
09-15-2012, 10:49 PM
Well Good Gravy that's done!! I thought I was going to have to ask for MORE hints on #2 and #12; your shop searcher is rigged, I'm just sure of it!! :l If it wasn't for one/designer... You are one wicked game-master!! Thanks for the great time :XX Time for bed, that wore me out :))

kimberkatt
09-17-2012, 10:53 AM
Well Good Gravy that's done!! I thought I was going to have to ask for MORE hints on #2 and #12; your shop searcher is rigged, I'm just sure of it!! :l If it wasn't for one/designer... You are one wicked game-master!! Thanks for the great time :XX Time for bed, that wore me out :))

bwahahahaa.... but you did it! Don't you feel proud? :l

I was instructed not to make it too easy on you guys.... did I fulfill my job requirement?!! 8D :l 3:)

JulesW
09-18-2012, 11:39 AM
FINALLY!! Your clues really helped Kimberly! I was truly stuck on #26 and I'm a huge Beatles fan! Never would have gotten this one without your clue. Thanks. PM to be sent shortly -- hope I have them all correct!

zanthia
09-18-2012, 11:55 AM
pm sent!

JulesW
09-19-2012, 06:46 AM
Just sent you a PM!

withnuts
09-19-2012, 08:54 PM
Sent you my answers yesterday. This was fun. Thanks so much for hosting,

kimberkatt
09-20-2012, 10:24 AM
Sending out prize codes right now! :(( Thanks for playing everyone!! :XX

There's still 10 days left to get in on the hunt!! ;)

vrmoondance
09-23-2012, 07:31 PM
Thanks so much for the Hunt, Kimberly. It was challenging, but so fun! I PM'd my answers.

Renee
09-27-2012, 03:09 PM
I did it!! :((:)):((
It gave me major headaches, I went to bed way too late, I used Google till it almost fell apart, but I have 30 answer for you Kim.
I'm not in it for the mega, which I believe people receive for having all the correct answers, I already have that one. I'm in it to prove to myself I CAN solve a puzzle in English, so I can brag about it to my kids
8D8D Isn't mummy the smartest mummy ever??? ;)
Pm-ing you the list now!!

donakat
09-28-2012, 09:01 PM
I hate to say how much time I spent on this hunt, and how hard a few of them were for me. One kit I had assigned to two clues before I got it to the right one! Hope my answers are right. Sending a PM now.

jimmyrose
09-29-2012, 10:25 AM
This was lots of fun as is everything Kim gets her hands on. And what does she not get her hands on afterall.

kimberkatt
09-29-2012, 10:43 AM
Awww, thank you Rose! :XX I had lots of fun, too! September is my most favoritest time of year!! :DD :((

Renee
09-29-2012, 01:02 PM
:((:((:((

Thanks for hosting Kim, this was fun!
<3<3