PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Perth

Kirstyb
09-03-2012, 09:57 PM
Hi all

I've been scrapping for a while and have just discovered digital. I love the no mess factor. I only have CM software at the moment but that seems to be working out ok. Is it worth buying photoshop or something similar, all the demos in the mags make it look a little complicated (for me anyway lol) . Looking forward to your feedback hints and help.

Kirsty :DD

NancyP
09-04-2012, 12:53 AM
Hi Kirsty! Welcome to the site. I use PSE 8 and although I found it tricky when I first started, I found many tutorials that really helped me. You will find all the help you need here. The gals are SUPER and will answer all your questions. Make sure you check out all the great tutorials here.

Toiny
09-04-2012, 05:16 AM
Hi Kirsty! Welcome to theStudio. I've never used the CM software so I do not know how it functions. That said I think Photoshop Elements is a great tool for digital scrapbooking. It is an easier-to-use version of Photoshop and a lot cheaper. Adobe has a free trial on it's site, and they do have occasional sales dropping it into the $50-60 range. In addition, we do have quite a few PSE tutorials on site and are working to add even more.

I hope that helps a little?

msbrad
09-04-2012, 07:20 AM
Hi and welcome to The Studio and the wonderful world of digi. I too like the no mess factor.
I was an old time obsessive paper scrapper and used tons and tons of CM product however I've never used their digital program.
I'm mostly an Adobe gal. I know those programs rather well. I don't consider them more difficult, just different. As Toiny mentioned they often have good sales on them.
Happy to assist if you give them a go.
m

yorkiemom
09-04-2012, 07:21 AM
Welcome Kirsty!

SnickerdoodleDesigns
09-04-2012, 08:36 AM
Toiny and Michi have hit the nail on the head! I've seen the CM software, and it is nice. Photoshop Elements is different, with perhaps more chance for your own creativity to shine thru. I look forward to seeing your work as you go forward! Welcome!

kimberkatt
09-04-2012, 08:50 AM
Hi Kirsty! Welcome to theStudio! :DD

I've never used the CM software either, but I do believe that there are other members here who do, so don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions! ;)

girlboheme
09-04-2012, 09:47 AM
Welcome Kirsty! CM is good to start with. I am also an Adobe gal and I would probably suggest Elements if you really want to expand. It isn't too hard to learn and like Kim said, we have people here who use all sorts of programs and we can answer all your questions, I'm sure ;) So glad to meet you and can't wait to see more of your beautiful layouts!

jusmedigital
09-04-2012, 10:35 AM
hi Kirsty. the reason i got into digi was the mess factor -- and the fact that once you cut paper, it's pretty much cut. at least with digi, there's an undo. :)

i have CM software, but have never used it. I'm stuck in my photoshop ways i guess. i'm thinking you can use non-CM items on the software though.

looking forward to getting to know you.

Kirstyb
09-04-2012, 10:36 PM
Thanks for the Lovely welcome and help on the software issue. For now i'll just plod alond with CM I think. I have finally worked out what i'm doing (i think) how to add kits and make my own embellishments. So i will roll with "better the devil you know" for now :)

boo.6204
09-04-2012, 11:52 PM
Hi Kristyb!

What a great time to find digi with all the fun stuff going on this month. We're happy to have you and can't wait to see what you make and there is always someone here to help.

Lara's Digi World
09-05-2012, 01:05 AM
Hi sweetie,

Welcome to theStudio!

Breeza
09-07-2012, 08:57 PM
Hi Kristy. Welcome to the site hun. I get such a kick out of seeing more and more Aussies crossing over to digi :D Hope to see you around ♥