PDA

View Full Version : Chat Thread: Week 1

Toiny
09-05-2012, 11:04 PM
Feel free to chat away!

MizzKitten
09-05-2012, 11:16 PM
First, I want to say 'bon travail' to all judges :D It must be so difficult to choose from all fabulous mini kit.
And I am so happy that now is already 6 September there, I am so curious with the different timezone...here is 11 hours start earlier :)

AliSarah
09-06-2012, 12:08 AM
I am so happy I made the deadline!! My hubby just upgraded my computer and more than half my programs... I had to hunt down registration keys, download an ftp client, and do all kinds of things I usually don't have to do in order to get started designing- including figuring out where to start in PSCS6, when I had PSCS3 before!! It's been a crazy couple days!! 8D

Now the curiosity will set in! Tomorrow, I'm looking forward to downloading all the kits! They all look really great!! <3

Huggles!!
~Sarah~

Pacifika
09-06-2012, 12:21 AM
Ooo Sarah, that's terrible timing. Glad you made the deadline. Love the winter theme of your kit. Very pretty.

Meta! I had no idea you were "MizzKitten". I've seen you here but I'm not around much anymore. I am over at GP a lot and I saw that you had been there for a bit as a designer. I was so sorry to see you go. Glad you are here shooting for the Next Designer position though.

MizzKitten
09-06-2012, 02:24 AM
Ooo Sarah, that's terrible timing. Glad you made the deadline. Love the winter theme of your kit. Very pretty.

Meta! I had no idea you were "MizzKitten". I've seen you here but I'm not around much anymore. I am over at GP a lot and I saw that you had been there for a bit as a designer. I was so sorry to see you go. Glad you are here shooting for the Next Designer position though.

Hehehe, mizzkitten is my first designer name, then in 2010 I change into my own name (Meta Wulandari) :) Thanks btw

NancyP
09-06-2012, 03:33 AM
All I can say is I am glad I am not a judge! You are all winners!!!

Lynn
09-06-2012, 03:35 AM
Managed to post mine last night and was panicking as have been really busy with work this week so almost didn't get everything finished. Of course, it wasn't helped by hubbie nagging me to get out of the office so he could lock it up :rolleyes:!

Only had a quick look at some of the entries and they are amazing. I am so glad I didn't look before finishing mine as otherwise I would have never have entered, they are so good!!! Good luck everyone :)

Toiny
09-06-2012, 03:45 AM
I just want to mention... I'm dreaming of your mini's!!! I think having to vote is worse than waiting for the vote results. I absolutely love the gallery.

Gabri
09-06-2012, 05:24 AM
I absolutely love the gallery too!!!!
All the minis are wonderful.
I'm also so happy about all the kind words for my little kit!
It makes my day!
Thank you at all!

makeyesup
09-06-2012, 06:34 AM
Can't even imagine how this will be judged. After going thru the gallery, I would say you are all winners. Best of luck. Love watching this contest each year.

mollyscraps
09-06-2012, 08:07 AM
Awww... that brought tears to my eyes... This is my third year doing the contest and I have yet to get to Round 4 but it is so much fun- the camaraderie between contestants and the support from the site's designers and CT is awesome! Thank you for hosting us Toiny!

I just want to mention... I'm dreaming of your mini's!!! I think having to vote is worse than waiting for the vote results. I absolutely love the gallery.

mollyscraps
09-06-2012, 08:09 AM
I also want to thank NancyP especially as she took the time to comment on every LO I made (I'll finish up today) as well as my mini. She has really been encouraging!

starwarsfans
09-06-2012, 08:23 AM
Whatever happens, this has been an awesome experience. I am so glad I stumbled across it, even if it was at the very last minute! Thank you everyone for your kind words and encouragement. I have no idea how the judges are going to narrow down the playing field. All the entries are wonderful!

Bright Eyes
09-06-2012, 09:25 AM
Wow, ladies.... what wonderful mini kits. Had a computer crash this last week so had not checked out the gallery until yesterday. So many beautiful ones that I would hate to be a judge. Thank you all for sharing your work with us.

kimberkatt
09-06-2012, 09:36 AM
Whatever happens, this has been an awesome experience. I am so glad I stumbled across it, even if it was at the very last minute! Thank you everyone for your kind words and encouragement. I have no idea how the judges are going to narrow down the playing field. All the entries are wonderful!

Hey Tricia! Not sure if you recognize me in this setting, I'm usually over at GS doing Scrapping Survivor right about now! lol Nice to see you here and joining in the contest!! :DD

You guys are making this SO hard to vote.... I need more coffee!!! I cannot believe the talent we have in the gallery right now, AMAZING!! :love:

createdbyjill
09-06-2012, 10:49 AM
Here ya go!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/originalassin/bolt-emoticons/coffee.gif

(I'm actually trying to be productive today! Imagine that!)

mandak
09-06-2012, 11:40 AM
Don't forget You can vote for your favorite contestants in the Layout Contest while you wait! http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=11762

kimberkatt
09-06-2012, 11:55 AM
Hey, while your waiting, come play BINGO with us (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11708)!! You have until tomorrow at 2pm EST to get your card uploaded!! :(( :DD :(( :DD

starwarsfans
09-06-2012, 01:30 PM
Hey Tricia! Not sure if you recognize me in this setting, I'm usually over at GS doing Scrapping Survivor right about now! lol Nice to see you here and joining in the contest!! :DD

You guys are making this SO hard to vote.... I need more coffee!!! I cannot believe the talent we have in the gallery right now, AMAZING!! :love:

Hi Kimberly! I remember you! I haven't heard about Scrapping Survivor yet this year. I hope it's coming soon. :)

manu79
09-06-2012, 03:08 PM
Don't forget You can vote for your favorite contestants in the Layout Contest while you wait! http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=11762

Just voted, gosh that was a hard decision to make - wonderfully talented ladies there!

Minoush
09-06-2012, 03:12 PM
I just want to mention... I'm dreaming of your mini's!!!

Thatīs because all the minis are "moonrise"-kits 8D

Sleep well this night, Toiny http://i1021.photobucket.com/albums/af338/Minoush_photos/smilies/smileys-sleeping-661853.gif

browneyedsusan
09-06-2012, 03:18 PM
Didn't even know this was here. But the week has been crazy for me. Our second week of school (I am the asst. director of a preschool) and it has just been so busy. I was so excited about the contest and uploaded my entry and then went to bed. Woke up the next morning so excited to check and someone said I had my blog train download for the download. I am very OCD so I freak out completely. I had clicked on the first link instead of the second. Teach me not to double check (it was late and I posted and went to bed). I scrambled and replaced that and then I checked again before I left for work and it said they couldn't download and I was over my bandwidth. So I go in there and pay for more room and had to run to work. I didn't get to check till later when I got home from work because I had gone out to eat for my birthday. It said they were getting the same error. I go check and it does not show my extra bandwidth. I am really not happy now and went and paid again and it instantly showed so I don't know what happened. I am trying to figure it all out and have been. I signed up for a website but can't figure out how to get the link for the uploads so people can download. I have burned the midnight oil trying to figure it out but it is such fun. I am loving all the mini kits and the spirit and kindness of everyone is amazing. Good luck to everyone!! This girl is here to stay, can't wait to have more time to check everything out.

kimberkatt
09-06-2012, 05:55 PM
Wow! That's a lot of turmoil for a mini kit! lol So glad you got it sorted, and that you're planning on staying!! We love our happy little family here, hope you do, too, and become a part of it! :DD

aeryn
09-06-2012, 06:25 PM
Hi everyone! I took a long break from designing & have just started again, this is the first time I have entered a design contest. Definitely on pins and needles til Saturday, lol. I used to design as Munchkyn Scraps and when I decided I wanted to start again, I decided to change my design name so you'll see my entry under Jody_M Design. I started on my mini when I got the newsletter announcement then real life got in the way & I ended up scrambling last night to get it done & posted. I think I got it up about 10 minutes before the midnight EST deadline, lol. I think I may have a boo-boo in my mini tho. When I read thru the rules and saw we could also have black or white along with the palette I made one element, a cloud frame, that is white with a moon & stars in the palette colors. Since I was short on time I didn't read thru the entire round 1 thread til today & saw Toiny's post about only using black or white as accent colors not as an element base color. If this disqualifies me I'm ok with that. It was great fun just to participate :-) I don't envy you all your job as judges, every kit in the gallery is fabulous!! I could never decide on which ones to vote for, lol. What a fabulous collab kit this is & I'm looking forward to downloading each one (hopefully tonight after the family is in bed) and am grateful to have the chance to participate :-)

katlen124
09-06-2012, 07:00 PM
looking back I what I did ... I have so much more ... very inspiring palette

starwarsfans
09-06-2012, 09:05 PM
looking back I what I did ... I have so much more ... very inspiring palette

I was thinking the same thing! I had a hard time narrowing my elements down to 12. It would be fun to go back and turn it into a full kit later.

avalon4
09-06-2012, 11:45 PM
Just finished looking at the last of the entries tonight and there is some amazing stuff in there that's for sure. Such creativity - you've all done so very well. And if you're new to designing and it's your first time, it's a big step and you'll be glad you did it.

It is important to follow the rules though as I noticed there were probably a few no-nos, but fabulous to look at none-the-less. Give yourselves a bit pat on the back for a job well done!

kimberkatt
09-07-2012, 09:43 AM
Hey, while your waiting, come play BINGO with us (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11708)!! You have until tomorrow at 2pm EST to get your card uploaded!! :(( :DD :(( :DD

Guys, I totally goofed! :o I really thought yesterday was Friday... like, ALL DAY!! Was completely bummed when I discovered it was only Thurs at 7pm and realized I had to get up and get kids ready for school the next day! :rolleyes: :duh: Geesh, I complain about not having enough time and here I go skipping a day! :P 8D

So, you have all day today to get your cards uploaded for the game, which starts tomorrow! ;) :DD

browneyedsusan
09-07-2012, 09:49 AM
I hate when that happens. I did that this week because Monday was a holiday so I was off on my days. When my boys were growing up I homeschooled them so we were always at home. I liked the not having to rush them out the door thing. :))

kimberkatt
09-07-2012, 09:56 AM
I so wish I was brave enough to homeschool - right now we spend a good amount of $$ to send the kids to Catholic School because our Public School System leaves A LOT to be desired!

browneyedsusan
09-07-2012, 10:34 AM
Well it isn't for everyone but I will tell you that it scared me badly at first. I read up on it and realized that it wasn't that hard. We do it everyday as moms just teaching our kids how to live life. When I had to do the hard stuff like Algebra I found resources to teach it. Now you can find apps that will teach it. I knew a math major and just asked her for help. I think I was more excited than my son when I learned it. haha. I have one that would teach himself basically. I just assigned the work and he did it, the other one. He has ADHD and I always kind of suspected it. Well he could work for a while and then do something else then get back to his work. I had to find what worked with him but we know our kids so that isn't to difficult. It is when they are in a classroom of kids and are expected to conform or they are wrong. I work at a preschool and the parents and teachers do it there. Gets me everytime. One teacher told a little one, act like your five. I wanted to tell her, he IS acting like he is five. He IS ONLY five. I did get nervous when my sons needed their transcripts, one went into the Navy and the other for job interviews. Didn't have a problem, whew!! :) I don't regret it for a minute, I also had to work as I was a single mom (divorced) but I ran a daycare in my home so it worked for me.

mollyscraps
09-07-2012, 11:06 AM
I wish I had been a day ahead. I've been a day behind all week. Today, I went to my 9am appointment to find that it was actually yesterday. *sigh*

Guys, I totally goofed! :o I really thought yesterday was Friday... like, ALL DAY!! Was completely bummed when I discovered it was only Thurs at 7pm and realized I had to get up and get kids ready for school the next day! :rolleyes: :duh: Geesh, I complain about not having enough time and here I go skipping a day! :P 8D

So, you have all day today to get your cards uploaded for the game, which starts tomorrow! ;) :DD

mollyscraps
09-07-2012, 11:09 AM
This is a phenomenal testimony to homeschooling. I have no kids so it is pretty easy for me to be an advocate- I don't have to put my money where my mouth is. Stories like this are awesome!

Well it isn't for everyone but I will tell you that it scared me badly at first. I read up on it and realized that it wasn't that hard. We do it everyday as moms just teaching our kids how to live life. When I had to do the hard stuff like Algebra I found resources to teach it. Now you can find apps that will teach it. I knew a math major and just asked her for help. I think I was more excited than my son when I learned it. haha. I have one that would teach himself basically. I just assigned the work and he did it, the other one. He has ADHD and I always kind of suspected it. Well he could work for a while and then do something else then get back to his work. I had to find what worked with him but we know our kids so that isn't to difficult. It is when they are in a classroom of kids and are expected to conform or they are wrong. I work at a preschool and the parents and teachers do it there. Gets me everytime. One teacher told a little one, act like your five. I wanted to tell her, he IS acting like he is five. He IS ONLY five. I did get nervous when my sons needed their transcripts, one went into the Navy and the other for job interviews. Didn't have a problem, whew!! :) I don't regret it for a minute, I also had to work as I was a single mom (divorced) but I ran a daycare in my home so it worked for me.

kimberkatt
09-07-2012, 12:38 PM

That is amazing and I completely admire you! :love: Yes, I hate when people don't allow kids to just be kids sometimes! One of the reasons I LOVE the school we have our kids in now! It's small, class sizes are only 5-12 kids per classroom and the teacher's there are genuinely involved with the students! They volunteer their time so freely and willingly! And it is a very comfortable feeling there, they welcome you in so graciously! I've never had a problem with them, I've only been encouraged by them, and they treat my kids like they are their own, which I love! So, to me, it's pretty well-worth the cost! ;)

mama4bears
09-07-2012, 12:42 PM
As a retired 1st grade teacher I can tell you the pressure on our kids is increasing all the time. Preschool and Kindergarten kiddos are expected to know what 1st and 2nd graders were taught just a few years ago. When I retired 2 years ago we were not allowed to do any science, geography, social studies-it was all reading and math. Whatever happened to the thinking that a child's play is their "work"? We were even "monitored" if we happened to take a recess outside! No good for the teachers and definitely no good for the kids as far as I'm concerned. I guess I shouldn't wonder why my blood pressure was sky high by the time I retired. Homeschooling looks better and better...

mama4bears
09-07-2012, 12:44 PM
Kimberly,
Sounds like you have your kids in a wonderful place. Believe me-that is how it is supposed to be!

kimberkatt
09-07-2012, 01:06 PM
Exactly Pam! I often wonder why our children are so pressured in this day and age? Is it because of working parents? Why can't children PLAY for pete's sake! I don't expect my children to be mature at age 6 & 7 but a lot of parents & adults do! I understand the whining, the fighting, the arguing.... they're KIDS! I understand them not wanting to do hours of homework after they've been in school all day long! I understand them just wanting to take a break after a while! I understand not wanting to follow the rules all the time, who the heck does? Why is it okay for adults to sit back and relax, but not our children? It's all just craziness to me, and some people think I'm crazy for allowing my kids to act like kids! Go ahead, scream all you want in WalMart because you want that toy... you're still not getting it! lol But some parents wouldn't even THINK to allow their child to react like that, and I think that's wrong, it's a natural reaction for children! They don't have the knowledge & means to express themselves, like we do! And some adults are sorely lacking in that department, too! :l

mama4bears
09-07-2012, 02:10 PM
Kimberly, I couldn't agree more!

kimberkatt
09-07-2012, 02:56 PM
I think I hijacked the thread! lol Really didn't mean to do that, sorry! :))

Commence with the stressed-out, refresh-happy, ball of nerves please!! :DD 8D

Jill.... I know you're out there...... waiting........ and watching.......... :)) :D

createdbyjill
09-07-2012, 03:02 PM
I think I hijacked the thread! lol Really didn't mean to do that, sorry! :))

Commence with the stressed-out, refresh-happy, ball of nerves please!! :DD 8D

Jill.... I know you're out there...... waiting........ and watching.......... :)) :D

You did great!!!! I can't be the only thread hijacker in here! 8D LOL

I'm actually trying to get a kit finished so I can start another....was already finished and then I had to go and change it up so now I have to make a whole NEW set of previews and add a few elements...should have just left it as it was! LOL

What time tomorrow?????

kimberkatt
09-07-2012, 04:24 PM
I'm not sure of the exact time but I believe it's crazy early for us here in the US! ;)

BarbJ
09-07-2012, 04:28 PM
6 A.M. est :-)

kimberkatt
09-07-2012, 05:05 PM
See, crazy early! At least for me! lol

Thanks Barb! :DD

JuliEnriquezDesigns
09-07-2012, 05:36 PM
I'm going to have to wait for the next one. I went away for the weekend, and never got to finish mine. Good luck to all. They all look awesome.

mollyscraps
09-07-2012, 05:37 PM
What??? Being productive??? :)

You did great!!!! I can't be the only thread hijacker in here! 8D LOL

I'm actually trying to get a kit finished so I can start another....was already finished and then I had to go and change it up so now I have to make a whole NEW set of previews and add a few elements...should have just left it as it was! LOL

What time tomorrow?????

mollyscraps
09-07-2012, 05:40 PM
Oh no ma'am... you have to get up early tomorrow to wake up Nibbles!! 3:)

See, crazy early! At least for me! lol

Thanks Barb! :DD

kimberkatt
09-07-2012, 06:43 PM
I'm going to have to wait for the next one. I went away for the weekend, and never got to finish mine. Good luck to all. They all look awesome.

Aww, I'm sorry about that Julie! But I bet your weekend away was worth it! ;) :))

kimberkatt
09-07-2012, 06:45 PM
Oh no ma'am... you have to get up early tomorrow to wake up Nibbles!! 3:)

Oh, no way... she's in Minnesota, I'm on the East Coast, I ALWAYS get up before she does! :l

kimberkatt
09-07-2012, 06:47 PM
Does "productive" include reposting ridiculous pictures on Facebook? 0:)

jimmyrose
09-07-2012, 06:56 PM
Been really busy today. We have a new kitten in the house and today we picked up a playmate for him. I must be out of my mind to bring two new babies into our lives at once. Pictures to come. Now off to see what has been added today.

mollyscraps
09-07-2012, 07:14 PM
Oh, I love kitties! Cannot wait to see the pics! Also, thank you for the many comments you left for me!

browneyedsusan
09-07-2012, 07:49 PM
Okay just sat down from work. The weekend is HERE!! Whoohoo!! Kimberly you seem to have yours children in a great place. YES, well worth the price. I work at an good preschool. Well I say good only because we aren't a typical daycare but do keep kids all day after preschool. We are know to be the best in town because the others are awful and only daycares, parents camp out all night to get into our school when we have registration. Someone said they were crazy and I told them, well people camp out on black friday for a TV or computer, my child is way more important and it would be totally worth camping out for that.

queenbee757
09-07-2012, 08:03 PM
Everyones minis are just amazing. I have been biting my nails all day long waiting for the results. Congrats everyone on your awesome minis and good luck to you all.

DanielleS83
09-07-2012, 08:36 PM
This voting thing has been a new experience for me and WOW....let me just say it was by far not the easiest thing in the world to do...I was floored at how many designs were posted...both for the NDC and the LO! My hats off to EVERYONE who has been a part of this wonderful experience and I hope everyone has enjoyed it!!!!

MizzKitten
09-07-2012, 08:58 PM
Been really busy today. We have a new kitten in the house and today we picked up a playmate for him. I must be out of my mind to bring two new babies into our lives at once. Pictures to come. Now off to see what has been added today.

I love kitten to...you can see it from my username :D I am waiting the pitcures 8D

DanielleS83
09-07-2012, 09:18 PM
You DID manage to breath in there somewhere right? :O

Have you checked out dropbox or mediafire? They're pretty decent. Honestly I <3 dropbox and can send you an "invite" if you like - I can also help you get it all figured out! If you want to do that just send me a PM so this doesn't get lost in the madness that is the forum 0:)

Didn't even know this was here. But the week has been crazy for me. Our second week of school (I am the asst. director of a preschool) and it has just been so busy. I was so excited about the contest and uploaded my entry and then went to bed. Woke up the next morning so excited to check and someone said I had my blog train download for the download. I am very OCD so I freak out completely. I had clicked on the first link instead of the second. Teach me not to double check (it was late and I posted and went to bed). I scrambled and replaced that and then I checked again before I left for work and it said they couldn't download and I was over my bandwidth. So I go in there and pay for more room and had to run to work. I didn't get to check till later when I got home from work because I had gone out to eat for my birthday. It said they were getting the same error. I go check and it does not show my extra bandwidth. I am really not happy now and went and paid again and it instantly showed so I don't know what happened. I am trying to figure it all out and have been. I signed up for a website but can't figure out how to get the link for the uploads so people can download. I have burned the midnight oil trying to figure it out but it is such fun. I am loving all the mini kits and the spirit and kindness of everyone is amazing. Good luck to everyone!! This girl is here to stay, can't wait to have more time to check everything out.

Key Lime Digi Design
09-07-2012, 09:31 PM
Hi guys...can I pop in with my 2cents? I see you brought up mediafire...I get the heebies when I see it come up. I always seem to get alot of supposedly blocked pop ups when I get a download through there. The other day one of the kits I got via mediafire triggered about 30 hack attempts. I use 4shared, but would love to know what everyone thinks is the best option.

On another note, is it 6 am yet? On the edge of my seat!

teguiegm
09-07-2012, 09:42 PM
I don't remember if I post a BIG TYVM to all the designers who share their talent and give us a wonderful freebies. For me all are winners, the kits are amazing, beautiful, cutes, gorgeous, incredibly talented ladies. The LO's are also amazing. Good luck for all of those who pass to the next round.

createdbyjill
09-07-2012, 10:45 PM
Does "productive" include reposting ridiculous pictures on Facebook? 0:)

rut roh....you saw those? LOL :o

createdbyjill
09-07-2012, 10:47 PM
The husband one was funny!

See you all tomorrow morning for the big reveal!

extase
09-08-2012, 03:10 AM
Can't wait to know who go to the round two.
good luck to you all :)

Janet-B
09-08-2012, 04:45 AM
The voting this year was the hardest yet -- everyone did such wonderful minis! Sooo much talent in the gallery! And I'm waiting too! Hurry with the results!

MizzKitten
09-08-2012, 05:02 AM
Oooooh...really can't wait to see who go to the round two.