PDA

View Full Version : NDC 2012: Round 4 Challenge

Toiny
09-22-2012, 05:00 AM
Congratulations to all of you for making it to the final round! You've hung in there against some stiff competition and prevailed. Well done.

Now comes your most difficult round. This is where we choose our winner. This is where one of you wins the coveted Silhouette CAMEO (https://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_free_shipping_info&cPath=403&products_id=13957&zenid=72109a39a36d92959b11288840ad2ea3), and gets an offer to be a Studio Designer. This is where it really counts.

This round I want to see, as they say in the cooking competitions, you on a plate. This kit should be everything you are as a Designer. There are minimal rules here, I really want to see YOU and what you are capable of.

Please be very careful with quality, both with your own designs as well as purchased CU. More than any other round, in this round quality can & will cost you the win. Likewise be sure to properly credit in your TOU.

The Challenge:
In keeping with our running theme of the moon, and my love for Captain Kimo, choose one photo, any photo, from Captain Kimo's gallery (http://captainkimo.com/hdr-photography-gallery/) as your inspiration.

You will create your theme, your palette and your description from this photo.

The Rules:

<font face="Courier New"><font size="2">Use the photo to inspire your kit. Remember the running base theme is the moon. Please include:
<font color="#111111"><!--?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/ /--><!--?xml:namespace prefix = o /--><o:p></o:p></font></font></font><p alt=</p>

- Your Palette
- A description, same as when you list your product in a store, sell your kit
- A link, in your description, to the photo in Captain Kimo's gallery (http://captainkimo.com/hdr-photography-gallery/) that inspired your kit
- There is no size limit
- Include a terms of use (TOU) within your zip file(s).
- The preview must be 600X600px, 72dpi, and a jpg file.
- The preview must include all papers, elements, kit name and your logo.
- Previews must be posted in the NDC Week 4 Entry (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/gallery/g1448-ndc-week-4-entry.html)Gallery due September 27, 2012 by 23:59 EST.
- Include your download links with your preview in the gallery only.
- Links must be available until September 29, 2012. It is appreciated if they are available until October 1, 2012. <o:p></o:p>

You may use commercial use/designer resource products in the creation of your kit. You may use more than one photo-editing/vector program to create your kit. You may use plug-ins.

Please do not break any copyright laws in this competition--you will be disqualified if you do. Do give credit, as required, to any Commercial Use products you use.

All previews must be posted in the NDC Week 4 Entry (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/gallery/g1448-ndc-week-4-entry.html) Gallery. Please post your download links there as well. You may use any outside host including 4shared/rapidshare/boxnet etc. You must use ZIP files only. Do not use RAR. You may blog all you like about the contest.

Voting will again be done privately by theStudio Design & Admin teams only.

- Round 4 kit will be due September 27, 2012 by 23:59 EST.
- Round 4 results will be posted September 29, 2012 by 6:00 am EST. <o:p></o:p>

I have worked hard to make these rules as clear and easy to understand as possible. However, if you have any questions please post here or PM me.

Good luck!

Toiny

ktkadoo
09-22-2012, 06:28 AM
So, does our picture have to have the moon in it? or any picture is okay, but we have to draw the moon into it if it's not there?

Toiny
09-22-2012, 06:49 AM
Any picture is fine! Whatever draws you.

So, does our picture have to have the moon in it? or any picture is okay, but we have to draw the moon into it if it's not there?

createdbyjill
09-22-2012, 07:27 AM
Five days to create total fabulousness.....oh-em-gee! 8D

ktkadoo
09-22-2012, 07:34 AM
That's how I'm feeling too.

createdbyjill
09-22-2012, 08:02 AM
Did I mention that this upcoming week is going to be CRAZY too??? Figures right? I see lots of coffee in my future!!

Maurine Stettler
09-22-2012, 09:08 AM
Wow -- that gallery has some incredible pictures to choose inspiration from! Can't wait to see what you each choose and how you interpret it in your kits! Best of luck!

manu79
09-22-2012, 09:32 AM
Oooooookaaaaaaay, will need about 2-3hours only for picking ONE of those photos *lol*

DanielleS83
09-22-2012, 09:54 AM
*chuckles* I can see that. I bet everyone will end up doing a FAB job - so as T said, keep an eye on your quality!!!! Do your best to make sure your elements flow and don't forget to step away if you need to. Sketch pads help as well :) Good Designing Fairy Dust to you all!!

ADBDesign {anita_d}
09-22-2012, 10:04 AM
good luick to you all!!!

littlespooky
09-22-2012, 10:06 AM
you can do it Jill!!Five days to create total fabulousness.....oh-em-gee! 8D

littlespooky
09-22-2012, 10:07 AM
can't wait to see all your kits finalists...how exciting!! and captain Kimo has some really beautiful pics to choose from

manu79
09-22-2012, 11:43 AM
Photo picked - check
colors picked - check
theme picked - check
Busy now :))

britnkaysmemaw2
09-22-2012, 12:12 PM
Congrats to all of you! Can't wait to see what you come up with. The inspiration photos you have to choose from are fabulous! Good luck to all of you!

Susanne79
09-22-2012, 12:34 PM
Thank you soooooo much :XX 8D

ktkadoo
09-22-2012, 12:43 PM
Am I correct then that we have through Thursday to get it done? All the other rounds were a Wednesday, right? Extra day, or typo?

Toiny
09-22-2012, 12:59 PM
You have an extra day :XX

Am I correct then that we have through Thursday to get it done? All the other rounds were a Wednesday, right? Extra day, or typo?

Minoush
09-22-2012, 02:42 PM

Oh girl, I kiss you for that question!
I didnīt notice that additional day and would work all the last night long once again. 8D
Now I will get a little bit more sleep...

By the way, I was thinking about not to start the final round, because I've been neglecting my family and home the last 3 weeks, but my hubby said "Do it!" - he is so sweet. :love:

Five days to create total fabulousness.....oh-em-gee! 8D

Jill, donīt groan! You did it fabulusness the last 3 weeks ;)

Congrats to all of you!
Thank you!

So I will be busy now and think donīt come back until Thursday.
Best wishes, good ideas and big cups of coffee to all you contestants!!

( boah, itīs the first day and Iīm already tired 8D - hubby, one cup of coffee please...)

createdbyjill
09-22-2012, 03:46 PM
*chuckles* I can see that. I bet everyone will end up doing a FAB job - so as T said, keep an eye on your quality!!!! Do your best to make sure your elements flow and don't forget to step away if you need to. Sketch pads help as well :) Good Designing Fairy Dust to you all!!

Sketch pads??? Like for drawing??? But I don't know HOW to draw! :'( (other then a stick figure....with feet!...Maybe a little hair) Can I still play???

createdbyjill
09-22-2012, 03:48 PM
Photo picked - check
colors picked - check
theme picked - check
Busy now :))

Picture picked
Zumba class taught
Eyes rested
Coffee in hand

Now if the rest of my family would consider me invisible for 4 days that'd be AWESOME

createdbyjill
09-22-2012, 03:50 PM
Oh girl, I kiss you for that question!
I didnīt notice that additional day and would work all the last night long once again. 8D
Now I will get a little bit more sleep...

By the way, I was thinking about not to start the final round, because I've been neglecting my family and home the last 3 weeks, but my hubby said "Do it!" - he is so sweet. :love:

Jill, donīt groan! You did it fabulusness the last 3 weeks ;)

Thank you!

So I will be busy now and think donīt come back until Thursday.
Best wishes, good ideas and big cups of coffee to all you contestants!!

( boah, itīs the first day and Iīm already tired 8D - hubby, one cup of coffee please...)

Well now that I know we have an extra day ...it's still OH - EM GEE!!!

Can I borrow your husband?

Ambowife Designs
09-22-2012, 04:06 PM
for those who didn't make it to the final round there is a playalong challenge over here, come on over and play if you would like to ;)
http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?p=131440#post131440

createdbyjill
09-22-2012, 04:24 PM
Can we have a Round 4 Layout Gallery purty please???

manu79
09-22-2012, 05:50 PM

Not really started yet and Jill is screaming for the gallery *lol*
You can have MY hubby for a while, he will make you coffee and cook for you, too (then I have a bit time for me *lol*)

kookycatdesigns
09-22-2012, 06:09 PM
Exciting, can't wait to see what you all come up with! :)

createdbyjill
09-22-2012, 08:11 PM
Not really started yet and Jill is screaming for the gallery *lol*
You can have MY hubby for a while, he will make you coffee and cook for you, too (then I have a bit time for me *lol*)

If you insist!

createdbyjill
09-22-2012, 08:11 PM
Just to clarify....we can use ANY Captain Kimo photo????

Lyndsfairne
09-22-2012, 08:47 PM
Good luck everyone! And congrats on making it to the final round! You will all do great, can't wait to see them!!!

mama4bears
09-22-2012, 09:30 PM
Congrats and good luck to you all! I can't wait to see the gallery fill up!

jenyurko
09-23-2012, 12:11 AM
yes! free reign! i love free reign! and the extra day to boot, thank you!

i have my photo and swatch all picked out:D now to get my doodle on. i can't wait to see what photo everyone uses... there are lots of fab ones to choose from!

jilbert
09-23-2012, 12:38 AM
girl, you are SUCH a nit picker ... LOL! ... probably why you made it to round 4 ... I can now sit back, drink my glass of wine and cheer everyone on!!! GOOD luck!!!

Just to clarify....we can use ANY Captain Kimo photo????

manu79
09-23-2012, 02:50 AM
Sketch pads??? Like for drawing??? But I don't know HOW to draw! :'( (other then a stick figure....with feet!...Maybe a little hair) Can I still play???

Awwww, don't cry, you'll do awesome without stick figures *rofl*

Ambowife Designs
09-23-2012, 03:54 AM

there's already a layout gallery for the NDC kits here
http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/gallery/g1427-next-designer-contest-3a-layouts.html

Toiny
09-23-2012, 05:03 AM
answer: Yes! Any Captain Kimo photo.

answer: gallery has been created: NDC Week 4 Entry (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/gallery/g1448-ndc-week-4-entry.html)

Personal moment, four years ago I was in your shoes. I thought I would keel over from stress, it was hard on me & my family. I completely & totally know what you are going through! I was really blessed with a fabulous husband who really supported me. Little did I know that six months later I'd wind up owning the site (it used to be Stone Accents Studio). Life is amazing and full of twists & turns.

Designer Contest 2008 (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=130)

manu79
09-23-2012, 07:24 AM
answer: Yes! Any Captain Kimo photo.

answer: gallery has been created: NDC Week 4 Entry (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/gallery/g1448-ndc-week-4-entry.html)

Personal moment, four years ago I was in your shoes. I thought I would keel over from stress, it was hard on me & my family. I completely & totally know what you are going through! I was really blessed with a fabulous husband who really supported me. Little did I know that six months later I'd wind up owning the site (it used to be Stone Accents Studio). Life is amazing and full of twists & turns.

Designer Contest 2008 (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=130)

When I click on that 2008 link it says I am not allowed to access it 8|
Well, I better go back to my kit anyway :))

createdbyjill
09-23-2012, 07:28 AM
When I click on that 2008 link it says I am not allowed to access it 8|
Well, I better go back to my kit anyway :))

Me too, me too! I want to see!!!

Susanne79
09-23-2012, 10:41 AM
Photo picked
Colors Picked
Theme picked

I just got home from my holiday, and is dead tired 8) But I hope I can get it to work for me tonight or tomorrow....now the most important parts have been picked

DanielleS83
09-23-2012, 11:57 AM
I even grabbed a photo! Okay while I won't be playing this round, I do have a photo..a title...and a sketch pad. New collection in the works - joy :)

Toiny
09-23-2012, 02:10 PM
Try this? I changed the settings a little: Next SAS-y Lady Contest (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=130)

jusmedigital
09-23-2012, 03:09 PM
Try this? I changed the settings a little: Next SAS-y Lady Contest (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=130)

nope, no permission still :(

jusmedigital
09-23-2012, 03:11 PM
oh that sad face looks so angry ... i'm not angry ;)

createdbyjill
09-23-2012, 03:32 PM
nope for me too

Linda Renee
09-23-2012, 07:43 PM
Toiney, I'd love to go back over that topic, dredge up some memories, remember some ladies I don't see around any more. I still wonder how I would have come out it it hadn't been for that hurricane. :'( Hope you can get it up soon.

Toiny
09-24-2012, 03:53 AM
Anyone around to test if I got it right?

Next SAS-y Lady Contest (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=130)

Gabri
09-24-2012, 05:06 AM
Yes - now i'ts fine! :((
Thank you so much!!!

Toiny
09-24-2012, 05:11 AM
Danke Gabri!

Jessicasma
09-24-2012, 05:40 AM
Working fine for me too!.. So nice to see all that went on back then Thank you

Susanne79
09-24-2012, 07:31 AM
Not a happy memory from my side....I really crumple my toes when I look back at my kits then :duh: :grrr: :o

Linda Renee
09-24-2012, 08:50 AM
Not a happy memory from my side....I really crumple my toes when I look back at my kits then :duh: :grrr: :o

He He He. I don't even have mine any more. I wouldn't even want to look at them. Ugh! Pixelitis and jaggie syndrome!

I had forgotten so many who were in the contest. Some I have worked with in other stores and some on CTMs, and some are no longer designing. I especially miss Mitsybelle.

One thing I am glad has changed. It's no longer a popularity contest. That part was really hard when you knew you were new and didn't have many people who would vote for you. The system is much more "fair and balanced" now.

createdbyjill
09-24-2012, 09:01 AM
I couldn't find a gallery....am I blind??? I want to see those kits!

Susanne79
09-24-2012, 09:36 AM
He He He. I don't even have mine any more. I wouldn't even want to look at them. Ugh! Pixelitis and jaggie syndrome!

I had forgotten so many who were in the contest. Some I have worked with in other stores and some on CTMs, and some are no longer designing. I especially miss Mitsybelle.

One thing I am glad has changed. It's no longer a popularity contest. That part was really hard when you knew you were new and didn't have many people who would vote for you. The system is much more "fair and balanced" now.

So true :love:

Toiny
09-24-2012, 12:36 PM
I cringe when I look at my work then. But I really loved that month, it was an amazing time. Tracy, Ambowife, is now one of my best friends, and I too miss Jeanette (Mistybelle).

manu79
09-24-2012, 01:39 PM
Really... who cared about quality years ago? *rofl* I remember CU resources were soooo expensive and when I look at the stuff I bought I would need to take more time to fix it than making my own. I still have my first kits, but deeeeep deeeeep on the ehd and yes, OUCH, better not look at them.:duh:

Susanne, I already expected to see an upload from you to the gallery? :)) ;)

createdbyjill
09-24-2012, 01:50 PM
Really... who cared about quality years ago? *rofl* I remember CU resources were soooo expensive and when I look at the stuff I bought I would need to take more time to fix it than making my own. I still have my first kits, but deeeeep deeeeep on the ehd and yes, OUCH, better not look at them.:duh:

Susanne, I already expected to see an upload from you to the gallery? :)) ;)

I hear ya! One day (or week) I'll need to go and toss out a bunch of stuff because it was really bad back then.....even now there are still CU designers that have co clue about QC and even tho I'd LOVE to have their stuff based on their previews, I KNOW their quality is horrible! So sad.

Ditto that Susanne.....you've been first every week....we're waiting! LOL {{{hugs}}}}

createdbyjill
09-24-2012, 01:51 PM
OOOOOOH.....*devili cap on* 3:)

Let's make Toiny crazy and wait until Thursday afternoon to upload out previews! shhhhhh....don't tell

*cracks self up*

Toiny
09-24-2012, 02:22 PM
Are you kidding me???? Im already going crazy!

jimmyrose
09-24-2012, 02:24 PM
I have had the best time here, but I must admit I really do miss Mistybelle too. She was one of my favorites. Now I only have about 25 or 26 favorites left. What's a girl to do?

createdbyjill
09-24-2012, 02:39 PM
Are you kidding me???? Im already going crazy!

ok....I actually LOL on that!! I'm still laughing! You are too funny!

Team effort here everyone....no previews til Thursday! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Susanne79
09-24-2012, 02:42 PM
Ditto that Susanne.....you've been first every week....we're waiting! LOL {{{hugs}}}}

Nooooo not every week, the first one I was only #2 to upload :DD 8D

But I guess I might just upload in a short while, after my little wining earlier I finally got everything to work for me....had a job interview and finished the kit 3:)

So should I upload now or hang on to it until tomorrow for a second look?

Susanne79
09-24-2012, 02:43 PM
Team effort here everyone....no previews til Thursday! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

OK Iīll wait until Thursday then ;)

createdbyjill
09-24-2012, 02:46 PM
OK Iīll wait until Thursday then ;)

Go team "Make Toiny Crazy"!!!

(congrats on the job interview AND finishing the kit!!)

Susanne79
09-24-2012, 02:50 PM

(congrats on the job interview AND finishing the kit!!)

Thanks, now I just hope I also GET the job :l :l

Susanne79
09-24-2012, 02:55 PM
[LIST]
- A link, in your description, to the photo in Captain Kimo's gallery (http://captainkimo.com/hdr-photography-gallery/) that inspired your kit

Toiny I canīt link to the photo, so what should I do?

manu79
09-24-2012, 03:56 PM

I'm in - tho' I even can't think about "finish" I have 10 papers and 25 elements now and still need to add this and that and ooooh, this one and I need a xyz elements and sjeesh, where on my ehd I saved that.... So I'll be busy till Thursday anyway =))

manu79
09-24-2012, 04:20 PM
Thanks, now I just hope I also GET the job :l :l

Fingers crossed for the job, dear! :)

createdbyjill
09-24-2012, 09:34 PM
I'm in - tho' I even can't think about "finish" I have 10 papers and 25 elements now and still need to add this and that and ooooh, this one and I need a xyz elements and sjeesh, where on my ehd I saved that.... So I'll be busy till Thursday anyway =))

I need to figure out a filing system too, Manu! I have one but I'm always searching for stuff! LOL

Fingers crossed for you Susanne! When will you hear?

Susanne79
09-25-2012, 01:18 AM
I have no clue, when I will hear something....She didnīt know how many she wanted to talk to, but I was the first one she called in....it could be this week or next month :/

Susanne79
09-25-2012, 01:20 AM
I need to figure out a filing system too, Manu! I have one but I'm always searching for stuff! LOL

I got this one in an other contest at some point if you can use it:

PATTERNED PAPERS
Stripes- Up & Down , Sideways, Dots, flowers, paisley, patterns, plaids, ginghams, Watercolors, Swirlies, Words, Grungy/Shabby, Crackled, Paint Splatters, Paint Strokes, text, definitions, letters, quilt, circles, stars, hearts, squares, checkered, diamonds, demin, shaped edges

SOLIDS: CLEAN, SHABBY/ GRUNGY
kraft, note papers, cardboard, bazzill-like cardstocks

Alphas, Numbers, Characters

(Gold, Silver, Copper, Brass, Rust, Pewter, Iron, Antiques) Metal Embellishments
Eyelets
Brads
Strung Brads
Loopy Brads
Staple
Photo Prongs
Paper Clips
Safety Pin
Stick Pins
Binder Clips
Snaps
Jump Rings
Photo Hangers
Prong Fastners
Spiral Clip
Thumbtacks
file fasteners
Washers
Bookplates
Hinges
Nuts
Gears
Rivets
Screws
Nails
Nailhaeds
Buttons
Button Strings
Button threads
Metal Tags
Paper Tags
Fabric tags
Jewelery Tags
Tag Strings, Tag Tie Ribbons
Clothing Tags/Tab
Files tabs
Tabs
pockets
Journal Pockets
patches
Journaling strips
Journal mat
journal accent
labels
Punch labels
flowers
Stitches Emebllishments
charms
charm ring ormetal chain links
fibers
ribbon slides/buckle
bows
ribbons (Sheer, Satin, Grosgrain, Velvet, Lace, Dots, Stripes, Patterned, Stitched)
ribbons halves
ribbon ties
Threaded Ribbons
Doilie
ric racs
twill
twine
trims
strings
wires
yarn
rope
Floss
Picks (Guitar Picks)
Bottlecaps
photo mats
photo corners
vellum
Index cards
file folders
postcards
stamps/brushes
stickers/clip art (brushes or doodles colored in)
Rub Ons
brush strokes /splatters
overlays
Inked Edges
frames
borders
word art
doodles embellishments
word embellishments
Magnet Words
postage stamp
Paper Tears
torn embellishments
Epoxyembellishments
chipboard embellishments
Gel/Plastic embellishments
Fabric embellishments
date items
film strips
Polaroids
Beads embellishments
glitter embellishments
jewels /gems/blings embellishments
Sequins embellishments
Fiber/Felt/Fuzzy embellishments
Chains
Bracelet
Necklace
Rings
Brooch
Vintage embellishments
Slides
Glass embellishments
Belts
Leather embellishments
Denim, Courdory embellishments
Zippers
Zipper Pulls
Zipperhead Tabs
Mesh
WaxSeal
Tickets embellishments
Envelopes
Cards
Library Pocket
Paintchips
Tapes
Barcode embellishments
Templates
Quickpages

Toiny
09-25-2012, 01:58 AM
Can you post the link here? And I'll add it for you?

Toiny I canīt link to the photo, so what should I do?

Susanne79
09-25-2012, 03:24 AM
No I canīt link at all. When I link I just get the main gallery and not the photo

createdbyjill
09-25-2012, 05:57 AM
Can you post the link here? And I'll add it for you?

Toiny...are there amy actual images of the kits from that contest?? Can't get into that gallery...would love to see what you all created "back then"

Susanne....thank you for the list! will decipher it for designer stash!

Toiny
09-25-2012, 06:11 AM
Okay, try this:

Hover over photo & get the name
Example, photo 2, almighty-bruce-splitting-the-sea
Right click "View Source"
While viewing the source code, hit ctrl + f
Type in almighty-bruce-splitting-the-sea
Hit enter
Then select entire URL for pic
example: http://captainkimo.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/almighty-bruce-splitting-the-sea.jpg
Sorry for the workaround! I didn't realize it would be difficult.

No I canīt link at all. When I link I just get the main gallery and not the photo

Susanne79
09-25-2012, 06:24 AM
Okay, try this:

Hover over photo & get the name
Example, photo 2, almighty-bruce-splitting-the-sea
Right click "View Source"
While viewing the source code, hit ctrl + f
Type in almighty-bruce-splitting-the-sea
Hit enter
Then select entire URL for pic
example: http://captainkimo.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/almighty-bruce-splitting-the-sea.jpg
Sorry for the workaround! I didn't realize it would be difficult.

OK, Iīll give it a try.....Thursday 0:)

Toiny
09-25-2012, 06:45 AM
Auuuuuuuuurgh! Thursday!

I'm gonna bribe y'all. First one up gets my vote.

OK, Iīll give it a try.....Thursday 0:)

NancyP
09-25-2012, 06:52 AM
I am so enjoying reading all of this!! You gals are a fantastic bunch!!! I have never seen such support for each other---it's awesome!!! Good luck to all of you!!

createdbyjill
09-25-2012, 07:06 AM
Auuuuuuuuurgh! Thursday!

We are bad aren't we? (ok...maybe it's just me)

Susanne79
09-25-2012, 08:40 AM
Auuuuuuuuurgh! Thursday!

Well I have to upload now, anyway I am getting a very busy week, so I want this done, so I can get my things sorted for my other design obligations

SORRY Jill!!!! :'( :'(

createdbyjill
09-25-2012, 09:12 AM
That's ok....Toiny will be happy!

Susanne79
09-25-2012, 09:19 AM
That's ok....Toiny will be happy!

LOL, yes most likely she will.....and I get her vote 0:) HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Minoush
09-25-2012, 09:25 AM
Can I borrow your husband?

he he, I am sorry, I would send him to you, but heīs so busy with me... - coffee, meal, foot massage, fresh air, clean home, ... 8D

Minoush
09-25-2012, 09:29 AM

Wow, thatīs interesting to read!
I am new to this shop and forum and donīt know the old storys.
After the contest I have to take time to take a closer look to this old contest. Great to see who participated.

Toiny
09-25-2012, 09:38 AM
Toiny is doing the happy dance!!! Thank you for making my day Susanne!!! :((

Well I have to upload now, anyway I am getting a very busy week, so I want this done, so I can get my things sorted for my other design obligations

SORRY Jill!!!! :'( :'(

Susanne79
09-25-2012, 09:41 AM
Toiny is doing the happy dance!!! Thank you for making my day Susanne!!! :((

LOL you are welcome, and thank you for your comment 8D :love:

Minoush
09-25-2012, 11:35 AM
I got this one in an other contest at some point if you can use it:

Thank you for the list, Susanne, such a list is really helpful.

Susanne79
09-25-2012, 11:45 AM
Thank you for the list, Susanne, such a list is really helpful.

Yep, it gives new idea, I have used it a lot. I am glad you can use it too

manu79
09-25-2012, 11:50 AM
Tztztz, didn't we have a DEAL?? *lol* Susanne, Susanne ;)
Your kit looks great :)

Susanne79
09-25-2012, 12:35 PM

I said I was sorry :'( :'(

I just noticed that I am the host of 2 challenges next month, where one requires a mini kit, I am just glad I am in training of making mini kits now 8D :DD

Well I canīt wait to see what the rest of you talented ladies are gonna be sharing with the rest of us :XX

createdbyjill
09-25-2012, 01:05 PM

LOL Manu! I have 1 more paper and about 10 more elements to do.....my eyes are crossing so have to go rest them....hoping to get mine up by tomorrow night....if not....THURSDAY morning! LOL

Course once it's done who can wait???

manu79
09-25-2012, 01:26 PM
Tja, you're right. *lol*

Ambowife Designs
09-26-2012, 01:39 AM
Wow Toiny do you really want them all knowing what we chatted about way back then!!! We were definitely drowning at the deep end of the pool that year. rofl.
Warning ladies - you may get lost in there and never find your way out again, we did a heck of a lot of chatting back in the 2008 contest LOL. Yes I was a contestant that year too, though I didn't get through, so was Tan aka Moon Designs and Monika Designs. Ahhh the memories, the stress, the sleepless nights....

manu79
09-26-2012, 03:36 AM
I said I was sorry :'( :'(

I just noticed that I am the host of 2 challenges next month, where one requires a mini kit, I am just glad I am in training of making mini kits now 8D :DD

Well I canīt wait to see what the rest of you talented ladies are gonna be sharing with the rest of us :XX

*lol* All fine, dear, no need to cry ;) I know how incredible busy times can be :)

Susanne79
09-26-2012, 03:56 AM
*lol* All fine, dear, no need to cry ;) I know how incredible busy times can be :)

Good to hear :love: Are you nearing the end? I canīt wait to see what the rest of you have chosen of photos and gotten out of those photos :XX

Now I just need to get my newsletter ready for Friday, clean the house, wash some cloths, hem a pair of DS pants, do the dishes....and so much else :duh:

Susanne79
09-26-2012, 08:02 AM
I am glad I uploaded. I just found out I have a parent meeting tonight and I got one more job interview today. I just had a call if I could be there in an hour...I said yes...so off I go :)

manu79
09-26-2012, 12:25 PM
@Susanne: Yes, there is a light at the end of the tunnel... I can see it. Could be - that if nothing unexpected happens, I will be done this evening and can upload tomorrow after work. If not done today, then in the early morning tomorrow. 8D
Good luck on the interview!

@Toiny - no matter what you try to pressure us - I won't upload before tomorrow, because I won't be done earlier *rofl*. Even if you tell people in the newsletter - YES, I read that *lol* :l

createdbyjill
09-26-2012, 02:04 PM
heheheheheheh...I saw that "There's one already" LOL

Go Toiny...go Toiny!

I think I have 1 more thing to do...then the fun of packaging, zipping and uploading! that seems to take the longest. AND to make sure the names in the credits list are capitalized!

Susanne79
09-26-2012, 02:46 PM
Good luck on the interview!

:XX 8D :DD I GOT THE JOB!!!! 8D:DD <3 Starting Monday, soooo happy right now

mama4bears
09-26-2012, 02:58 PM
Yea Susanne! Congrats!

Susanne79
09-26-2012, 03:01 PM
Yea Susanne! Congrats!

Thank you :DD

ktkadoo
09-26-2012, 03:07 PM
I was trying to follow your work around and I don't see anywhere to view source when I right click. The photo I chose is
Moon Rise Over Coral Cove Park at Night Under Stars (it's number 67)

ktkadoo
09-26-2012, 03:09 PM
I uploaded my photo and I will edit it when I figure out how to get the direct link to my inspiration photo.

manu79
09-26-2012, 03:41 PM
YES! Great, Susanne! Congrats! :)

manu79
09-26-2012, 03:43 PM
I uploaded my photo and I will edit it when I figure out how to get the direct link to my inspiration photo.

Try another way: right click on the photo and choose "show graphic" then you should get to the site where only this photo shows and you can copy the url

Susanne79
09-26-2012, 03:55 PM
YES! Great, Susanne! Congrats! :)

createdbyjill
09-26-2012, 05:30 PM

Congratulations!!!!!!

createdbyjill
09-26-2012, 05:32 PM
I was trying to follow your work around and I don't see anywhere to view source when I right click. The photo I chose is
Moon Rise Over Coral Cove Park at Night Under Stars (it's number 67)

I know I can't get any image info via Safari so I have to go through Firefox. If you do that....right click and click on View Image Info and a box comes up with the image url and I think the location (I always just use it for the image)

ktkadoo
09-26-2012, 05:56 PM
I was just playing around and did that same thing Jill. Thank you so much!!

manu79
09-26-2012, 06:14 PM
Done. Finally. It's 1:13 am now :O and I definately need my bed. Will upload tomorrow

jenyurko
09-26-2012, 08:31 PM
after fussing over the preview and title for the last 24 hours, mine is uploaded :D although I wasn't aware we were waiting til tomorrow to upload until now, LOL! sorry chica, hehe

@Susanne - congrats on the job!!

Susanne79
09-27-2012, 04:00 AM
after fussing over the preview and title for the last 24 hours, mine is uploaded :D although I wasn't aware we were waiting til tomorrow to upload until now, LOL! sorry chica, hehe

@Susanne - congrats on the job!!

Thanks Jen & Jill

createdbyjill
09-27-2012, 04:28 AM
Coffee is in hand! Finishing up kit and then the fun stuff!!! Woohooooo!

createdbyjill
09-27-2012, 04:31 AM
Non-contest related question *gasp...is there such a thing*

Does anyone else have a problem with "losing" their brushes and/styles when shutting down CS5? It's a random thing but when it happens I have to reset all the preferences and reload what I need! UGH! Could it be a bug in the Mac version??? Any ideas Mac users?

Janet-B
09-27-2012, 04:45 AM
Ok, it's Thursday here! Waiting, waiting, to see the rest of these marvelous kits!

createdbyjill
09-27-2012, 07:22 AM
Ok, it's Thursday here! Waiting, waiting, to see the rest of these marvelous kits!

Uploading files now!!! (takes FOREVER!!)

createdbyjill
09-27-2012, 08:57 AM
darn thing is still uploading!!! *sigh*

DanielleS83
09-27-2012, 10:45 AM
It happens to me all the time Jill. Drives me crazy, and not a MAC user. Have no idea how to fix it either.

createdbyjill
09-27-2012, 11:02 AM
I'm done! I'm done!! *happy dance happy dance*
http://i472.photobucket.com/albums/rr83/createdbyjill/Created%20by%20Jill%20Store/happydance.gif

manu79
09-27-2012, 11:26 AM
Not on Mac and no CS 5, just CS, but happens here every now and then, too.
Having dinner now and then upload my over 100 mb kit *lol*

createdbyjill
09-27-2012, 11:33 AM
Can't wait to see it Manu!!!

manu79
09-27-2012, 02:00 PM
YAY!!! Done. Uploaded and now....relax *lol*8D

createdbyjill
09-27-2012, 05:26 PM
YAY!!! Done. Uploaded and now....relax *lol*8D

RELAX???? Are you kidding me???? 8| LOL

I think it's cocktail time in our lounge!

Ambowife Designs
09-27-2012, 07:41 PM
Superb Kits in the gallery, I will be very busy downloading, unzipping and then deciding on which ones I vote for.
Best of Luck to all of you, though you all look like you really don't need the luck, they all look fantastic ;)

hugs
Tracy

Minoush
09-27-2012, 08:25 PM
Okay, itīs done. :((
Another sleepless night...

I just went to the gallery to take a look at your work and think all kits are beautiful and great to work with! Every kit has itīs individual style, thatīs great.

I am so happy I am not in the jury. I couldnīt do that :)

Minoush
09-27-2012, 08:29 PM

Oh itīs great! I am happy with you!!!
Congratulations!

Minoush
09-27-2012, 08:35 PM
Non-contest related question *gasp...is there such a thing*

Does anyone else have a problem with "losing" their brushes and/styles when shutting down CS5? It's a random thing but when it happens I have to reset all the preferences and reload what I need! UGH! Could it be a bug in the Mac version??? Any ideas Mac users?

YESSSSSS! I get the problem regulary. All personal settings vanish. 8| ...:(... :grrr:
I thought it is a problem with my own computer, but it seems it is a problem with Adobe... :confused:

Jessicasma
09-27-2012, 08:49 PM
I am Done! I am tired! good luck to all!

heidi
09-27-2012, 10:46 PM
I'm pretty sure I have all the kits from the 2008 contest, since I was already working here then. Maybe I should embarrass a few designers and owners by posting the previews to their old contest kits 3:)

What do you think? 0:)

Toiny
09-27-2012, 10:55 PM
Good job guys! You did. Sleep well.

It's officially closed.

Smooch!

Susanne79
09-28-2012, 04:23 AM
I'm pretty sure I have all the kits from the 2008 contest, since I was already working here then. Maybe I should embarrass a few designers and owners by posting the previews to their old contest kits 3:)

No please dont :o

createdbyjill
09-28-2012, 05:33 AM
No please dont :o

Aw Sus!!!! I wanna see! I promise I'll show you one of my first ones....it's just so embarrassing!

ktkadoo
09-28-2012, 05:49 AM
After seeing all the previews in the gallery (and I commented on all), I really love how each of these turned out. Good job!!

Minoush
09-28-2012, 07:54 AM

he he, yes, I would like to see them :((
The crazy thing is: If we make the kits,we are sure they are great. Only after a few times we look at them and ask "What did I do there....??" 8D

But I am sure, all of that kits are nice...

Susanne79
09-28-2012, 01:20 PM
Aw Sus!!!! I wanna see! I promise I'll show you one of my first ones....it's just so embarrassing!

Just click on my gallery and you will find them....but please donīt laugh to hard :o

Susanne79
09-28-2012, 01:21 PM
But I am sure, all of that kits are nice...

Nope, not all of them :duh:

manu79
09-28-2012, 03:08 PM
*roflmao* If anyone of us would pass a quality check with her first kits??

createdbyjill
09-28-2012, 03:35 PM
Not me!!!

Minoush
09-28-2012, 03:35 PM
*roflmao* If anyone of us would pass a quality check with her first kits??

No, I am sure I would not pass the quality check :rolleyes:

But a thing which is sad: There are designers which are designers for many years and make really great kits - but you may not take a look at the 100% zoom of their items. *cruel*
Thatīs a problem with some cu-stuff, too...

Susann, do you think of your "Lavender Fields"? Itīs so cute, I like it!

manu79
09-28-2012, 04:07 PM
No, I am sure I would not pass the quality check :rolleyes:

But a thing which is sad: There are designers which are designers for many years and make really great kits - but you may not take a look at the 100% zoom of their items. *cruel*
Thatīs a problem with some cu-stuff, too...

Susann, do you think of your "Lavender Fields"? Itīs so cute, I like it!

Me neither *lol*

Yes, that's it.