PDA

View Full Version : Thank you, Toiny

NancyP
12-15-2012, 09:53 AM
Toiny, I just want to say thank you for your beautiful words about the shooting that you put in the Newsletter.
I just need to share how shaken up and sick I am over this. This is where I grew up. This is an area I spent a lot of time. I was raised in Danbury, 12 miles away, but had many friends and spent time in beautiful Newtown. To have to sit and watch it and KNOW those areas being shown on the tv, to recognize every building is just too sureal.
Newtown is the perfect setting of the perfect New England town. There is a town square with the famous Newtown flag in the center and the village is built around the square. It is small, quiet and quaint.
Sadly, yesterday was my daughter's birthday. She was born at Danbury Hospital, the same hospital where two precious children died. I called her to wish her Happy Bithday and we both just sobbed.
Please, continue praying for those families who have lost their children and loved ones. The most horrific pain I can imagine is the loss of a child---and to have that loss happen because of a senseless act like this----there just arn't words. HUG your children today, and every day!!!!!

ADBDesign {anita_d}
12-15-2012, 11:32 AM
Nancy: I am so sorry to hear how close the tragedy is to you and your loved ones. It is heart wrenching for all of us and my prayers have been for all of those affected since I first heard the news. The pain is so great, the loss so horrific...it defies words. HUGS to all.

Toiny
12-16-2012, 04:58 AM
(((Nancy))) I can't imagine the pain in that community. My heart just hurts. My prayers are with everyone affected.

kabrak1207
12-16-2012, 05:27 AM
Nancy, it is so tragic when something like this happens and to be so close makes it even worse. Friday was a hard dayfor many. . .my granddaughter will be in kindergarten next year and her Mom is a school councelor. Everytime I hear of some tragic event in a school I think of her and hope and pray they have measures in place where she works. . . .

avalon4
12-16-2012, 04:27 PM
Such a senseless act - I can never ever wrap my head around these things and they're happening way too frequently. We must love our children unconditionally and show them every day and then they know they have a special place in this world. I'm so sorry to hear how closely connected you were Nancy, and as it breaks all of our hearts I'm sure it strikes an extra chord with you. Definitely all our thoughts and prayers are with everyone tragically involved in this senseless act.

MGDesigns
12-17-2012, 03:42 PM
Honestly I'm so overwhelmed by this I've had to not watch much news on it. So, so sad :(

Ambowife Designs
12-19-2012, 12:11 AM
I am just lost for words, My heart too aches for the loss of so many innocent little angels.
When I heard that several of the little girls were to have been the angels in the school's nativity play, my heart just broke with the knowledge that they really are the angels now. So sad and so senseless. ***

violethare
12-22-2012, 01:10 PM
It was glad to see it spoken about in the newsletter and sorry Nancy that this hit so close to home, it still is so hard to think about--was mentioned on the news this morning that the last of the memorial services were today. I am glad at least they were able to get these over before the holiday itself. Can not imagine how hard this season is for that whole community but it is good to see so many come together in support and to offer prayers and positive messages.