PDA

View Full Version : Recipe Card Challenge ~ May 2013

Maurine Stettler
05-06-2013, 09:12 PM
Dear friends: For the first time in over 3 years and with Toiny's permission, I need to take a break from this month's challenge. The truth is: I am so far behind in my real life after spending all my waking after-work hours helping my daughter with lots of renovation/remodeling of her new home, and we still have quite a bit to finish in the next few weeks. I've also got a lot going on with my full-time job, including being in travel status this week, and I just need a teeny-tiny breather.

Thanks so much for your understanding and support. Please enjoy this month off yourself and be ready to come back strong in June! : )

NOTE: If you participated in April, you will get all the cards (although I might be late sending them out), and you will receive a coupon code for the June's kit for free.

patchas
05-06-2013, 09:33 PM
No problem. We all need a break sometimes. Have fun and see you in June!

Robyn
05-06-2013, 10:24 PM
I hope that you have a lovely break Maurine. Enjoy!

-esha-
05-06-2013, 11:51 PM
You've certainly deserved a break. I think it must be very difficult to have a new theme and a new kit ready each month...
Take care!

kabrak1207
05-07-2013, 06:21 AM
Getting a house ready is no small task!!! Hope you have a super productive month with some time to relax and regroup thrown in for good measure!!! I for one certainly do appreciate you hosting this challenge :-) Take care and until next month. . .

PamR
05-07-2013, 07:00 AM
Enjoy your time off! Everyone needs a break every now and then.

Laser
05-07-2013, 07:03 AM
I really think that creating a kit and sending all the cards out must take up a huge amount of your time. Maybe it would be good to consider doing this challenge every other month instead of monthly :) I think 6 times a year would work out fine.

jimmyrose
05-07-2013, 08:24 AM
Glad to know you are ok. Hope all goes well. Enjoy your time. I was not sure I could do this one. My eye surgery is scheduled for Tue. the 14th. If all goes well, I will be there in June.

makeyesup
05-07-2013, 10:05 AM
Maurine,

If anyone deserves a break, it surely is you. Hope that you find time with all that you have to do, to find some time to pamper yourself. See you next month. And I agree with the one comment, every other month would be just fine. It would take some of the pressure off of you as this is a giant size extra job. Thanks for all you do.

Maureen

scrapPamela
05-07-2013, 11:35 AM
We all need a break now and then, enjoy yours. See you next month.

redplaid3
05-07-2013, 11:39 AM
I just took a vacation and it was great. We all need them. ENjoy yours.

Beladebz
05-07-2013, 12:35 PM
I look forward to a scrumptious kit, and new challenge each month, but everyone deserves a break! You have worked super hard to give us amazing kits, so I hope you enjoy your break (not sure if it qualifies as a vacation--still sounds like you are working hard!)
We will be ready in June! Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day, and get to spend some time relaxing this month.
Debi

altimasport
05-07-2013, 07:15 PM
I sure do hope you can get some rest!!!I can't wait to see what June holds for us:)I'll be ready:)

nancyanddarby
05-08-2013, 09:26 PM
WOW! You're on Overload~Be sure to add a few days at the end of all that work for "YOU"! I know your daughter's home will be Beautiful with you helping her as color and design are your Specialty. Best Wishes and I will keep you and your family in my prayers. God Bless~Blowing Hugs & Kisses Your Way.

rschwetz
05-09-2013, 10:34 PM
My goodness, Maurine, you have a very full plate! You definitely deserve and should take a break, so I'm glad to hear that you're doing that. Good luck with all your projects and your travel, too.

robinoes66
05-10-2013, 07:01 AM
Enjoy yourself!

JBsDesktop
05-10-2013, 11:53 AM
I'll be missing you, but I sure can understand needing a break! Enjoy it and the time spent with your daughter. Joy

angeldevildog
05-10-2013, 08:06 PM
I understand.

KathysScraps
05-11-2013, 05:47 PM
We all need a break once in awhile...sometimes even more!
Glad you are okay, had to check the forum because had not heard anything.
See you in June!

Amberpony
05-11-2013, 06:00 PM
Enjoy your break. May is a busy time with-out all your Family Stuff. Happy Mothers Day!

ShadowWings
05-13-2013, 05:24 AM
Maureen, you deserve this much needed break and hope you find the time with all you have going on for some relaxation! I will miss the challenge this month's challenge (keeps me motivated) but am looking forward to June! Hugs to you and enjoy your time during this hiatus.:DD

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y9/ShadowWings/Vicki%20Sigs/TakingaBreakSig.gif (http://s2.photobucket.com/user/ShadowWings/media/Vicki%20Sigs/TakingaBreakSig.gif.html)

MargaretC
05-14-2013, 01:49 PM
So glad you are taking this much needed break and hope you will truly be rested. Confession: I sort of breathed a sigh of relief when I saw this would not be happening this month! :)

Ginger's Scraps N Pixels
05-14-2013, 06:08 PM
Whew I thought I had missed it. Take a good break as I am snowed under too!!

jennyj
05-14-2013, 11:44 PM
I've been away from my computer for the last week plus a few....and was worried as I was deleting messages in email I might have deleted yours....GLAD you are taking a break. I need one too. THANKS for all you do for this fun challenge. I'm sending you a virtual casserole for one of those busy nights. <hugs>

Nandy
05-16-2013, 07:35 PM
Sounds like you may need a break after your break since you'll be working the entire time. No worries here, looks like you have a very loyal following. See you in June!!

kcarlsen
05-19-2013, 08:06 PM
Take a rest and enjoy the time with your daughter! See you in June!

dclazel
05-23-2013, 10:26 AM
I'm glad you took some time for yourself; you certainly deserve it, but I have to admit that I;m having just a teeny-tiny bit of Recipe Card Challenge withdrawal. I always enjoy seeing everybody's submissions. I'll be patient until June and hope you've gotten some catch-up time for relaxing too.

A happy and safe Memorial Day to all.