PDA

View Full Version : New Collection by The Urban Fairy!

DanielleS83
09-23-2013, 04:36 PM
This kit was created for more of a personal reason. My middle daughter, Serenity, was diagnosed with ADHD not to long ago and I have to be honest, it's been interesting. For a year or so she was showing signs and I simply didn't know what I was looking at. Life was getting harder with her, she was getting more and more frustrated and her school work was effected. However, half way through Kinder, we got a teacher that was amazing. Patient, kind, caring and better still, a veteran teacher.
Thanks to this wonderful woman, we found Serenity needed a little extra help that I simply couldn't provide. After trial and error { and TOTAL frustration } for a few months, we finally got settled into a way that we could all work with. A year later, Serenity is doing fantastic! We still have our ups and downs - but the changes have been heart warming. She now enjoys school and everything isn't a battle!
So with that in mind, and the thought of some other amazing children I know, I created this collection. It's full of colors that she loves and work well together. It's something that even she has enjoyed working with! I filled it up with 53 'kid approved' elements and 10 'loved' papers! This is hopefully a kit she and I { and you! } will go back to a million times!
With the bundle you also get the 4 Ribbon Stackers, 15 Chalk Labels, 30 Machine Labels, 8 word bits and 9 beautiful card stock! { Word bits are EXCLUSIVE to the bundle purchase only!!!! }
Please note, this is not just for kids with ADHD, it's so much more!

http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/store/images/Dani/YesImDifferent_bundle_tuf.jpg
You can find it here (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_398&products_id=23600)

sjc-winsford
09-23-2013, 05:33 PM
This is a beautiful kit thank you for doing something so wonderful, I can't wait to download this full kit and have a real good play :((:((:((

mootscrapper
09-23-2013, 06:18 PM
Beautiful kit Danni! And beautifully inspired too.

jilbert
09-23-2013, 08:55 PM
Don't know if they told you, but ADHD is often missed in girls. You are fortunate that you had the right people to help you make this diagnosis.

I, too, have ADHD and it wasn't officially diagnosed until my two daughters were diagnosed. We were all in the doctor's office going through some paperwork that we and others had filled out for testing the likelihood of ADHD. That's when she told me that they both had it and had probably inherited it from me ... and then pointed at my hands doing this nervous twitch thing I had always attributed to being an ex-smoker, then to my foot doing it's thing which it had done since I was a kid.

LOVE your kit and totally love your outlook. Serenity is lucky to have you for a mom. HUGS!!!

lebjs
09-24-2013, 06:23 AM
What a beautifully inspired kit. It looks wonderful :)

DSSDiane
09-24-2013, 09:29 AM
Gorgeous kit Danielle!

marlie
09-24-2013, 12:59 PM
Love it!! I have 2 friends with autistic children. But you'd never guess unless you knew them when they were younger. I'll be grabbing this one. :)

manu79
09-24-2013, 02:50 PM
Awesome kit, Dani!!

geswho40
09-28-2013, 07:59 AM
Fabulous, love all of the ellies. I agree, I think you are lucky that you found the teacher that could help you with your daughter, although it's so common now that you would think more teachers would be specially trained to teach at the childs level. Having a disability is especially hard going through the school years, and as an adult you learn more about yourself as you age, and try different things that work well. I was diagnosed with ADD about 15 years ago, and let me tell ya, I wish I would have known about this when I was going through school, because it was pure He** all of the way through junior high. No one knew about this when I was a kid, so I think I would be a different person today if I could have had the help I needed then. I'm glad you are getting along better now and I hope she continues on this path. Good luck! Love the kit!

Renee
09-28-2013, 10:30 AM
I understand what you are telling here, and I'm happy Serenity is doing so much better now!!
Love this kit!!