PDA

View Full Version : Printing scrap pages

aldercreek
02-08-2008, 03:06 PM
I need advice on printing my LOs. I've been printing them at home, but as my scrap skills get better, it's more obvious how lacking my printer is. And I'm tired of trimming all my pages. So I would like to find a place where I can get all my printing done (instead of having to upload to multiple sites) - good quality 8x8 pages, 4x6 prints, and the occasional hard-bound photobook. What sites to you SAS-y girls use? What type of paper is best? I've checked prices at ScrapbooksPlease.com and ScrapbookstoShare.com, and they have several paper options.

Kyda
02-08-2008, 03:56 PM
I've used scrapbookplease for all of my 12x12's..I didn't really test any other sites, but they're only like 1.99, so it was the best price I found. for 4x6's I mostly use CVS cuz it's right accross the street from me, but I've also used winkflash. honestly, I joined as many of those online sites as possible cuz you usually get at least 20 free prints when you join...

patchas
02-09-2008, 04:15 PM
I was printing all my LOs at home, and I was pleased with the quality, but was going thru ink like crazy! Now, I do all my LOs in 8x10 or 8x8 and get them printed at Sam's Club. They are just $1.46 for prints in less than an hour. If you have a bunch, you can upload them to the Sam's Club Photo Center (http://www.samsphotoclub.com/) and tell them where your closest Sam's Club is. The prints will be waiting for you when you get to the store. The quality is great and you can't beat the price.

As far as Photobooks, I have had one printed at Winkflash and was very pleased with it. I ordered another and it is on its way. The price is very reasonable. I have seen Shutterfly books and they are beautiful, but more expensive.

Lisa
02-09-2008, 06:14 PM
I don't know about individual 12x12 prints, but I've done my books at snapfish and they have turned out really good. All my pictures I've done at snapfish and they were having a sale for prints at 9 cents each. I have yet to find a place that beats them with both quality and price although I admit I've never tried Shutterfly.

aldercreek
02-16-2008, 09:55 PM
Well, I heard about a sale through Scrapbookpictures.com, and I checked them out. I ordered a sampling of my layouts on Tuesday, and they came today, and they are AMAZING. Nothing clipped of the edge (and I have a tendancy to scrap right to the edge) and the color is perfect. I'm hooked! And they print in a wide variety of sizes and offer unlimited free storage as long as you order at least once a year. Perfect!

Lori11941
02-16-2008, 10:45 PM
I have two printed Shutterfly books that I won free in their Father's Day sweepstakes (one using my email, and one using dh's). They're gorgeous, but the price is ridicious! In another forum, a member posted about www.viovio.com. Their prices are nearly half Shutterfly's, but she's used both and says the quality is just as good.

tripmom06
02-18-2008, 03:56 PM
Last year, I sent the same pic to a variety of printers from my local Walgreens, Snapfish, Shutterfly, Clark color and somewhere else I can't remember, Snapfish was the best with color and quality. Clark was horendous, the skintone was purple! So I bought a prepaid package of 240 prints at Snapfish and use then for all my 4x6 and 5x7. Plus, they were the best with cropping out very little.

For 12x12 and sqaure sizes, a friend of mine turned me on to Costco. 12x12 are $2.99 and 8x8 are 1.39. The quality is awesome in my opinion. Alot of times I will resize 4 12x12 down to 6x6 and get them all printed on the same page so it cuts the cost to .75 each. 12x18 prints are 2.99 so you can get the 12x12 and then 2 6x6 prints on the same sheet which is great for grandparent books etc.

I also just used Shutterfly for a hardbound book at Christmas and the qulaity was nice, just watch the cropping around the edges.

~Heather~
02-19-2008, 12:48 AM
I just placed an order with them, they have a sale on this month so I wanted to get mine done. Glad your came out so well!

Well, I heard about a sale through Scrapbookpictures.com, and I checked them out. I ordered a sampling of my layouts on Tuesday, and they came today, and they are AMAZING. Nothing clipped of the edge (and I have a tendancy to scrap right to the edge) and the color is perfect. I'm hooked! And they print in a wide variety of sizes and offer unlimited free storage as long as you order at least once a year. Perfect!

Lori11941
03-07-2008, 08:44 PM
I just got my Viovio book and I'm sold! The price was half that of Shutterfly, and I had some same LOs in both the Viovio and Shutterfly books, and there was less cropping in the Viovio and the quality seems just a tad better too, although it could be just because it's also bigger.