PDA

View Full Version : New at this

tiza126
02-24-2008, 08:53 PM
Hey everyone. My name's Theresa...I'm 24...and it's just me and my cat. :p I'm most definately a newbie to digiscrapbooking. :o I read about it in a magazine last month and thought I'd give it a try. I've been looking through your galleries for inspiration and ideas. Everyone here is so talented, I feel intimidated!! I entered my first couple challenges this month, which were the first layouts I've ever done digitally. I have tonsssss of ideas running through my head, so I look forward to creating many more LOs and sharing them all with you!

janalyn
02-24-2008, 09:34 PM
A very SAS-y welcome to you Theresa!!! I am so happy that you found us here! Be sure to check out the Learning Center for tutorials and tips. It is great that you jumped right in and did challenges right away! There is no better way to learn than to get involved! ;)

landorasue
02-24-2008, 10:49 PM
My name is Lana. I joined SAS a couple weeks ago. I've been digital scrapping about six months. I took a Photoshop class about a year ago at our local community college. But learning digital scrapbooking has made Photoshop come alive for me. I'm finally starting to understand what all those "tools" do! I'm so excited learning new techniques. I look forward to understanding how to use your website, reading your newsletter, getting to know all of you, and taking part in your challenges.

nighty
02-24-2008, 11:26 PM
welcome here Theresa and Lana
so happy you found us
take a look around and you will find a lot of hepful hints,
and don't hesitate to ask questions if there is something you'd like to know,
you'll see it's a very friendly community

Lori11941
02-25-2008, 12:21 AM
Welcome both of you. Jan's right, challenges are a great way to dive right in and get started. Template and sketch challenges, and scraplift challenges, like the Member Spotlight Challenge, are great for helping you get started.

We DO have a lot of talented members here at SAS, but you'd be surprised at how many haven't been doing this that long. We recently had a post were members showed their first layouts and their current favorite, and even though they, personally, found flaws in their earlier work, no one else could find anything to fault in it. The lesson there is we are our own worst critics.

Dive in, have fun, and don't be afraid to ask for some help or a critique of your work. I've learned so many incredible things from the digi-scrapping community that have helped me grown in the mere 9 months I've been doing this.

landorasue
02-25-2008, 08:47 AM
Thanks for the welcome & the tips. Looking forward to participating.

~Heather~
02-25-2008, 01:32 PM
Welcome to SAS!:)

CanDesigns
02-26-2008, 10:11 PM
Hiya Tiza!!! :)

Right here in SAS you can find our Learning Center (http://www.stoneaccentsstudio.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=67), which gives loads of tips for new and experience scrappers alike. It's certainly worth a peek.

Have fun with the gang here, it's an AWESOME forum!!

DarleneH
02-27-2008, 11:25 AM
Welcome, Theresa and Lana - glad you found us! Don't be intimidated... everyone here is super nice and more than willing to help. If you have any questions, just post them in the fourm and one of our members will certainly be able to give you some insight. Enjoy the learning process and have fun will it. It's all about the journey. :)

sharpli
02-27-2008, 04:49 PM
Welcome to a fun site, ladies. Jump right in and have some fun with the challenges.

JenLin
02-27-2008, 07:57 PM
Welcome to SAS Theresa & Lana! So glad that you found us and that you've jumped right in! :) I look forward to your layouts and seeing you around the forums!

JCSimon
02-27-2008, 10:23 PM
Welcome, Theresa and Lana! Don't be intimidated. You should see my first LO's!! They were BAAAADDD. But you learn it by doing it...just play with your program, check out some of the great tutorials here and jump right in.

ToyBoxDesigns
02-27-2008, 10:53 PM
Welcome to SAS! We are so glad to have you all here. Please join in the challenges and have fun. Oh and you should see some of my first layouts. Well, we just won't talk about that, now. LOL

tripmom06
02-28-2008, 12:11 AM
Welcome Theresa and Lana!