PDA

View Full Version : Cataloging Software: Help Needed

landorasue
03-28-2008, 08:51 PM
I'm considering purchasing another cataloging software program. I use PS CS2with Windows XP. I also have PSE 5.0 on my computer so I can use its cataloging software. But I think I would like to have something more powerful for cataloging.

What do you all use? What about ACDSee or iView? I want something that interfaces well with PS CS2; allows me to drag photos & scrapping supplies onto my PS workspace layouts.

Also, I'm hoping the new software will read & convert my current PSE 5.0 catalogs into the new software so I don't have to redo all my hard work.

What advice can you give me?

~Heather~
03-28-2008, 09:09 PM
ACDSee is the best. I love it. Takes a bit of work to get it all going but once it is done, makes scrapping so much easier.

landorasue
04-03-2008, 09:38 PM
ACDSee is the best. I love it. Takes a bit of work to get it all going but once it is done, makes scrapping so much easier.

Heather, will ACDSee recognize PSE 5.0 catalogs and convert them to ACDSee catalogs?

~Heather~
04-08-2008, 10:05 AM
You mean something already catalogued? That I do not know! You can catalog the PNG file, the jpg file etc.

landorasue
04-09-2008, 07:55 AM
You mean something already catalogued? That I do not know! You can catalog the PNG file, the jpg file etc.

Yes, I was wondering if you already have catalogs created with PSE5, will ACDSee import those catalogs so you don't have to redo all your work. I called ACDSee. The man I talked with did not think it would.

~Heather~
04-10-2008, 12:15 AM
Ya I think you would have to start again with the tags! Too bad I know it's a lot of work! Was just working on mine! Takes awhile, but worth it in the end!

landorasue
04-15-2008, 07:54 AM
I bought ACDSee! I'm real excited about using it. Please share some cool things you do with ACDSee. I've heard that it's possible to view brushes & fonts in ACDSee, then drag them to the Photoshop workspace to use them. Do you do this? If so, how?

Also, I cannot see my PSD files in ACDSee. Did you have a problem with this? What do I do so I can view them?

I did have to download "ghost" in order to view & read all the pages for PDF files. Now that works great!