PDA

View Full Version : Suggested Newsletter Change

cla
04-20-2008, 08:50 PM
I just wanted to say thank you for the newsletter that is sent out once a week. I know much time and effort must go into it.
I have a suggestion that I think may make it easier to read as well as more pleasing to the eye. The current background is much too busy and competes with the wonderful kits and layouts displayed. I find it very distracting.
This is of course my opinion but maybe others feel the same way.
Thank you again for all the hard work you put in to provide the weekly updates.

Chris

Lori11941
04-21-2008, 08:52 AM
Chris thanks for the compliment and for taking the time to give me your opinion. It's too late to make any changes for this week's newletter, since it's already 80% complete, but maybe I can tweak things for the one after that. I'll play around with it and see if I can improve the look and readability.

~Heather~
04-29-2008, 09:59 PM
I personally never found the background distracting, but whatever you changes you make I am sure will be great!!

Lynncal
05-01-2008, 10:15 AM
I don't find it distracting either, but to each his own. I think you really have a fantastic newsletter, and really enjoy it every month! I'm not just saying that either, yours is one of the few I really read!

Lori11941
05-01-2008, 07:07 PM
I don't find it distracting either, but to each his own. I think you really have a fantastic newsletter, and really enjoy it every month! I'm not just saying that either, yours is one of the few I really read!

Aww, thanks. :o It's good to know people actually read it since I put so much of my heart and soul into it each week.

kjg1130
05-02-2008, 07:26 AM
I read it and think it is wonderful. I am new and enjoy all the inspiration.

~Heather~
05-06-2008, 09:40 AM
I always read it. :p

Aww, thanks. :o It's good to know people actually read it since I put so much of my heart and soul into it each week.

Joba2
05-06-2008, 11:07 AM
I look forward to the newsletter & take JulieO's suggestion & get a cup of coffee to enjoy while reading the newsletter. It is a great way to keep up with the new kits available & I love seeing the layouts made for inspiration. I really like the spotlight articiles.Great to get to know the designers & members. I like the updates on the challenges too. And of course no matter how careful I am on the first read I never find all the freebies & have to go over it again to find them all. I have not found the background distracting.Rather I find it quite a StoneAccentsStudio design & unique to our site..It matches the web forums & gallery look. I'd know it was a SAS newsletter even if it wasn't labeled.

patchas
05-06-2008, 12:01 PM
I always read it too -- as soon as it comes in if I am sitting at the computer, or as soon as I get it, if it comes in while I am gone. You do a great job Lori!! I did various newsletters for years and still do one for our neighborhood association, and it is not as easy as people think! GREAT JOB!

darlingina
05-08-2008, 06:00 PM
I love reading the newsletter as well and appreciate creativity, hard work and dedication put into each one. Now I just wish that I could find more time in my day to actually sit down, visit here more often and get back to some serious scrapping that continues to call my name. This Forum really does ROCK! :p

Beckie Wallace Designs
05-09-2008, 06:52 AM
My 2 cents :)

I think the newsletter looks great as is - it matches the site, and is different than any other scrap site out there. The design kind of defines the site, in my opinion. There it is, my 2 cents :)

Lori11941
05-09-2008, 09:24 AM
Thanks everyone. I've tried playing with some other designs to try to make the background under the text solid, and I have to admit, I can't find a look I like. The background is very desaturated, to make it easy to read the text on, and the text is set at size 14 (an early recommendation from Candee to make it easier for "older" eyes to read). I wonder if it's a monitor setting that's making it harder for Chris to read it?