PDA

View Full Version : Hello from a German in Belgium!

nachtstern
04-23-2008, 09:51 AM
Hello everyone!

I am a newbie at digital scrapbooking and scrapbooking in general. I started out about 1 1/2 weeks ago ;)
But I love shiny ( in the "oh shiny!" and get distracted for hours way) and I used to make Icons for my Livejournal (look me up under nordlich if you are on tehre too), so I had a headstart with Photoshop.

I am still joining forums and introducing myself, getting the feel of the communities, and if you frequent the same places, you will probably have seen my introduction already ;)

Else, I scrap 8.5x11, because I like the feel of it being a book page.
I am using Adobe Photoshop CS 3 and really love it.
For organizing I am using the free Picasa software by Google, which was the best thing that people could have recommended.
I love being able to scroll through all my kits and pictures, stopping at the ones that will fit my LO.
Big recommendation to other newbies: Get Picasa for free!

Also, being told to organize my scrapping files by what they are (kits, elements, paper)and by webpage, andsave all zip files in a seperate folder for easier backups was advice that was worht its weight in gold.

However, enough blah blah.

Helllo again :p

Lori11941
04-23-2008, 12:39 PM
Hello and welcome to SAS. Jump right in and make yourself comfortable. Since you're new to digi-scrapping, be sure to check out our challenge section. Not only can you earn a great mega-kit for free, it can help inspire you on your digi-scrapping journey.

SkrapperDigitals
04-23-2008, 04:35 PM
I totally agree about Picasa! I love it too! Welcome to SAS!! Glad to have you here!

nighty
04-24-2008, 12:22 AM
Hallo nachtstern

willkommen bei SAS. Schön, dass Du uns gefunden hast.
Schau Dich in Ruhe um, wir haben hier schon ganz viele links gesammelt
zu guten Tutorials und Seiten für brushes und was man vielleicht sonst noch brauchen kann.
Hier sind alle sehr nett und falls Du bei irgendetwas Hilfe brauchst dann frag einfach,
meist bekommst Du ganz schnell Hilfe.
Viel Spass bei uns
Nighty

Beckie Wallace Designs
04-24-2008, 06:19 AM
Hi there and welcome! I am a huge Picasa fan as well, and love CS3! I'm sure you'll love it here at SAS :)

AneczkaW
04-24-2008, 09:27 AM
Welcome at SAS !

DarleneH
04-24-2008, 10:08 AM
So glad you found us! You're very smart to keep everything orgainzed right off the bat, because it can become overwhelming. I can't wait to see some of your layouts.

KajunKJ
04-24-2008, 11:26 AM
Welcome to a fun place!

nachtstern
04-24-2008, 12:13 PM
Thanks everyone for the welcome!
I am easily overwhelmed with all the different challenges all over the place and I am an epic fail at keeping track of everything I want to do, but I'll be snooping around ;)

Do we have a single thread where everyone is showing off new layouts and asking for comments?
I love to snoop through them and leave comments while getting to know people and being inspired :p

nighty
04-24-2008, 12:17 PM
Einzelne Threads werden nicht eröffnet für layouts
Wir posten unsere layouts alle in die Galerie
und freuen uns alle über nette Kommentare

nachtstern
04-24-2008, 12:20 PM
Einzelne Threads werden nicht eröffnet für layouts
Wir posten unsere layouts alle in die Galerie
und freuen uns alle über nette Kommentare

thanks! then I'll go snoop there ;)

Jiskefet
04-25-2008, 02:45 PM
Hello Nachtstern,
Welcome to SAS. I am a new member, myself, though I am not as new to scrapping as you are, I have been doing little schrap layouts for well over a year, but a few months ago, when we decided to make a scrapbook for our friend's wedding, I started scrapping in earnest. Needless to say I am now an addict ;)
Hope to see some of your work in the gallery.
By the way, I love your nickname.

Greetzzz,

Jiskefet (aka Anja from the Netherlands)

janalyn
04-26-2008, 07:00 PM
Hi!

Welcome to SAS! I just browsed through your gallery and it does not look at all like a newbie gallery!! I look forward to seeing many more of your creative LO's and hope you love it here at SAS!! ;)