PDA

View Full Version : I just have to ask

~Heather~
05-22-2008, 08:51 PM
what exactly is Cracker Barrel?:confused:

Is it like Walmart? Never heard of it. I think here in Canada we have a cheese named cracker barrel though!:o

SkrapperDigitals
05-22-2008, 11:20 PM
Cracker Barrel is a restaurant that serves really good country 'home cooking' :-)
and they also have a Country Store attached to the restaurant so while you are waiting to be served customers generally walk around the store and look at their stuff. We have one in my area and I really enjoy the 'country' rustic stuff they have there.. here is a link to their website (http://www.crackerbarrel.com/),.. it has a link to their online store and a little of their menu too :-) If you ever get the chance to eat at one, you should! :-)

Lori11941
05-23-2008, 12:22 AM
Oh my gosh, it didn't even occur to me that not everyone would know what Cracker Barrel is, rofl. I LOVE the country store and usually hit it a few days after a holiday to get the seasonal merchandise on clearance. One time I hit a 75% off all Halloween merchandise sale and, for only $25, came out with bags and bags (and a galvanized tin bobbing for apples tub, lol) of stuff. I put it away until the next Halloween and it was so much fun rediscovering all my goodies.

digimomdesigns
05-23-2008, 12:30 PM
So funny!!!! I'm with you Heather, I'd never heard of it till I moved down here from (Montreal) Canada, I still have never been to one, but it's very popular, but I am a city girl at heart ;)

nighty
05-23-2008, 05:43 PM
Never heard of it :D but that doesn't surprise me :D:D

(and a galvanized tin bobbing for apples tub, lol)

i couldn't find out what this means

Lori11941
05-23-2008, 11:03 PM
It's an old fashioned tin type washtub with pictures of apples on it, that says "Bobbing for apples". Bobbing for apples was an old game where apples would be placed in a tub of water and people (usually children) would try to catch them with their teeth. Now it's considered unsanitary so no one actually bobs for apples.

~Heather~
05-24-2008, 02:29 PM
Ahh ok. Sounds kind of interesting. Well you know learn something new everyday! I did however know what bobbing for apples is.:p Used to do it when I was younger...fun times. Unsanitary indeed...we take the fun out of everything these days!:rolleyes:

nighty
05-24-2008, 10:54 PM
Thank you lori for explaining,
bobbing for apples sounds like a lot of fun