PDA

View Full Version : 4 Shared ?

Amberpony
06-20-2008, 06:31 PM
Thanks For The Help

Is it really worth it to pay for a 4 shared account?
I am having a hard time downloading my PB's. I keep Timing Out. :eek:
I have noticed if I stay up to the middle of the night to download, they download fast. But really I need to go to bed so I can get up early.

If I should get an account, which account should I get. :confused:

sharpli
06-21-2008, 12:33 PM
A while ago I signed up for their least expensive account - seems to me it was $15, but I'm not sure. At any rate, there's a limit on downloads - maybe 10-20 GB and then you can't download at all. Not worth the $$ for me.

Amberpony
06-21-2008, 11:51 PM
I was affraid of that. :(
Was it any faster when you had the account?
Isn't there a more expensive account?

MemoryKeeper
06-23-2008, 04:32 PM
Are you on DSL or dial up? I never have any problems, and I DL up to 10 files (only 2 per member account) at a time. I have DSL. Maybe that's it. Or maybe you have a firewall that keeps catching your 4 shared.

ladyofthethorns
06-23-2008, 05:14 PM
I don't think having a 4-shared account will speed things up for you. I think it's as Memorykeeper says, related to your Internet connection and all the possible things in between. There are really lots of reasons you can have a slow time or problems downloading. For instance, your cache might be full or your hard-drive could be in need of defragmenting... lots of reasons. - Sorry that there's not magic answer for you.

Amberpony
06-24-2008, 01:49 AM
I keep my computer clean. Plus the issues happen certain times of the day. I can be on a wireless network in a hotel or at home on my verizon wireless hook up. The one thin in common is weekends are impossible, afternoons are just as bad. Morning & late night seem to be my best bet.

So ladyofthethorns do you have an account at 4 shared or do you do it freebie?

This morning I caught up on all my SAS PBs for June in record time.