PDA

View Full Version : Representing Eastern KY!

vldecker
07-02-2008, 05:52 PM
Hello All,

Just a quick note to introduce myself, as I signed up last month, but have yet to post.

My name is Valarie, I'm a 23 year old, stay-at-home-mom to my 7 month old boy Austin. I live in Ashland, KY, where I volunteer with a high school marching band. I've been married almost 4 years to the most wonderful man, Ashley. I graduated college last May (at the end of my morning sickness, yay!) and my major introduced me to some new crafts (woodworking, metal working, corn husk dolls, soap, candles, basket weaving). Only things that would be part of college classes in Kentucky. I really do lots of things though, beading, cross-stitch, knitting, crocheting, and other random things. I'm pretty much willing to try anything.

When it comes to digiscraping, I am brand new. I started looking around last month and I'm a freebieaholic, as my digiscraping folder is already pushing 9gb. I really love photography and started looking into the scraping when doing photography of my son. I use PS and Illustrator CS3 for all of my work. I had a couple classes in PS while I was in college and I've been addicted since. Hopefully, I'll be able to contribute as much as I have already gained from the digiscrapping community.

Lori11941
07-02-2008, 06:45 PM
Hi Valarie, welcome to SAS. I think we all start out as freebieaholics, lol. A great way to collect an incredible free mega kit is to participate in our challenges. The kits coordinate each month, so the more challenges you complete, the more you can collect. This month's theme is Sunset at Sea. Only about half the challenges are up so far (sssh, don't tell Candee that mine is one of the ones that hasn't been posted.. she'll come after me, lol), so keep an eye on the challenge forum for even more opportunities to earn pieces of the kit.

ladyofthethorns
07-02-2008, 06:50 PM
Welcome to SAS Valarie! You've come to the right place! As Lori mentioned, the challenges here are great for getting inspiration as is the gallery. And everyone is so friendly and helpful here.

I'll look forward to seeing your future LOs in the galleries. :)

DarleneH
07-02-2008, 07:14 PM
Welcome, Valerie - and good for you for being a stay-at-home mom... THE most important job in the world. Looking forward to getting to know you.