PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Chicago :)

Mystii
07-03-2008, 12:53 AM
Greetings everyone! Let me admit right off the bat, that I feel like I'm swimming LOL. I'm a tagger and I've been designing tags since 2002 and writing tutorials shortly after that. It's only been the past few months that I heard about scrap kits and wow, what a wealth of kits there are!

Boo kind of blew me out of the water with some of her kits and she's the reason I find myself here!

I looked at some of the challenges but I really don't know what you all expect as far as layouts. Are these pages that will be printed? Or digital layouts sized for computer viewing? Like I said, I feel like I'm swimming LOL!

I used to design many of the elements I work with (and still do) but wow... some of the kits I'm finding are just blowing me away. What a wealth of talent here.

Anyway, I'm in Chicago, a housewife with an energetic small lab that keeps me company during the day. While I'm at the computer, she's usually under my desk by my feet (now if I could just talk her into being there in the winter time when I need her warm little body as a foot warmer LOL). I love graphics, I am a copyright compliant tagger and I'm in the midst of completely redesigning my web site. I have a blog too but there's not much on it (yet). I look forward to getting to know you all and understand more of what digital scrapping encompasses!

- Mystii

CanDesigns
07-07-2008, 07:13 PM
Well hi there Mystii!!! My name is Candee and before I discovered scrapping I too was into tagging (had my own group for 7 years) and writing my own tuts. It's really funny that soooo many taggers find their way to the scrap community, and I think it's a natural progression.

What do we expect from here??? Ummmm....HAVE FUN!!! Scrapping is much like tagging only you insert your photos rather than an artist's tube as the focal point. If you take a look thru our layout gallery, you can see how our members do it. But I'm warning you, it's MORE addictive than tagging lol. I even incorporate some of my artists tubes into a few layouts here and there - so combining the two pastimes is totally possible.

Either way, I hope you'll stick around and give digi scrapping a go. :D

CanDesigns
07-07-2008, 07:20 PM
Well hi there Mystii!!! My name is Candee and before I discovered scrapping I too was into tagging (had my own group for 7 years) and writing my own tuts. It's really funny that soooo many taggers find their way to the scrap community, and I think it's a natural progression.

What do we expect from here??? Ummmm....HAVE FUN!!! Scrapping is much like tagging only you insert your photos rather than an artist's tube as the focal point. If you take a look thru our layout gallery, you can see how our members do it. But I'm warning you, it's MORE addictive than tagging lol. I even incorporate some of my artists tubes into a few layouts here and there - so combining the two pastimes is totally possible.

Either way, I hope you'll stick around and give digi scrapping a go.

CanDesigns
07-07-2008, 07:21 PM
Huh....I think my computer must have burped.

Lori11941
07-07-2008, 10:14 PM
Hi Mystii, welcome to SAS. For posting your layouts to the forum, we ask that they be resized to about 600x600 pixels. There's a great FREE product called PixResizer that will do that for you without any loss in quality in the image. It's really incredible.

As for what size you scrap in, it's entirely up to you. Some members like to scrap square layouts, others rectangular. I used to scrap at 6" x 6" at 300 pixels per inch, because my computer couldn't handle larger files. This printed a nice quality layout at 8.5" x 8.5" (the smallest size offered in photo books from Viovio). Now that I'm using a better computer, I'm thinking of scrapping in 12x12 so I can print the 12x12 books. Of course they keep me too busy here to actually scrap. rofl.

DarleneH
08-08-2008, 10:16 AM
Hi Mystii! Welcome to the SAS group. I have a lab, too - but he's a big boy (110 pounds). He's supposed to be on a diet, but we won't talk about that... :)

ladyofthethorns
08-08-2008, 10:46 PM
Welcome to SAS Mystii! I see you've received some answers to your questions... and, isn't it funny?... I don't know what a tagger is.

Hope you have fun here.

Mamrotka
08-12-2008, 05:35 AM
HI!
I'm glad to see you!
WELCOME!

darlingina
08-14-2008, 11:14 AM
This tagger/scrapper welcomes you to SAS! :p
http://www.cilmsnagsandtags.com/tags/3813.jpeg (http://www.cilmsnagsandtags.com)