PDA

View Full Version : Please Pray

Amberpony
07-24-2008, 02:56 PM
The vet believes my service dog was poisoned. :mad:
Please Pray for him. His liver is failing and his is on an IV & has to spend the night at the Vets Office. :( Benny has never been away from his family over night. The blood tests & x-ray results will be back tomarrow. Benny has been without his daily pain medication for several days now.
Here is the last Page I did of him on his birthday

http://www.stoneaccentsstudio.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=18043&ppuser=2795

Lori11941
07-24-2008, 06:51 PM
Oh no! I hope Benny is able to pull through and get over this. Does the vet have any idea how it might have happened?

~Heather~
07-24-2008, 10:58 PM
That's awful! I hope he gets much better! Hugs to you!

Forgive me for my ignorance but what exactly is a service dog? I have never heard of that!

SkrapperDigitals
07-24-2008, 11:18 PM
How horrible! for you AND benny!
My thoughts and prayers are with you!

ladyofthethorns
07-25-2008, 12:51 PM
Forgive me for my ignorance but what exactly is a service dog? I have never heard of that!

A service dog is one that is trained to help those that can't do everything for themselves. They help those that are blind and those that may be wheelchair bound with things like fetching and crossing the street, etc.

ladyofthethorns
07-25-2008, 12:53 PM
I'm sending positive thoughts your way Amberpony! Your Benny is like a member of the family, I'm sure, so I can imagine the emotional stress of all this for you. I hope all goes well.

CanDesigns
07-25-2008, 02:11 PM
Amber, being a fellow animal lover all my prayers will go to your Benny today. Please keep us up to date on his progress. :(

Amberpony
07-25-2008, 08:26 PM
Thanks for all your Thought & Prayers

For those of you wondering what Benny Does for me.
Benny is my Seizure Assistance Service Dog. He has been training a replacement. That would be Curly (Teddy Bear is a helper too) you see in my Gallery.

Benny takes away my anxiety
Benny can stop my Seizures most of the time
Benny makes sure I don't eat tings that cause me Great Harm.
Benny tells me wish meds to take when I am having problems. This is a hard thing to teach the new dogs but they are learning.
Benny tells me when it is safe to go outside alone.
Without Benny (now Curly) I would have to stay in the house all the time unless there is someone to go with me.
Benny does way more than I could list here. As His Vet & my previous trainer have said many times "Benny is Irreplaceable!"
Because Benny is a Service Dog has never spend the night away from his family. So leaving him at the Vets overnight is not an option.

So I drove 500 miles last night to where he has been hanging out with my son etc. I arrived at 6:30am & Benny was all alone & very happy to see me. The Blood work came back today and he has developed Pancreatitis. I took him to the vet today ( 1 hours mountain drive) for his IV & he will go back tomorrow. Then my son will give him one Sunday. Benny looks much better tonight. We are Hopeful

Amberpony
07-27-2008, 04:21 AM
Benny is do much Better
The Vet says he can drink a little water now
He is even Hanging out side with us
Monday we get more Blood Tests back to see if he is Better For Real

ladyofthethorns
07-27-2008, 08:18 PM
Benny is do much Better
The Vet says he can drink a little water now
He is even Hanging out side with us
Monday we get more Blood Tests back to see if he is Better For Real

That's good news! So happy for you and for Benny.

ScrapsOfOurLife
07-27-2008, 09:17 PM
Oh my! I can imagine the fears you've been facing these past few days. My prayers and thoughts are with you and Benny.

Lori11941
07-28-2008, 12:33 AM
I'm glad to hear Benny is improving. Are there any further updates? He sounds like wonderful, and vital, dog. I'm still praying for him.

Amberpony
07-29-2008, 05:31 PM
Benny is up and getting around more & more. :)
His last blood work was not real great.
Bennys eyes are bright and he is getting bossy again. lol
I get to work on him drinking mor water the next to days.
Thursday he has more blood work to see if he is Really Better.
So I will update after the blood tests results on Friday.

I think a will make another Page of Benny to stay positive.
Thanks For the Thoughts & Prayers. :D
The long days & nights are really catching up with me though. How many trips outside to go potty can one dog do in a day. :rolleyes: I lost count lol ;)

darlingina
07-29-2008, 06:05 PM
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d103/SecretSantahohoho/Tag%20Extras/ThtsnprayersDMyrickbydg.jpg

DarleneH
07-30-2008, 10:23 AM
I'm just now reading this - glad to hear Benny is feeling better and I'll say a prayer for him (and you), too!

Hugs!

Amberpony
07-31-2008, 07:06 PM
Yep you read the titile right
Benny ate some sweetened Rice today and he had no problems! He gets to have Rice & Cottage Cheese for dinner :) Tomarrow Benny goes for that all telling Blood Test.
Right Now it looks like the Doggy that would make it through the night a week ago is going to make it :D

Benny is still on Fluid & Antibiotics but he looks like Benny again.
Oh how hard it is to tell a Border Collie he can't Play Ball, Work The Livestock or Take care of Mom. But the Lord made my Will Stronger then This Border Collie! He he he. Ooops now you all know how stubborn I am. :p

Amberpony
08-01-2008, 12:01 AM
I made this page for the inspiration Challange because the song was about Miracles and I think Benny making it this far and looking so Good Today is a Miracle

http://www.stoneaccentsstudio.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=19232

CanDesigns
08-01-2008, 01:34 PM
This is SUCH good news!!!! :D :D :D

Scrapgarden
08-01-2008, 07:40 PM
So glad to hear Benny is doing better. Will add you to my good thoughts and wishes.

Lynncal
08-01-2008, 08:13 PM
Glad he is improving, sending thoughts and prayers you way

Amberpony
08-02-2008, 05:39 PM
The Blood Test Results are Back and it is Good & Bad.
The bad news is he is still getting worse where it counts. The Good News is the other issues are improving. They want him to go to a vet 1 Ĺ hrs away for more intensive tests & observations but Benny would give up without me or my son there with him and We donít have that kind of money, Heck we still have to figure out how to pay for all of this. So none of that matters

The Vet drew more blood and confirms a diagnosis that it very well be the only liver problem that is treatable. :) The vet says to keep our fingers crossed.

So Benny has three types of Pills to take 3 times a day. Yup you figured it out Benny is eating solid food, even started dog food mixed with rice today :D

Amberpony
08-02-2008, 09:31 PM
Here is a Page (from the Aug Template Ch) That shows Bennys progress.
Don't worry he is cute in the pictures ;)

http://www.stoneaccentsstudio.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=19301

Amberpony
08-07-2008, 04:34 PM
Vet is more hopeful today!
We go in for more blood tests next Week
Feeding Benny seems to be a trick to figure out what dosen't upset his stomach.

Thats the update. Thanks for your Prayers & Thoughts

Diana

Lori11941
08-07-2008, 06:03 PM
Thanks for the update, Diana. I hope Benny continues to get better.

kimberkatt
08-08-2008, 08:34 AM
oh, I'm so sorry you've had to go through all of this! I think Benny's improvement is amazing!! Just goes to show what a wonderful, loving, & supportive family can do for a person or DOG!! :) He looks like such a sweetie!! My thoughts are with him, you, & your family!! Keep getting better, Benny!! :D

CanDesigns
08-08-2008, 01:06 PM
Oh thank GOD Diana....liver problems can be so dangerous so that's a double Thank GOD. You must give Benny a kiss from all his Aunties here at SAS. He's still in my prayers sweetie, as are you.

Amberpony
08-21-2008, 03:05 AM
Friday the simple blood test that diagnosed Benny's Liver Problem showed that Benny's Liver had no improvement.
Got the call from the Vet Saturday about Benny's Test Results from the lab.
Many of his issues have Improved Greatly because of his Meds. But his Meds are irritating his already weakened Liver.
The vet is optimistic but doesn't want me to take Benny to Oregon to get my Horse. He says no road trips for a while & to hold off until the snow flies. :eek: since the horse is happy where he is. I sure miss Kona I had to leave him behind when I drove to California in the middle of the night to take care of Benny. I didn't want to think that it would take so long to take care of Ben & the drive is 4 hours faster without the horse.

Well thatís the haps & yeah all is good & we are thankful for Benny's Health getting better. Also thankful that the horse is liven it up at the Feather Bed Inn in Chemult Oregon. Thanks Gidget & the Gang! ;)

Lori11941
08-21-2008, 07:50 AM
Thanks for the update. I've been thinking about Benny.

Amberpony
09-05-2008, 01:43 PM
Well Benny had the cheap in office Blood Test Yesterday. First at the Vet Bennys eyes still have yellow in them. His Blood Test showed no improvement. But his hair coat is starting to get some shine back and he is lighter on his feet. So we are off to Oregon for some RR in the mountains where I can hang with my horse too. 2 weeks at the horse camp in cooler weather where Benny can hang out side with his horsy Buddy. The Horse should take care of me so Benny doesnít have to, taking that stress off should help. Then is back to the ranch with the horse too. Hopefully the next test is better, or it looks like a $400 ultra sound that is 1 Ĺ hr drive from the ranch. Not to mention what ever other costs involved. So the plan is to have fun and see what happens next

Diana

Here he is with another Hat (http://www.stoneaccentsstudio.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=21413&ppuser=2795)

Shanners
09-05-2008, 02:08 PM
I just read through this whole thread. I'm glad Benny continues to improve. I hope you have a fun and relaxing trip. Take care. :)

Amberpony
09-15-2008, 10:14 PM
We took Benny to the Doggie internal Medicine Vet.
He Has an Ultra Sound and that looked good Benny had blood work done and it didn't show why he is still having problem. Benny was put on more antibiotics Sunday. They also drew more blood for yet more tests.

Benny did not get to go camping because he has decided to eat anything that might be food (hopefully because of the Prednizone) But Bennys replacement is holding his own taking care of me most of the time & the Kona the horse is taking up the slack. So I am doing Ok without Benny. Just can't really go out in public much.

So maybe next week we will know what is wrong with Benny. Hopefully when Benny gets well he will stop getting into trouble.

Mitsybelle
09-15-2008, 11:30 PM
(((( Hugs )))) to you.... Benny is a beautiful boy, I shall have him in my prayers :)

DarleneH
09-15-2008, 11:50 PM
Oh gosh, Diana - sorry to hear about Benny. Prayers and hugs going out to you!

SkrapperDigitals
09-16-2008, 07:22 AM
I'm so sorry for all you (and benny) are going through right now, my thoughts and prayers are with you and his speedy recovery.

kimberkatt
09-16-2008, 08:48 AM
Many prayers & hugs to you and Benny! He really is a spectacular dog & friend! :)

Amberpony
09-16-2008, 04:08 PM
Got the Test Back it is going to cost $200 a month for meds that could possibly do the trick.

We are trying to find a Dog Organization that will help with the costs or find someone to take Benny in, that can afford his meds . If that be the case it would have to be a home just for him where someone is home most the time.

Any Ideas Sasy Gals? ;)

Diana

Mitsybelle
09-18-2008, 05:13 AM
Sorry Sweet, no ideas but I'm still praying :o

Amberpony
09-18-2008, 01:17 PM
The Vet has decided that Bennys Liver can stand the Cheaper Meds. Oh and the Cheap med is less $ then the Vet thought. :rolleyes: All I heard was Benny was starting on the new meds at less then $50 a month plus the prednizone & Antibiotics. More Blood Tests to Come. Benny is hanging out in the Dog Yard at the Ranch with George & I am Horse Camping.

DH has arranged for me to camp for another month. Yippee!!! So that mean lots of Fall High Mountain Pages lol

Thanks for your Prayers & Thoughts. Heres to this new plan of attack working.

kimberkatt
09-19-2008, 09:21 AM
That's great news Diana! I hope Benny likes his new meds and they help him feel better soon! :)

Can't wait to see all those layouts! :D

Mitsybelle
09-22-2008, 03:52 PM
So happy things are working out, enjoy your camping :)

Amberpony
10-11-2008, 12:51 PM
Benny Went to Heaven sometime Thursday evening while he was sleeping.
George told me that Benny had played with the horse on Monday & had been very happy & acting fine.
I am glad he had time at the ranch doing what he loved best and not having to take care of his mommy.

Thank you All who prayed for him! We enjoyed our extra time with him!

Diana

Shanners
10-11-2008, 12:57 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that you've lost Benny, but I'm glad that you had the extra time with him, and it sounds like he was enjoying life right to the end. Take care.

bmascari
10-11-2008, 10:01 PM
Thank you for sharing your layouts of Benny so we could get to know him too.

darlingina
10-12-2008, 09:08 AM
(((hugs))) Diana..... my thoughts are with you. God Bless Benny.

http://www.cilmsnagsandtags.com/tags/2740.jpeg (http://www.cilmsnagsandtags.com)

charliesnana
10-12-2008, 11:40 AM
I fell in love with your Benny and I am crying now. Sending love to you and holding Benny in my heart even though he has gone on. I believe in the Rainbow Bridge where our loved pets will be waiting for us to go on to Heaven.
(((Hugs)))

kimberkatt
10-13-2008, 09:19 AM
Oh Diana, I am so sorry! I, too, fell in love with Benny through your layouts and it breaks my heart to hear of him passing! I am glad that he was happy & carefree in his last days! Big HUGS to you sweetie!!

JanW.
10-13-2008, 10:50 AM
Diana, I am so sorry to read this. Benny was special here at SAS through your LO's. I'm sending big hugs your way.

Hugs,
Jan

Marilyng
10-13-2008, 04:03 PM
Oh,I am so happy that he is doing better.I will keep you both in my prayers!

redaztecmom
10-15-2008, 10:26 AM
I didn't see any of this post til today. I'm so sorry to hear about Benny. I had seen him in some of the layouts in your gallery. It's definitely good that he got to spend his last days doing things he loved and feeling better. I know how hard it is to lose a pet and I'm sure yours was all the more special to you because of how close you had been. Hugs.

Candy

sharpli
10-15-2008, 11:38 AM
I'm so sorry, Diana. Benny was certainly a special part of your life.

Lori11941
10-15-2008, 03:49 PM
Oh Diana, I'm so sorry. I was so hoping Benny would pull through.

Nani
10-16-2008, 10:51 AM
Diana, I'm so sorry about Benny. You tried very hard and you really did ive to him in the same way he gave to you.

You mentioned that he was more energetic and played his last day. It was the same with our Azreal, she had a bran tumor that they couldn't do anything but medicate her to control seizures, and we did that for her. She seemed to have become a kitten again just before she passed too.

It seems they know when their "last hurrah" is.

Sending healing prayers for strength and closure for everyone Benny touched, especially for you!

Amberpony
10-16-2008, 07:07 PM
Thank you for your kind words.
It has been very dificult my last few bad spells since benny is gone the replacement dogs are not much help. The new Dogs let me know some thing is wrong but don't know what to do about it Medication wise (that was Ben's Best Gift to me) Although the New Dogs (Curly) has been fathful to keep a close eye on me and keep me from over doing it when I listen he he he . Curly also makes sure I am in a safe place when I do have a problem. I still Really miss Benny's special gifts & his patience & persistence to make me listen.

Lynncal
10-16-2008, 08:05 PM
I'm glad you are starting to heal, it will take time! hugs

Amberpony
11-05-2008, 04:01 PM
Once Again I Wanted to Thank You for all your kind words
I saved part of this thread to make some kind of memory of how we hopefully did the right thing.

Diana

charliesnana
11-05-2008, 04:25 PM
Oh, Diana, don't ever doubt that you did what was right for him. You did and he loved you and trusted you. Please believe that you did the best you possibly could for him.
((((hugs))))

Mitsybelle
11-06-2008, 01:34 AM
Oh hun ... I'm so sorry for your loss, I've truly been there myself and I feel for you deeply...

Please know we are all touched by this, thank you so much for sharing all your wonderful layouts with us of Benny and I shall pray that you get what you truly need from your remaining companions ((((hugs)))) and take it easy