PDA

View Full Version : Links To DAD

JulieO
09-04-2008, 08:26 PM
Since we seem to have the site running smoothly again we have moved the Download A Day links back to the store. You will find them under SAS Gifts and each link will be active for 3 days. Thanks and Enjoy the party!

darlingina
09-04-2008, 08:32 PM
I appreciate all your hard work! ;)

http://www.cilmsnagsandtags.com/tags/1307.jpeg (http://www.cilmsnagsandtags.com)

dracowin
09-05-2008, 03:27 AM
Thanks for all the effort. Nice to know the slow speeds are just because of growth. Its at least a positive thing overall.

Rylea
09-05-2008, 07:26 AM
I have made three attempts to load these links to no avail. Am I the only one who can't get them to load? After several hours of trying and thinking I have them, when I try to unzip them, the message says I need to archive them? O help......what have I done wrong?

GrannyNKy
09-05-2008, 08:14 AM
Thanks so much!

Amberpony
09-05-2008, 10:07 AM
Thank You for the easy fast links! More time to play

kimberkatt
09-05-2008, 11:05 AM
I have made three attempts to load these links to no avail. Am I the only one who can't get them to load? After several hours of trying and thinking I have them, when I try to unzip them, the message says I need to archive them? O help......what have I done wrong?

hmmm.... I've never gotten a message like that before... what program are you using to unzip the files?

sorry I can't be of more help! :o

kimberkatt
09-05-2008, 11:07 AM
oh, thank you Julie for posting the links here! The downloads seem to be moving a lot faster today! :)

Shanners
09-05-2008, 01:40 PM
I think I got them all, Thanks!

danzinst
09-05-2008, 02:44 PM
Thank you I really appreciate the new links.Love the daily download.

Rylea
09-05-2008, 06:47 PM
hmmm.... I've never gotten a message like that before... what program are you using to unzip the files?

sorry I can't be of more help! :o
Kimberly.....
WinZip......I have never had any issues with it before now. I do have dial-up, and it does however take me awhile but these files are more then small enough for me to have a successful download. But I have never had a message like this either. If it is not resolved, I suppose I shall not play. But I want to Thank You for your help.

tessthescrapper
09-05-2008, 11:50 PM
Kimberly.....
WinZip......I have never had any issues with it before now. I do have dial-up, and it does however take me awhile but these files are more then small enough for me to have a successful download. But I have never had a message like this either. If it is not resolved, I suppose I shall not play. But I want to Thank You for your help.

Try running disk cleanup and make sure that temp files is checked. That usually works for me! good luck.

CecileQ
09-06-2008, 11:35 AM
just have to ask, cuz I know nothing about web traffic, but might not everyone posting trying to get to the big prize, also be a cause for slowing down?

Maybe could change that everyone who makes 50 or 100 or some number of posts gets entered into a drawing?

Since this is my first --- I have a real long way to catch up!

Jiskefet
09-06-2008, 12:48 PM
Wonderful kit, it is getting nicer by the day. And they load so quickly, absolutely super!!!
Thanks for all your hard work, everyone who participates in any way!!!

Marilyng
09-06-2008, 01:13 PM
thank you all for the awesome kit!!! I can't wait to get it all & make some beautiful layouts with it!

kimberkatt
09-06-2008, 01:28 PM
Kimberly.....

That is so strange! I would definitely take Tess' advice and delete your temporary files! Most of the time that works! If not, give us a shout and I'm sure we can brainstorm and try to figure out what the problem is! :)

Morgaine
09-06-2008, 01:55 PM

Sometimes, that happens to me when using Internet Explorer. Usually I can solve it by copying and pasting the link (or opening the page) in Mozilla Firefox, which, imho, is the best browser to download stuff. It should be OK there.
Also, Winzip is a good program to unzip files. I don't know which one you're using, but it can't be just that because you can't get the files to load, can you? Seems to me like a browser problem.
So, I'd try a different browser, preferably Mozilla, and Winzip.
Before you do, clean up your temporary internet files, delete the previous downloads of these files (if any), and don't forget to empty your recycle bin. We tend to forget that deleting something on the computer only places it somewhere else lol.
It might also be a good idea to download it to a different location this time: for example, if you did it before to My Documents, try Desktop now. Or the other way around.
If you still have problems, feel free to email me at morgaines.mail@gmail.com and I'll try to help you some more.
I hope it works out for you, this is a lovely download!
Hugs
Morgaine

shadowsmom
09-06-2008, 11:15 PM
Thank you. Appreciate your efforts. You have a great site. Really enjoying week one of the competition. Awesome talent.

JulieO
09-07-2008, 12:16 AM
I am thrilled with how the speed has picked up, I think having the DADs on another server has made the difference. We have has 147 people just in the forum at one time and it did not slow down like this. I am still going to move the forum and gallery to ensure that the site stays speedy, we have grown enough and this will be a good step to give us growing room but at least I have a little breathing room in getting the move done.
BTW, someone mentioned that since this is their first post that they had a long way to go to catch up to win our Post the Most contest, that prize is worth over $200. The way the contest works it is the amount of posts durning the month not the total of all posts ever made,so this way everyone has a chance to win if you are a little bit chatty and helpful.

maryellen
09-07-2008, 12:25 AM
thank you so much for making it so much easier to download the parts of this lovely kit

dbrowers
09-07-2008, 10:48 AM
Thank you for all the links. I was not able to get to the site until today and I am so thankful I did not miss any of them. I really appreciate all your generosity.

patsy1
09-07-2008, 05:28 PM
Thank you for moving these files here. It is alot quicker to download them. It is a really lovely gift.

Sea
09-07-2008, 05:44 PM
Thank You very much for the links. You are going above and beyond and then taking it even higher then that. No one could ever expect so much. Your hard work and generousity is mind bogalling. I don't know how you manage to do so much.... thank you!

Lori11941
09-07-2008, 05:46 PM
BTW, someone mentioned that since this is their first post that they had a long way to go to catch up to win our Post the Most contest, that prize is worth over $200. The way the contest works it is the amount of posts durning the month not the total of all posts ever made,so this way everyone has a chance to win if you are a little bit chatty and helpful.

Exactly. I took a snapshot of everyone's posts as of August 31st. I'll be comparing the totals on October 1st to find the amount posted in September only. So everyone, no matter how active they've been in the past, has an equal chance at winning the grand prize.

Joba2
09-07-2008, 05:47 PM
thank you SAS for this gorgeous gift

iela1216
09-08-2008, 11:10 AM
Thank you !
I am really enjoying myself ;-))

ladybug987
09-08-2008, 11:31 AM
These papers and elements are so lovely! Can't wait to do something with them.

Thanks for putting the links in this location and for keeping them "live". I only got here today.

kimberkatt
09-08-2008, 02:06 PM
Thanks for the newest links! The site seems to be back to normal now! The forum is loading super fast for me today!! Great job, Julie! And thank you for doing so much work to make us happy! It is totally recognized & appreciated! :)

tabasco7992
09-09-2008, 01:29 PM
Thanks for the DAD. It's awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

josey
09-09-2008, 08:15 PM
I only got here today. I haven't even seen the newsletter yet.
I was surprised to see the links. I haven't seen them unpacked
yet but I did want to thank you for the pleasant surprise. It's my
lucky day as they say.

;););)

sharpli
09-09-2008, 10:13 PM
This is a wonderful contribution and I'm already working with it. Thank you to all of the designers.

I do have one question, though. When I download each contribution, I get a screen asking about seeing secure and non-secure items at least three times during the checkout process. This is the only site that I visit that has these screens and I wonder why? Can I make them go away?

makeyesup
09-10-2008, 06:23 AM
I've also seen this on a couple of other sites lately. It seems that it has only been occurring in the last month or so and it's not in all stores.

Want to add my thanks here for the 4 designers that are doing this super wonderful gift.

And Julie, the site is running pretty good now compared to the first of the month. It just shows how popular this one is.

This is a wonderful contribution and I'm already working with it. Thank you to all of the designers.

I do have one question, though. When I download each contribution, I get a screen asking about seeing secure and non-secure items at least three times during the checkout process. This is the only site that I visit that has these screens and I wonder why? Can I make them go away?

landorasue
09-10-2008, 07:49 AM
Sharpli, the exact same thing has been happening to me, too.

123grandma
09-10-2008, 12:48 PM
Do you guys have Vista & IE7 because I do and I get these Security pop-ups all the time. They drive me mental. Of course it could also be from Zone Alarm or Avast but I think it is Microsoft. RRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!

kimberkatt
09-10-2008, 12:55 PM

Have you recently done a Window's update? I noticed I was getting these security messages after doing a Window's Security update a few weeks ago. I believe they are just a warning in case you don't trust the site. I usually just hit "OK" and continue on my merry way! :D

I know there is a way to shut off your warning messages, I just can't remember how... I will go and poke around and see if I can figure it out! :)

123grandma
09-10-2008, 02:31 PM
That would be fantastic. I always hit OK, too, because I was the one who instigated the link to the website but it really is getting annoying.

Marilyn

kimberkatt
09-10-2008, 03:45 PM
That would be fantastic. I always hit OK, too, because I was the one who instigated the link to the website but it really is getting annoying.

Marilyn

okay, I think your problem is with the User Control Settings in Vista! My laptop is Vista and I hated those things too! Every time you try to open a program, a box would pop up and say something like "This program is trying to open. If you started this program, click continue... yada, yada, yada..." Is this the problem that you're having?? If so, it's an easy one to fix... just go to the User Control Settings and turn them off! I'll be right back to let you know exactly where to find the Settings to turn them off, if you don't already know... I never remember these things, I usually just find them while I'm playing around! LOL! :D

123grandma
09-10-2008, 04:22 PM
That isn't the one I was speaking of but it also is annoying. I just went through most of the settings in the Control panel and also in IE but didn't see what you are speaking of. If you happen to see it, would you just pm me please? I feel like I've hi-jacked this Thread. lol Thanks so much for trying.

Marilyn

NW Lady
09-10-2008, 05:37 PM
Thank you so much, this is a beautiful kit for you all to share!

Nanalei
09-10-2008, 06:26 PM
Thanks so much for this beautiful kit. SAS is a favorite shopping site for me. I just need to let you know how much I appreciate all you do to make my favorite hobby so much fun.

Amendez
09-10-2008, 07:04 PM
This is an awesome kit. Thanks.

casey6
09-10-2008, 07:13 PM
Thanks so much.

Simply Sarah
09-10-2008, 08:26 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you. I grabbed them all last night to get caught up and can't wait to play with them.

Morgaine
09-12-2008, 02:49 PM
I'm missing three days, I think :(
I believe I'm missing downloads for days 7, 8 and 9.
Is there anything I can do to still get them? Pretty please...
Hugs
Morgaine

Amberpony
09-12-2008, 09:39 PM
I was confused and missed the Day 9 download :eek: . Hopefully I will be able to get 10. My connection is acting up (my computer location :( ) Is there a way to get 9?

tammi_j
09-14-2008, 12:40 AM
Oh no! I missed day 10....and I was doing so good. This kit is beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing.

Hugs~

Amberpony
09-14-2008, 04:26 PM
Ya I missed day 10 also. By the time it downloaded on my bad connection the file was invalid. but I got Day 11

Stash Empress
09-15-2008, 01:18 PM
Does anyone know what happened to today's DAD (#15)??? Its after 2PM EST & still don't see it -- is it just me or did it move or what? Usually its up when I get up in the morning.

cjpeterson38@hotmail.com
09-15-2008, 02:22 PM
I was under the impression that we could get all the downloads until Thursday and there is nothing on the ones that are listed. Does anyone know why?
If they aren't on the Store, where are they?

kimberkatt
09-15-2008, 03:28 PM
I was under the impression that we could get all the downloads until Thursday and there is nothing on the ones that are listed. Does anyone know why?
If they aren't on the Store, where are they?

Yes, they left Days 1-11 up until Thurs. night (9/11)... now, the downloads are only available for 3 days. So Days 13-15 are available today, tomorrow will be Days 14-16, and so on... They should be listed in the shop, under SAS Gifts. :)

kimberkatt
09-15-2008, 03:32 PM
Does anyone know what happened to today's DAD (#15)??? Its after 2PM EST & still don't see it -- is it just me or did it move or what? Usually its up when I get up in the morning.

hmmmm.... I don't see it either.... I'm sure it will be posted as soon as they can get to it! But, the good news is that Day 12 is still up if you haven't gotten it yet!! :D

123grandma
09-15-2008, 04:24 PM
It's 5:22 EDT and the link for Day 15 still isn't activated. But being as they are leaving each link up for 3 days, we should be able to get it tomorrow. I hope. :)

Photomama
09-15-2008, 04:54 PM
It's 4:53 CST - and still no #15 - I just don't want to forget it - cause the kit is so beautiful

Scrapgarden
09-15-2008, 05:27 PM
It is 3:30 Pacific time and there is nothing on the store site for day 15 download. Says item not found. Is anybody else getting through?

Stash Empress
09-15-2008, 05:28 PM
It is 3:30 Pacific time and there is nothing on the store site for day 15 download. Says item not found. Is anybody else getting through?

Nope -- I'm still getting "item not found" 6:30 EST

crlin
09-15-2008, 09:56 PM
Still no #15 and it is 10:56 EST! Hope everyone is ok!!

imangel
09-16-2008, 12:05 AM
It's 1:03 AM ET on Sept. 16th, and Day 15 still isn't there-just so you know. I, too, hope that everyone is okay. :)

kimberkatt
09-16-2008, 08:53 AM
Well, the only thing I can think is that, with all of the Birthday Bash events going on (judging, voting, posting, etc...) that they are all very busy and just haven't had time just yet to get it posted! I'm sure they will post it as soon as they are able, and most likely will leave it up for an extra day to make up for it being late! :D

Hey, can you tell we all need our DAD fix?!!! LOL!! :p

123grandma
09-16-2008, 03:41 PM
Hi guys. It's 4:40pm here in Toronto and I just finished downloading Days 15 & 16. So everything is back to normal. It's in the store under SAS Gifts on the left hand side. :)

Joba2
09-16-2008, 04:02 PM
I still don't see day 15/16 in store.will try again in a few minutes

Stash Empress
09-16-2008, 04:03 PM
Its 5pm EST & I just got both of them.

Joba2
09-16-2008, 04:17 PM
I just got download 15/16 at 4:15 today. I could not see it for a couple days though-honest it wasn't there till just a few minutes ago. I had tried a few minutes ago & it wasn't there.so glad i could get it now