PDA

View Full Version : Cheers from Portsmouth, UK

blackdog
09-10-2008, 05:27 PM
Hi all. Came to check out the Heroes kits, and after seeing the Battle of Britain one (it's my favourite holiday next to Trafalgar day) I've decided to stick around for a bit. 42, Not married, no kids, no plans to change either status.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post in the gallery or not, as I never ever use more than one thing from a designer in the same layout. I'm one of those mix & matcher types. Everything is on my blog though.

K'Lynn

Mitsybelle
09-10-2008, 07:56 PM
Your work is amazing... I would love to visit your blog :) Welcome to SAS

Lori11941
09-10-2008, 09:44 PM
Hi K'Lynn welcome to SAS! We don't require that you only post layouts made with our products, so you're more than welcome to post your layouts here. We just ask that you try to give proper credit in so much as you know. If you don't remember where you got something, it's perfectly okay to admit it. Others might recognize it and be able to help you out.

Scrappingmamaw
09-10-2008, 10:12 PM
Welcome K'Lynn! I love your work! Can't wait to see more!

blackdog
09-11-2008, 12:03 PM
Thanks all for the welcome & comments.

Lori, I've got no problem with remembering every last pixel I add to a layout. There's a little trick to it. Just name each layer you add appropriately, then when you're all finished -- you've got a list. Since I'm such a mix & matcher and usually have quite long lists of ingredients -- it's a must.

AneczkaW
09-12-2008, 02:20 AM
Hello K'Lynn and welcome to SAS !

Your blog and layouts are very beautiful and creative !

Anna

ladyofthethorns
09-12-2008, 12:56 PM
Welcome to SAS K'Lynn! So glad you decided to stick around a bit and share your creations with us. I'm sure you'll like it here; everyone is wonderful, friendly, generous... the list goes on. I checked out you web site and I love your creations. In fact I think I left you some 'love' on the 'Osborne House' LO... did you post that at DST or some other site? Anyway, welcome aboard; I hope you have some fun!

blackdog
09-13-2008, 03:03 AM
Thanks again for your welcomes and comments. I thought I'd take the opportunity to demystify what I do in a step by step walk-through on my blog for those that were interested. No special tricks needed. No plugins, no actions, no styles. Can't stand all that stuff.

P.S. Osborne House was posted at MSA as well. I'm not a fan of DST, so I rarely visit it or post anything there.

Mitsybelle
09-13-2008, 03:37 AM
I visited your Blog and I loved it.... although worlds apart I'm glad you came here because I've learnt something.... :cool:... you do not need DST etc... you are set apart

blackdog
09-15-2008, 12:47 AM
Mission accomplished! I told myself if one person got anything out of that endless post -- then it was worth the 7 hours breaking it down.

Joba2
09-15-2008, 01:34 AM
Welcome to SAS.Hope you stick around:) the people here are truly the nicest anywhere:)

Ambowife Designs
09-15-2008, 03:42 AM
Welcome to SAS You're Layouts are awesome and I am looking forward to seeing more :) hope you like it here at SAS I find it quite cosy and comforting everytime I log in here. I hope you do too!!
Hugs
Tracy