PDA

View Full Version : I've had it!!

Lori11941
09-18-2008, 03:42 PM
I'm a busy woman. I'm a single mother to 4 kids. I hop around this forum answering member questions, pointing them in the right direction in the scavenger hunt, helping cheer on and encourage the SAS-y Lady contestants, write the emails, help our designers with whatever they need. I still need to finish up two of my own kits, and make some brag book freebies from them. And what, on top of all this do I have to do?

I have to sniff out and eradicate the SPAMMERS!

Hey idiots, I'm going to find your posts and delete them.

Our members aren't stupid. They don't care about your promises of Gold, or free video games or male genitalia enlargements.

You're wasting my time, I have better things to do.

You're wasting your own time. My record for deleting spam posts was 23 seconds after it was posted.

You're wasting our wonderful members' time because they take the time to report your posts so we can keep our forum clean.

Get a life...go away! Or better yet, take up digital scrapping and go spend some money in the store.

Oh and you're illiterate. You wrote, "It is a good artical". Ahem, it's article. See if you can get it right next time.

Okay vent over.

Joba2
09-18-2008, 04:30 PM
Good for your Lori,tell them off. I ran into several gamers spam & thought -what a weird site for them to spam gamers stuff: like we will all run off & buy stuff for world of warcraft.(which by the way is cheating anyway & the makers of the game don't appreciate it)

Ambowife Designs
09-19-2008, 01:21 AM
Dear Spammers,
Yeah what she said!
Good on you Lori!!
Our Avenger against spam!!

LilGuysMomma
09-19-2008, 06:09 AM
AMEN SISTER!!! BRING IT ON!!! :d

darlingina
09-19-2008, 07:02 AM
Yay Lori!

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a257/darlingina/SmiliesnSuch/you20go20girl.gif

janalyn
09-19-2008, 11:03 AM
[QUOTE=Lori11941;]I'm a busy woman. I'm a single mother to 4 kids. I hop around this forum answering member questions, pointing them in the right direction in the scavenger hunt, helping cheer on and encourage the SAS-y Lady contestants, write the emails, help our designers with whatever they need. I still need to finish up two of my own kits, and make some brag book freebies from them. And what, on top of all this do I have to do?
I have to sniff out and eradicate the SPAMMERS!
QUOTE]

Well, hey Lori if you are so busy why don't you just leave them for me to take care of from VBulletin. There is no reason that you need to spend your time on this.

Lori11941
09-19-2008, 11:22 AM
Oh, no, it's a personal vendetta. If I see them, they have to go. lol

kimberkatt
09-19-2008, 11:28 AM
Rofl! Lori the Spam Slayer and her delete button of Doom!! Spammers Be Warned!! :p

janalyn
09-19-2008, 11:55 AM
Well, I get about half of them anyway :)

kimberkatt
09-19-2008, 12:57 PM
Jan or Lori, Does it help to report the Spam posts?

I didn't know if it was helpful, or if it was just another annoyance and waste of time?!

I will start reporting them to you when I see them.... ONLY if it's helpful, though! I don't want to give you yet another task! I just saw another Spam post! :rolleyes:

Lori11941
09-19-2008, 08:00 PM
I think it helps. Although most of the time when I go to follow the link, Jan's beat me to it. lol. Jan, I think we need super hero spam fighter avatars. lol

janalyn
09-20-2008, 02:51 PM
I think it helps. Although most of the time when I go to follow the link, Jan's beat me to it. lol. Jan, I think we need super hero spam fighter avatars. lol

That is a great idea!!! Although, I think maybe we could create a special avatar or signature blinkie for some of our members who ARE so diligent to report the spam!! For those who don't know there is a a little red and white triangle in the top right corner in every post that has a direct link to report a post that is questionable or is outright spam. The message is sent to Lori and I for sure and I think JulieO gets it too. We try to keep them out but they just get more clever all the time. It is just not fun to open a thread and find spam in it!!!!! :(

sharpli
09-20-2008, 02:57 PM
Each time I come to the board (sometimes 4-5 times a day) I click on the new posts choice. If I see several comments by the same unknown person, I'll check one and if it's spam, I tend to disregard the rest of the new posts. It's too bad, because I'm probably missing stuff, but I'm with you - tired of reading this junk. Would approving new board members be a solution? I know that's a requirement for some other sites.

Lori11941
09-20-2008, 07:22 PM
One report is plenty. When I find a spammer, or get a report of a spammer, I select "Find all posts by this member" and then delete everything they've posted in one swoop. Zap! Bam! You're outta here!

Seriously, you'd think people would have something better to do than spam us.

patchas
09-20-2008, 09:23 PM
Those people are idiots anyway. Thanks to both of you for keeping us *clean*! We appreciate your hard work.

kimberkatt
09-21-2008, 05:39 PM
Do you think they get paid per post?! I mean, there has to be some kind of reason they do it, right?! They aren't just some bunch of losers sitting around posting nonsense everywhere they can find.... ARE THEY?!! :rolleyes:

Seriously, if they really don't have anything better to do with their time, they can always come clean my house! That should be enough work for about a week straight! LOL! :p

jeepmama
09-21-2008, 10:28 PM
Well, all I can say is you are doing a FAB job... I have yet to see one of these posts, so you are knocking them out quickly.

thanks for watching out for us!

CanDesigns
09-21-2008, 11:18 PM
Here you go ladies....lmbooooooo

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i25/PSPCandee/LoriSpamSlayer.jpg,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i25/PSPCandee/JanSpamSlayer.jpg

:D

janalyn
09-21-2008, 11:59 PM
That is TOOO funny Candee!! You are such a riot!!

I think that Sharpli probably reports the most. I ban the user who is leaving the spam if I can still find the spam. Looking at the list of banned users is quite interesting because many use basically the same name again, just change it a little often adding a different number to the user name. The user's time zone is always Singapore although this may be just the system default but they ALWAYS turn OFF 'receive Admin emails'. Curious, huh!!! ;)

Someone asked if they get paid by the post and I tend to agree with that theory....:cool:

Mitsybelle
09-22-2008, 03:40 AM
One report is plenty. When I find a spammer, or get a report of a spammer, I select "Find all posts by this member" and then delete everything they've posted in one swoop. Zap! Bam! You're outta here!

Oh yeh, you go girls, keeping us all from all those ugly harmful posts, lol, Honestly, would they all please get a life :cool:

Lori11941
09-22-2008, 06:15 AM
Candee I love it!! I'm changing my avatar... just as soon as I remember how, lol.

Christi
09-22-2008, 11:34 AM
You rock! I, too, run a vB and I know what a pain it can be - I started manually approving all new memberships.

kimberkatt
09-22-2008, 12:50 PM
Hehehe... Candee, those avatars are PERFECT! So funny! :p

I was a little sarcastic in my earlier post, but I really do believe they get paid to post that garbage... just like telemarketers get paid to call and harass you! :rolleyes:

Lori & Jan do a great job getting rid of the trash though! I get e-mail alerts for topics I've posted in, and most of the time when I go to check the message to report it, it's already gone! :D

Amberpony
09-25-2008, 07:33 PM
Oh I stopped reporting them because I thought I was being a pain in the butt.
I do how ever post something on every thread I find spam on so as not to give the spammers the satisfaction of being the last post. Positive little ditty is better then opening a thread for some really garbage.
I would report them if I knew it was helpful.

Shanners
09-25-2008, 09:46 PM
You ladies are awesome at keeping this place clean, and I really appreciate your hard work and your time. :) I LOVE the avatars Candee made. :)

boo.6204
09-26-2008, 01:47 AM
wahhahaha, Lori the Spam Slayer. I love it. You go get em girl. As for you spammers, I'd be afraid, very afraid, if I were you. Lori has a mean delete finger and she's willing to use it so be warned! :eek:

franbvm
09-26-2008, 01:52 AM

Great idea! Ty for the tip!