PDA

View Full Version : help me understand the language here

icurn
09-26-2008, 09:50 AM
Hi everyone. When i say I am a newbie, I do mean literally. I have never ever scrapped anything but so looking forward to learning.
Some of the terms I just do not understnad them.
What is tagger size kit?

What is a tag and what do you do with them?

Can you make a scrap page with a tagger kit or do you need a full size kit?

Do most folks print their pages or do they just put them in an online gallery?

Thanks,
Carolyn

sharpli
09-26-2008, 10:19 AM
OK, tag first. If you look at some member's posts, they'll have something as a part of their signature or message that's graphical rather than words. That's a tag. Some sites call it a sig tag, short for signature tag. Tagger kits are created to help make tags and yes, they're smaller that a regular (full sized) kit. You wouldn't want a tagger kit unless you're making tags.

If you're doing regular sized scrapbook pages, look for the full size kits.

As far as displaying, everyone does it differently. Some don't print at all, simplying in one version or another online. I print my own pages and put them in purchased albums. Some have their pages commercially printed and bound in albums. So just do what feels confortable to you. A word of caution, though, if you're considering ponting online only. You might want to also save a full sized version (12 x 12 at 300 dpi) just in case you want to print your layouts at some later date.

icurn
09-26-2008, 04:26 PM
Thank you
Carolyn

Joba2
09-26-2008, 06:27 PM
I never knew there are tagger kits. I've never seen one.

janalyn
09-27-2008, 08:12 PM
Great information! Thanks for sharing that Sharpli! :)

franbvm
09-27-2008, 09:59 PM
I didn't know what a tagger kit is either.

sharpli
09-28-2008, 12:36 PM
My goodness, but I'm a poor typist and worse proof reader. What happened to the edit button?