PDA

View Full Version : Hi y'all

jdatkinson
09-27-2008, 09:57 AM
My name is Julie, and come from the great whopping state of Texas. I am very happily married to my best friend for 6 years, and together we have a beautiful boy, William, who will be turning 5 at the end of next month. We live out on approx 20 acres in rural east Texas halfway between Dallas and Shreveport with our trees, our critters, our two dozen blueberry bushes, and country air.

I'm very new to digi scrapping and PSP/designing, so I kinda lurk in the shadows until I'm able to come up with something that I think is good enough for show when I see so many other beautiful designs/creations so many of y'all have shared thus far.

I'm disabled (have severe bipolar among my other head calamaties), and have been home-bound for the last 5 years. William has autism, so much of what I do is spent helping him and doing some pre-K home schooling with him when I'm not on here being a snaggy piggie. *g*

I look forward to getting to know y'all better. Please don't take offense if I'm shy and not much of a talker. It just takes me time to get to know people before I feel safe enough to come out of my shell. ;) Thank you so much for reading this lil bit about me.

Brightest blessings...
Julie

sharpli
09-27-2008, 04:21 PM
Welcome, Julie. You'll find this a wonderful, friendly site with a quick answer to any questions you might have.

My daughter and grandson are both bipolar. It's one of those problems that's really hard to understand sometimes, but they're both coping pretty well.

jdatkinson
09-27-2008, 05:30 PM
I'm doing pretty good right now, doing life med free. Sometimes it's hard, but I'd rather feel the way I do now than what I did as a true zombie. We all have our good days and bad days, just mine seem to be a bit more extreme than "normal" folk. *lol*

Lori11941
09-27-2008, 11:45 PM
Hi Julie, welcome to our forum. I'm not going to say "welcome to SAS" because I know I've seen you in the store and have chatted with you via email on occasion. I'm so glad you decided to come in and introduce yourself.

kristenp
09-28-2008, 01:02 PM
Hi, Nice to meet you. I'm from texas too.

Shanners
09-28-2008, 08:25 PM
Welcome. I'm familiar with your area. When I was a kid, I would go back and forth from Henderson, TX to Shreveport, LA from my mom's to my dad's homes. Glad to have you here. Have fun.

darlingina
09-29-2008, 09:34 AM
It's great to meet you Julie! I hope you'll enjoy the time you spend here as much as I do! You'll always find lots of fun things to do. :)

http://www.cilmsnagsandtags.com/tags/542.jpeg (http://www.cilmsnagsandtags.com)

candi1973
09-30-2008, 11:17 PM
so glad you're here!!

LilGuysMomma
10-01-2008, 06:13 AM
Hi there, glad to meet you. I was born in Texas, does that count for anything? :rolleyes: Your "little" patch of land sounds breathtaking. Nothing like those Texas skies that go on forever. Ok, I need to stop, I'm starting to miss it now.

Welcome and hope to see you around!
Doris

AneczkaW
10-01-2008, 10:26 AM
Hello and welcome to SAS !

DarleneH
10-08-2008, 06:58 PM
Welcome to SAS, Julie. :)

ladyofthethorns
10-09-2008, 05:20 PM
Welcome to SAS Julie! I'm glad you decided to say 'hello'. Don't worry about not being comfortable talking alot here, LOL, there are no rules that say you have to participate in that way. Just do what you're comfortable with. We're all here to have fun!