PDA

View Full Version : Newbie...really? Imagine that!

CrazyKeira
10-30-2008, 02:54 PM
So I joined a few days ago, and have been lurking around looking at the different boards and around the store, but I finally decided I should introduce myself. My name is Keira, I'm 21, currently pregnant with child #2 (due December 24th of all things), my daughter is almost 2 and a half now and I have recently relocated to the far, cold, out of the way north! I used to scrapbook like crazy, my mom was the person who got me addicted (she used to sell scrapbook products). Since I've moved out on my own though I have found (with a 2 year old and 2 rather large, nosey dogs) that paper scrapping is just not going to work! It takes up way too much space, and I can't just leave anything out when I want to walk away, even if it's only for a minute, or it will be missing/wrecked/eaten/etc. I have done other forms of digital work over the last few years such as pixel artwork, slight photo manipulations, etc. so I am fairly comfortable working with most of the programs available. I am really looking forward to getting my desktop computer set up, organizing all my pictures and doing my first layout! (I've been in the new house for about 3 weeks now...and I still have some unpacking to do :p) I am very impressed with the kits available here and also the challenges, and am looking forward to participating. Can't wait to get to know you!
Keira

sharpli
10-30-2008, 07:53 PM
Welcome to a fun and friendly spot, Keira.

Ambowife Designs
10-30-2008, 08:04 PM
Welcome Keira, you'll find the members warm and friendly here, and if you get stuck give a shout out and someone will be sure to help you. Can't wait to see your layouts in the gallery and once you are comfortable you might like to try some of the challenges they are lots of fun and you'll score some lovely posting bonuses for taking part. Hope you enjoy it here at SAS!!

DarleneH
10-31-2008, 01:18 AM
Hello Keira! Wow, you really have your hands full, don't you? Brings back memories of my own...

Welcome to SAS, and I can't wait to see your first layout. :)

AneczkaW
11-01-2008, 04:01 AM
Hello Keira ! Welcome to SAS !

darlingina
11-01-2008, 08:37 PM
Nice to meet YOU! Welcome to SAS! :)

Amberpony
11-03-2008, 03:41 AM
Sounds Like Digi Scrapping is right up your Ally!
Hope to see your Memory Pages Soon!

LilGuysMomma
11-03-2008, 07:15 AM
Hi Keira,
Oh gosh you rattled off all the reasons most of us changed over to digi (I do have to say that "eaten" wasn't one of my reasons)LOL. Although don't tell anyone but I've been getting an itch to paper scrap lately and I still have all my stuff! Anyway...Welcome and glad you've joined up! You'll have a great time!
Doris

CrazyKeira
11-03-2008, 11:24 AM
Thank you all for such a warm welcome! I'm sure many people switch to digi scrapping for the same reasons, lol, but yes the eaten one might be a little more unique. My dogs have expensive taste in things to eat, chew and hide! I have learned you never leave anything within reach of them, which is hard since one of them is an Irish Wolfhound, so when she stands on her back paws she streches well over 6ft tall!

kimberkatt
11-04-2008, 01:38 PM
Welcome Kiera!! :D

Yes, Digi is so much easier when you have ravenous dogs & "can't keep my hands off" toddlers! LOL! And a lot less expensive, too! ;)

It's so great that you found us and want to play! Can't wait to see your layouts, and the challenges here are just the right thing to get you motivated and inspired! :)