PDA

View Full Version : Font Managers???

LilGuysMomma
02-04-2009, 07:54 AM
Hello Everyone,
I'm interested in opinions on font managers. I'm running Vista (all condolences will be gratefully accepted..:( ) and am looking for a font manager compatible with Vista. Also interested in your opinions on the pros/cons of whichever program you're using. I'm willing to entertain both purchased and freeware.

Thanks and I'm looking forward to hearing from you all!
Doris

patchas
02-04-2009, 10:23 AM
I use The Font Thing and have used it forever. It works just fine in Vista, is fast and small, and I believe it is freeware.

Lori11941
02-04-2009, 06:53 PM
I have Vista and use the Font Thing too.

allwright1
02-09-2009, 11:23 PM
I've used Font Thing (http://members.ozemail.com.au/~scef/tft.html) for quite a few years and love it! I have about 7000 fonts in it and have them catagorized so it's easy to find the perfect font. You can do lots of things with it and it's FREE!:D

janalyn
02-10-2009, 10:40 AM
The Font Thing (TFT) is absolutely wonderful!! Having fonts in your computer's system font folder can really slow down your computer because everytime you open a program that uses fonts all of those fonts have to load up so it is best to keep them in a different folder. The Font Thing allows you to view all of them and even very quickly install them into your system font folder when you want to use one. It even knows which ones are installed and places a mark (my XP has a flying window) beside them. If you find you really don't use an installed font very often you can just use TFT to uninstall it from your system font folder and reinstall it from your separate font folder anytime. I am surprised that it is still free because most of us who use it would gladly pay for it because it works SO well! The absolute BEST thing about TFT is that you are viewing the actual font so you can see exactly what it looks like!!!!!

Amberpony
03-07-2009, 03:17 AM
Does anyone use The Font Thing in "Vista"?
I noticed that Vista is not listed at the site.
You girls & my computer have convinced me that I should give it a try. :p

Amberpony
03-07-2009, 03:50 AM
Sorry about that last post I see my Question was answered already. :o

janalyn
03-07-2009, 11:32 AM
Sorry about that last post I see my Question was answered already. :o

I'm just happy to see that you got the information you needed :)