PDA

View Full Version : How to Make a Blinkie? - what programs to use?

makeyesup
08-30-2007, 03:37 PM
Would love to learn how to make blinkies. Was looking for some hints on how and what programs people use. Would appreciate any help at all.
Thanks,

nnorcutt
08-30-2007, 03:49 PM
I use Photoshop Elements 4 to scrap, and I can also do blinkies with it. You make each frame of the blinkie a separate layer and then use the Save for Web option. Click the animate box, the loop box, and set the time between frames & you're done. You could try searching for "blinkie tutorial" and your program to see if there are any tutorials out there that you could follow. If you happen to use PSE4 I could give you more detailed instructions.

Kyda
08-30-2007, 04:27 PM
I JUST learned how to do that last night with my pse 5. I got a book from the library and was trying all sorts of new things. ;) You have to make sure to save it as gif too though. :)

Lisa
08-30-2007, 05:25 PM
I use Photoshop CS2 and the Adobe ImageReady program that comes with it. There is a great tutorial here (http://www.digitalscrapbookplace.com/university/tutorials/ps_blinkie_as.shtml) and here (http://www.digitalscrapbookplace.com/university/tutorials/psp_blinkie_vb.shtml) that I refer back to when making blinkies.

Lori11941
08-30-2007, 06:41 PM
I use PSP. Think of a blinkie kind of like making a cartoon or a flip book. For every stage of the animation, you need to have a file. I save each frame as a png file. Then I open Animation Shop and open all the png files. You place them into the animation just like you're making a filmstrip. Set the length of time for each frame to be held, then save it as a .gif.

If you have animation shop, you can open any existing .gif file and see how it's put together. That will help give you an idea of how they're done.

makeyesup
09-01-2007, 07:00 PM
I use Photoshop Elements 4 to scrap, and I can also do blinkies with it. You make each frame of the blinkie a separate layer and then use the Save for Web option. Click the animate box, the loop box, and set the time between frames & you're done. You could try searching for "blinkie tutorial" and your program to see if there are any tutorials out there that you could follow. If you happen to use PSE4 I could give you more detailed instructions.

Thanks, this might be my solution if I can ever get a techie to install more memory on my computer. Purchased PSE5 and stuck in gear because of the memory situation. Frustrated because I can't use it even though my Microsoft Picture It works - maybe I'll find something there until luck comes my way. Still scrapping with SBM, just like the way it works. Want to use PSE5 for all the extra things to do.

makeyesup
09-01-2007, 07:02 PM
Thanks to everyone that responded to my query. It is really appreciated that everyone always tries to help in the scrapbooking community.

makeyesup
09-01-2007, 07:04 PM
I JUST learned how to do that last night with my pse 5. I got a book from the library and was trying all sorts of new things. ;) You have to make sure to save it as gif too though. :)

what's the name of the book and the author? Had gone to the book store about a month ago and did not know what would be really helpful with the PSE5.