PDA

View Full Version : Input Needed For New Newsletter

allwright1
04-05-2009, 12:10 PM
I have new ideas for the newsletter. I need your input. I would like to know what things you like about the newsletter as it has been in the past. I would like to know any ideas you have for improving it. I also would like to know what you think of my ideas.

What do you think of a fun and games page in the newsletter? We might have a word searh puzzle, or scrambled words or maybe even sudoku. I enjoy games... but I'm sure there are others who don't. Do you think the newsletter is a place for this type of thing?

I've found in the past there were pages that I just passed over each week. I would like to know what things if any you think we don't need in the newsletter that was in previous issues.

I thought about adding a page about a member or someone on the SAS team each week or so... to help everyone get to know each other a little better. I would ask people to write a little about themselves add a photo if they want and add one of their most favorite lo's. Do you like this idea?

I'm willing to listen to any ideas you have... let me know! I don't gaurantee I will be able to do everything. I want to breathe new life into our newsletter!

Thanks in advance for your help! :)
Karin

Nani
04-05-2009, 10:07 PM
I think the idea of highlighting a designer or member in the newsletter is great!!

Shanners
04-06-2009, 04:31 PM
I like the idea of a game or puzzle and the idea of a "spotlight". One of the things I liked were the challenges shown w/ pb's and linked to the thread in the forum. Of course the freebies were always great!

Mitsybelle
04-16-2009, 01:17 PM
Just bumping this thread back up .... let's get some ideas going here hey :)

What do you want to see in your Newsletter???

kimberkatt
04-16-2009, 01:28 PM
HELP!!!!

We need your input, please! We want to make a newsletter that is enjoyable for everyone, so please post your ideas & suggestions on what YOU want to see in the Newsletter! Do you want more articles? Some Tips & Tricks? Would any of you like to contribute? Anything goes here, ladies! Tell us what's on your mind and how you think the newsletter can be improved!!! :)

We have the BEST SAS-y members!! I KNOW you are all creative and can come up with some killer ideas to make the Newsletter the BEST it can be!!! So, don't be shy.... shout it out!!! :D

LilGuysMomma
04-16-2009, 01:39 PM
Ok, well, let's see here...

Love the idea of an opening blurb or muse by our fearless leader!
Love the idea of the Spotlight on someone.
Love the idea of Tips and Tricks.
Love the idea of articles.
Love the idea of a game. (not more than one though)
How about a NL exclusive Template Challenge? Provide the template as a download link in the newsletter and have a gallery set up for it.
How about ideas on using digital as hybrid pages, wall art, cards, etc. (Or would that fall under the articles area?)
How about product reviews? (computer software, hardware, and peripherals)
How about a hint or teaser for next months mega kit?

That's just off the top of my head...gotta run and pick up my son from school.
~Doris

kimberkatt
04-16-2009, 01:48 PM
I love you Doris!!! I knew you'd have some great ideas!!! Thanks so much!! :D

Nani
04-16-2009, 05:00 PM
I LOVE that newsletter template idea!

How about a member contributed template and you must use SAS designer kits, then put the best four or five in the next newsletter? That would show off the designers without making extra work for the SAS team and it lets the members get a little notoriety.

Ambowife Designs
04-16-2009, 05:37 PM
Wow great ideas coming here!! :)

kimberkatt
04-16-2009, 05:42 PM
Nani, I love it!!! Great ideas here, ladies!!! We're taking notes! Keep 'em coming!! :D

allwright1
04-16-2009, 06:35 PM
I really love all the ideas coming in here! I love the ideas of the members contributing to the nl's! I already ran an idea I had past Toiny this morning... she said a resounding YES! Here it is... We have so many talented scrappers in our membership... The members can pm me and send me their tips and tricks. I will pick one tip or trick and add it to the newsletter each week. The author of the choosen tip or trick will receive a coupon for a kit of their choice free (maximum kit coupon $6.00).

:)If you would like to receive a free kit, start getting those ideas in today! I will announce this new article in next week's nl... but you can start submitting your ideas now!:)

SkrapperDigitals
04-17-2009, 09:54 PM
product reviews and hybrid pages and articles.... that would make for really good reading! i'd love getting that kindof stuff!

what about some photography hints and tips too?

Ok, well, let's see here...

Love the idea of an opening blurb or muse by our fearless leader!
Love the idea of the Spotlight on someone.
Love the idea of Tips and Tricks.
Love the idea of articles.
Love the idea of a game. (not more than one though)
How about a NL exclusive Template Challenge? Provide the template as a download link in the newsletter and have a gallery set up for it.
How about ideas on using digital as hybrid pages, wall art, cards, etc. (Or would that fall under the articles area?)
How about product reviews? (computer software, hardware, and peripherals)
How about a hint or teaser for next months mega kit?

That's just off the top of my head...gotta run and pick up my son from school.
~Doris

allwright1
04-17-2009, 11:52 PM
A lot of those ideas are great! If we do all these things I will need people submitting articles... I'm no expert on photography and programs! I'm quite creative and pretty good at some things but no where near an expert! I have never paper scrapped... I started with digi and never had any reason to paper scrap or do hybrid stuff.

littlespooky
04-21-2009, 07:16 PM
love the game idea. and the designer/member highlight. i think it would be fun for the members to ask her questions and she answers them we did this at another forum..maybe the designer could make a freebie for all to download.
i will think of more

littlespooky
04-21-2009, 07:18 PM
i like the template challenge idea...maybe there could be a tutorial etc..

kimberkatt
04-22-2009, 06:36 AM
Keep the ideas coming ladies! We really want you all to enjoy your Newsletter and hope to include things you all want to read & see! :)

Ashkenazi
09-05-2009, 12:51 PM
love the idea re picking a member to highlight, as it gives members a chance to get to know other members...
What about picking an area/city/town/country and finding out who lives there?
Maybe giving a member a chance to write an artical in your newsletter?

Love and hugs
Lynne