PDA

View Full Version : Heritage challenge

glonet
04-18-2009, 12:49 PM
Can anyone tell me what is happening re the Heritage Challenge? This is the one that attracted me to SAS initially so I really hope someone will host it. Also the March poll has been up for quite a while and I wonder if anyone is looking at it. I sent an email to the contact but haven't heard. Sorry don't mean to bug anyone and I know that a lot of changes are being handled - beautifully, I might add. I just thought someone might know but I can't find mention of it anywhere.
Thanks,
Gloria

Mitsybelle
04-18-2009, 06:27 PM
This is being looked into now :)

glonet
04-18-2009, 11:50 PM
Thanks for your response -where will it be announced?

Toiny
04-18-2009, 11:57 PM
Hi Gloria!

I'm so glad you like the challenge, and doubly glad you are being patient LOL. I've sorted out what all the responsibilities are, now it's a matter of determining who gets what piece of the pie.

I can't set a firm date on "when", since there are so many of us in so many different time zones. I do know that the challenge will be back by May 1.

I will post an official announcement with all the new Who's Who, LOL, before the end of the month. Maybe as soon as this week.

Thank you so much for staying with us while we sort it out & find our way.

Smooches!

~Toiny
Thanks for your response -where will it be announced?

Berny
04-19-2009, 02:08 PM
Thanks! I'm glad you are keeping the Heritage Challenge. I like it very much and it encourages me to scrap my old photos.

glonet
05-07-2009, 12:20 PM
Thanks so much - glad to see the May Heritage challenge. Do you know if there will be any followup on the March poll? (Since I am one of the 3, I have a vested interest.lol). Sorry Jan wasn't here to follow that up. I don't know how long the poll is supposed to be up after the voting starts.

glonet
08-25-2009, 01:29 AM
Is there any change the heritage challenge will be re established. It was a very active challenge when Jan was here and one many enjoyed. I really miss it.
Gloria

kimberkatt
08-25-2009, 12:52 PM
I'm not quite sure what's happening with this challenge, Gloria... I will find out for sure and let you know!

I think we really need this challenge... it was very popular & I'd hate for it to go away... :)

Jean Ann
08-25-2009, 03:58 PM
I also like this challenge. It has always been one of my favorite challenges.

michellemarie
08-25-2009, 05:40 PM
Me, too. It's one of the main things that drew me to this site in the beginning, too. I love family history, and have so many old photos. Enough to crash a computer;)

Toiny
08-27-2009, 07:00 AM
Just wanted to let y'all know I am reading this thread & I hear you! The genealogy, heritage section of SAS is a very important part of what Stone is.

I am just settling in Germany, still in hotels, but my goal is to have this up & running smoothly by October. Please keep posting, thoughts, ideas, wants & wishes. Your opinion, your needs matter.

I will work on retroactively awarding some of the prizes as well. This has definitely fallen through the cracks. Many apologies from my end.

Smooches,

Toiny

Jean Ann
08-27-2009, 07:35 AM
Whoo Hoo, Can't wait! If you need a little help with this, I'll gladly help out.

88 Designs by M
08-27-2009, 05:15 PM
I was going to postone for the month of August. My grandfather has been in and out of the hospital since the end of July. He is in ICU right now and not expected to make it at this point. Throw in a dash of kids starting school and a sprinkle of working nights, and there you have it. I know I owe prizes to some, so I will get those taken care of in the next couple of days. I do apologize for this. I plan on posting a new challenge within a few days.

kimberkatt
08-27-2009, 05:18 PM
Oh Melanie.. I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather! Big ((HUGS)) to you! I will keep your family in my thoughts & prayers!

Berny
08-28-2009, 10:26 AM
Yes! I love this Challenge too. I will always do LOs for it.
I've been off for awhile because of illness but am getting back in the Groove,LOL.

Ambowife Designs
08-28-2009, 01:11 PM
Great to see you Berny, we've missed you hun, hope you are feeling better now :)

sassyscrap
08-28-2009, 06:44 PM
so sorry to hear life is so hectic for you Melanie, I do hope it settles for you, I look forward to the heritage challenges :)

Joba2
08-29-2009, 10:08 PM
I ,too found SAS because of an interest in genealogy. All the challenges are fun but the genealogy challenges are the cornerstone for me to keep me coming back to SAS.I need to scrap my heritage.Often I skipped the heritage challenges( but I did many of them too) because for me they are harder to scrap cause I have to scan in the old photos & restore them too!! So much easier to just scrap my current digipics. But that doen't mean I wasn't interested. Quite the contrary-I always knew this is the challenges I NEED & truly WANT to do.I learned alot since first doing these challenges on how to restore old photos & am gettting more & more ready to start to digiscrap them in earnest. It would be wonderful to have a home for shared ideas on heritage scrapping. I hope this challenge is not dropped !!