PDA

View Full Version : need help with some things

88 Designs by M
04-22-2009, 07:51 PM
I am needing suggestions on how to work with grey, black and white as paper colors. I seem to have a hard time working with these so I usually try to avoid these colors. I really would like to make some boy kits so I need to get out of my box and learn to use these colors. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Thank you very much!!

melanie

Toiny
04-22-2009, 09:00 PM
Take a paper you really like, desaturate and then play with your black & white sliders in "levels"... you can always add in hints of color once you basic paper is done w/brushes.

Uh, this is assuming you use photoshop of course.

HTH's,

~Toiny

I am needing suggestions on how to work with grey, black and white as paper colors. I seem to have a hard time working with these so I usually try to avoid these colors. I really would like to make some boy kits so I need to get out of my box and learn to use these colors. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Thank you very much!!

melanie

88 Designs by M
04-24-2009, 10:22 PM
no, I don't use photoshop. I use GIMP, but I think the procedure would be the same. It is a lot like photoshop, though. I can try that. I am just trying to do some new things and some things I have always wanted to learn to do. Now I am off to put my brushes in GIMP so I can make some new papers!!

littlespooky
04-25-2009, 04:22 PM
do you have layer styles in gimp? you could add patterned and gradient overlays....etc.