PDA

View Full Version : FAQ

Toiny
06-19-2009, 11:21 AM
This program is for all you budding Designers. It is a demo program. This will allow you to see if your designs sell, and get a glimpse into life as a Designer. It is not a permanent contract with SAS.

What you get:

One month product listing in Stone Accents Studio store.
Access to our Designer Forum.
A sales report!
Some kindly constructive critism.
A paycheck.
What to do first:

Start a thread in this forum. Showcase the product you would like to sell.
Include a copy of your TOU.
What happens next:

I will pick however many budding, promising, Designers I can comfortably manage. It may be one, it may be two, it may be more. This is new to me too so bear with me.
You will need to upload, and send me, your full kit/product.
I, and my admin team, will manage store listing.
You will be listed in our newsletter, but any additional advertising (blog, etc.) will fall on you.
Your product will be listed for one month at SAS.
At the end of the month you will get CC, pay (70% commission), and a clearer understanding of what it takes to be a Designer!
Feel free to post any questions here or to PM me! Let the fun begin.

Smooches,

Toiny
SAS Owner

littlespooky
06-19-2009, 06:00 PM
what a great idea Toiny! good luck to all you budding designers out there!This program is for all you budding Designers. It is a demo program. This will allow you to see if your designs sell, and get a glimpse into life as a Designer. It is not a permanent contract with SAS.

What you get:

One month product listing in Stone Accents Studio store.
Access to our Designer Forum.
A sales report!
Some kindly constructive critism.
A paycheck.
What to do first:

Start a thread in this forum. Showcase the product you would like to sell.
Include a copy of your TOU.
What happens next:

I will pick however many budding, promising, Designers I can comfortably manage. It may be one, it may be two, it may be more. This is new to me too so bear with me.
You will need to upload, and send me, your full kit/product.
I, and my admin team, will manage store listing.
You will be listed in our newsletter, but any additional advertising (blog, etc.) will fall on you.
Your product will be listed for one month at SAS.
At the end of the month you will get CC, pay (70% commission), and a clearer understanding of what it takes to be a Designer!
Feel free to post any questions here or to PM me! Let the fun begin.

Smooches,

Toiny
SAS Owner

Ambowife Designs
06-19-2009, 07:47 PM
Fabulous opportunity for those who are sitting on the fence about selling their designs, super program Toiny!! Good luck to all of you who take up this great offer!!

Amberpony
06-19-2009, 11:31 PM
What a Great Idea wish I had something ready. :rolleyes: :D

kimberkatt
06-20-2009, 06:50 AM
Fantastic opportunity! Wish I knew how to design! LOL!

Good luck to those that choose to take advantage! :D

zzaa_za
06-23-2009, 10:25 AM
Wow!
Maybe I should do some designing, hehe. :D

Toiny
06-23-2009, 10:39 AM
You are more than welcome May! Just need one complete something for me to add in the store... If it does well, you might want to make more:D

zzaa_za
06-23-2009, 01:22 PM
I am now starting to create a kit.
Not sure how it's going to work but anyway it's quite fun.:D

I have some questions.
When we save the file in png format, there's a png 8 and png 24, which one should I choose? (normally, I choose png24)
The second question is, how dose it count to be a normal kit (numbers of papers and elements)?

Thank you

Toiny
06-23-2009, 01:38 PM
How fun! YAY May!

Save in png-24, it allows for a greater color range in the saved file, and better resolution when printed.

Likewise, when you save your 300 dpi jpeg files save at least at "10" High to retain the proper printing resolution.

Kit size & price vary.

Standard elements are 20-40 elements
Standard paper is 12-20

Someone correct me if I'm wrong:D

What is most important is the quality, the design and the uniqueness. If you take only the free CU products out there and recolor & call it a day... no one is going to jump up & down with excitement.

GOOD LUCK!

Toiny

I am now starting to create a kit.
Not sure how it's going to work but anyway it's quite fun.:D

I have some questions.
When we save the file in png format, there's a png 8 and png 24, which one should I choose? (normally, I choose png24)
The second question is, how dose it count to be a normal kit (numbers of papers and elements)?

Thank you

88 Designs by M
06-23-2009, 03:36 PM
I have had to lear now to use some of the stuff I have to make my own CU items. I have a few ribbons that I am starting to use. I started there since ribbons are the easier of the items to extract. I am working on some flowers and stuff like that so that I can have a bigger variety to use. I also do a lot of doodling and drawing. I have used some of the items I have drawn to make some things in my kits. I was very proud of myself for the part of the Mega kit for July that I made. I used very little CU stuff other than overlays. I am still learning how to do those!! I even extracted flowers from some pictures myself!! I am excited about that!! But, we all have to start somewhere. It takes practice and the want to learn how to do something. Good luck to all who take part in this opportunity!!

kimberkatt
06-23-2009, 05:09 PM
I've been suppressing my inner design-bug for quite some time now... I usually just start creating willy-nilly and almost always end up trashing the end result... But, it's good practice on how to manipulate shapes/colors/brushes into something useable! I dream of the day that I will have the time to devote to designing... :D

littlespooky
06-23-2009, 05:57 PM
go for it KimberKatt! maybe for the fun of it i will put some in...if i'm not too busy blinkercising..lol

Toiny
06-23-2009, 06:19 PM
You know Kim, even if you come up with just one kit a month.... as long as it's a good, quality kit, people will come.

Over & over I hear that people would rather wait & buy a quality, unique product than from a Designer who produces new, same-old-same-old, every week.

So design! Do it on your time, enjoy each little bit you create and when you have a whole kit... you know where to find me.

T

I've been suppressing my inner design-bug for quite some time now... I usually just start creating willy-nilly and almost always end up trashing the end result... But, it's good practice on how to manipulate shapes/colors/brushes into something useable! I dream of the day that I will have the time to devote to designing... :D

zzaa_za
06-23-2009, 10:35 PM
Hey!!!!
I just want you to have a look of some stuffs, I create, mostly papers because it's the easiest for me, hehe. I'll make more then will have to choose them before putting it together in the kit. I'll take my time, creating the kit.

I'll try to create most of the elements myself, but may have to use some CU as well.

Here's the example of papers I made.

http://i618.photobucket.com/albums/tt265/janice_scrap/PapersForExample.jpg

Does it looks okay???

Come'on Kimberkatt, let's give a try. Toiny gave as a chance, so let's grab it. :D

Mitsybelle
06-23-2009, 11:52 PM
I love your papers May :)

zzaa_za
06-24-2009, 12:05 AM
Thank you Jeanette! :)

OH! I haven't start to scrap anything today, just busy working on the kit.
I've just finished extract one flower.

Amberpony
06-24-2009, 01:37 AM
Nice Job on the Papers May!

kimberkatt
06-24-2009, 07:39 AM
you know what... I may just have to take Toiny up on this offer! Of course, if I design the way I scrap, it could take me a loooonnnnnggggg time!!! LOL!!

May, love the papers! Great job!! :D

Amberpony
06-24-2009, 03:29 PM
I am Itchin to Give this a Try. :rolleyes:
I am just so bad at picking a Color Palette. Then there is sticking To it. LOL
Is this a Create your own stuff kind of thing or Alter CU items to make them Special?

littlespooky
06-24-2009, 03:49 PM
May your papers are gorgeous! love them! oooh!
Dianna there are sites around that have color pallette that others make
here are a few
http://www.colourlovers.com/palettes/top
http://www.colorcombos.com/
http://www.colorcombos.com/
http://www.colorhunter.com/
happy scrappy!

Amberpony
06-25-2009, 01:19 AM
Hmm Thanks for the info!
I will have to check them out on my next rest day :D

88 Designs by M
06-25-2009, 09:13 AM
I like to choose a pallete that has more than 5 colors. It seems to help me stick to the pallete a lot better and makes things a lot more fun!! I love those papers, May. I may have to get with you to see how to do that. I have been wanting to learn how to do the soft effect like what you have. PM me later and let me know how you did them like that!! Diana, I have found a few other color scheme sites that offer palletes with more than 5 colors. What I do sometimes, if I see a picture or even the preview of a kit that I really like the colors in, I will save it. If you do, then you can go to www.colr.org. It is spelled that way. You can upload the picture and it will generate color swatches from the image you uploaded. Or, you can go through random images to get swatches.

AJR65
06-25-2009, 11:50 AM
If only I had more time in the day. With working 40 hours a week, housekeeping etc. I never have enough time. Maybe I will make something someday, Already busy photographing flowers and such

littlespooky
06-25-2009, 04:57 PM
I hear you girl! we will be stating overtime at the end of July...luckily my DH handles the household chores because he is disabled..he is my housewife..he nags like one too! lolIf only I had more time in the day. With working 40 hours a week, housekeeping etc. I never have enough time. Maybe I will make something someday, Already busy photographing flowers and such

Amberpony
06-25-2009, 05:02 PM
Thanks Melaine.
I am itchin to play but I better pop out a couple of CT LOs first and get them Spread around like I agreed to do. :D

With all the traveling, Baby Goats and Sick Goats I seem to be a little behind LOL

But I decided to grab a couple of days rest & to my surprise I got Really Interested in this Thread. :eek: LOL

kimberkatt
06-25-2009, 05:47 PM
oh, if only there were 5 more free-to-do-what-ever-I-want hours to a day... that would be heaven! :p

Amberpony
06-25-2009, 06:50 PM
I picked a name for a Kit does that Count LOL
now I need some colors :cool:

kimeric
06-25-2009, 11:41 PM
wow, this sounds great! I'm wondering if there is a date to have them posted by? and would we just post them here in this thread? anybody know?

zzaa_za
06-26-2009, 12:11 AM
wow, this sounds great! I'm wondering if there is a date to have them posted by? and would we just post them here in this thread? anybody know?

I am not sure about the date. I only know that I will take my time to do it.
And now my project has expanded. The papers you saw, I put it in one pack which will have only papers. I even got a name for it already, also for the kit, hehe.

I have a look at the site Melanie gave the link. It'g gorgeous! I really like it. So if you want to find your color scheme, just go there with a picture you like the colors and you'll get yours.

michellemarie
06-26-2009, 02:38 AM
I wanna play! I've been getting Stone Accents Studio newsletters for some time now, bought stuff but hadn't registered in the forum yet. I am a very new designer. But I do have a couple of kits almost done and I would love to try here! Here's a preview of my Oh So Pretty kit so far. How do we sign up?
http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs102.snc1/4758_1113382827845_1025137808_30320805_2042649_n.j pg (http://shellymariescraps.blogspot.com):)

Mitsybelle
06-26-2009, 03:56 AM
Oh wow, how exciting this thread is, I don't think there are any dates as this is just a great opportunity for new Designers to see how things work and what it takes to be a Designer ..... :D:D:D

kimberkatt
06-26-2009, 09:33 AM
oh, this is gorgeous! You start your own thread with a preview of the product you want to test and Toiny will be in to fill in the rest! :D Good luck!!

I wanna play! I've been getting Stone Accents Studio newsletters for some time now, bought stuff but hadn't registered in the forum yet. I am a very new designer. But I do have a couple of kits almost done and I would love to try here! Here's a preview of my Oh So Pretty kit so far. How do we sign up?
http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/uu51/shellymariescraps/preview.jpg (http://shellymariescraps.blogspot.com):)

kimberkatt
06-26-2009, 09:35 AM
As far as I know, there are no dates... it's a work-at-your-own pace type of thing! Once you have a product you would like to test, start your own thread with a preview and Toiny will take it from there! :D

Toiny
06-26-2009, 09:42 AM
Michelle, that is gorgeous! And you are now officially signed up... please check your PM for a note from me.

Smooches,

Toiny

:)

88 Designs by M
06-26-2009, 04:08 PM
that is really pretty!! Looks like we have our first participant.

littlespooky
06-26-2009, 05:43 PM
very pretty kit Michellemarie! love the elegant frame and the cool bow with the dangling gromet and i really like your butterflies! would you like to make a trade? i will make you a blinkie for you and you can give me your kit? seriously!!! can't wait to see more of your stuff!!!

littlespooky
06-26-2009, 05:44 PM
Hurry up May i want to see the rest of your kit! i simply love the papers!!!can't wait to see the elements.

number128
06-26-2009, 08:18 PM
Hi
I'd love to give this a try, I'm a wannabeeeeee designer, who spends way tooooo much time dreaming about what I'd like to create and not enough time actually doing it.

So this may just be the give it a go prod that I need.

I enjoyed participating in the makeover, it certainly gave me opportunity to learn some new tricks.

thanks for the opportunity to participate.
Sue

littlespooky
06-26-2009, 08:27 PM
yeah! Sue..you go girl..get started! can't wait to see your kit!

zzaa_za
06-27-2009, 01:53 PM
Hey!!!!

I've just finished my first kit. (actually it's my second :p)
It's completely different from what you've seen.
Those papers are kept for another kit (or maybe just a paper pack).

Do I have to start a new thread or can I just post it here?

kimberkatt
06-27-2009, 03:59 PM
Yay! May, I would start a new thread so you don't get lost in this one! :D

mistimus
06-30-2009, 05:43 PM
I'm so excited! This is such a fantastic way to "feel it out". When will the choosing happen?

kimberkatt
06-30-2009, 06:28 PM
Misty, I think it's pretty much up for whomever wants to try it out! Make a new thread with the product you wish to "test" and Toiny will PM you all the details! :)

michellemarie
07-01-2009, 02:28 AM
very pretty kit Michellemarie! love the elegant frame and the cool bow with the dangling gromet and i really like your butterflies! would you like to make a trade? i will make you a blinkie for you and you can give me your kit? seriously!!! can't wait to see more of your stuff!!!

LOL just read this! I will definitely want a trade! I've only made one blinkie. Very slow painful process for me so far. haha:D

Amberpony
07-06-2009, 01:25 AM
thanks For the Kick In The Fanny Toiny!!!
I have actually made a bunch of papers and 1 element to match mostly all from Scratch. Yeah Me!

Thanks Everyone!

Here I was worried about colors and all I had to do was take a picture of Gods Creations and just like that I have colors to work with :D

Mitsybelle
07-06-2009, 02:25 AM
Well that's the best color palette in the world Diana, you shouldn't have any problems there :)

Amberpony
07-06-2009, 08:39 PM
I am looking for A Link from last years Birthday Bash Designer Contest.
This Thread had a list of the amount of element & Papers to put in a kit.
The Standards for Mini Kit and Kit and Mega Kit.

Maybe one of our Fearless Leaders could copy and paste this info to a New Thread Here ;) Please..........

88 Designs by M
07-06-2009, 11:22 PM
It depends on if you are making a mini kit or a regular kit. I try to put at least 15-20 papers when making a regular kit and no more than 10 papers on a mini kit. I can't offer much advice on the elements. I try to put plenty of elements in my kits, but just not the same ones in different colors. Just about the only thing I will do in several colors of the same element is the brads or gems. I like to have all the colors in those, but everything else, I just try to make different items.

michellemarie
07-06-2009, 11:29 PM
I was wondering that, too, about kit sizes. I had heard that you should always have at least twice as many elements than paper? And what size kits are usually selling better?

zzaa_za
07-06-2009, 11:36 PM
Yes! I try to put new elements in each kit but what I can think of is just flowers, leaves, bows, ribbons, brads, journaling stuffs, tags, beadspills, buttons. :rolleyes:

Ambowife Designs
07-07-2009, 02:39 AM
Check out this thread for some ideas
http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=43611#post43611

naz1996
07-07-2009, 07:43 AM
What a fab idea! I have to freebie kits up on my blog 3rd one coming. 2 of these are a blog train. I'll work on my next one and post a review up. Fantactiv idea, Thx so much for this exciting opportunity.

Amberpony
07-07-2009, 06:22 PM
Thanks for the list in the new thread. :)

Check out this thread for some ideas
http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=43611#post43611

kimberkatt
07-28-2009, 08:50 AM
Hey Toiny, my dear! I have a question that's been asked by a few on another site....

Is this program only for Kit designers? Or can Template designers or Wordart/Alpha designers play, too?

Thanks! :)

Of course, if they are allowed, I may have something up soon! ;) Trying to make my first Kit is going to take awhile! I only have a few papers so far and I'm starting on my first elements now! :p At this rate, it should be finished sometime next year! LOL!

But, templates I can do! :D

Marcie
08-10-2009, 06:42 PM
Michelle Marie just told me about this. Like her I get your newsletter and have done some shopping in the shop. I'm new to designing and would love to try this out. Lots to learn and I like what I've been able to do so far. Let me finish the kit I'm working on now and I will post it. Give me about a week or so if you don't hear from me, you'll know I'm deep into photoshop. :)

Toiny
08-10-2009, 08:31 PM
Yep any Designers... you never know until you try. And that's for the store as well as the Designers.

Smooches,

T

Hey Toiny, my dear! I have a question that's been asked by a few on another site....

Is this program only for Kit designers? Or can Template designers or Wordart/Alpha designers play, too?

Thanks! :)

Of course, if they are allowed, I may have something up soon! ;) Trying to make my first Kit is going to take awhile! I only have a few papers so far and I'm starting on my first elements now! :p At this rate, it should be finished sometime next year! LOL!

But, templates I can do! :D

Toiny
08-10-2009, 08:34 PM
Awesome Marcie! Start your own thread when you are ready... or check out the Next Designer contest. You might want to do both. I have to warn, you the Next Designer contest is intense. It is a lot of work in a short amount of time, but it does give a fairly realistic experience of what it is like to be a Designer. At least in the beginning when there is so much to learn, so many commitments.

Either, both, will give you a ton of new information you can put to good use in your Designing career.

Smooches,

T

Michelle Marie just told me about this. Like her I get your newsletter and have done some shopping in the shop. I'm new to designing and would love to try this out. Lots to learn and I like what I've been able to do so far. Let me finish the kit I'm working on now and I will post it. Give me about a week or so if you don't hear from me, you'll know I'm deep into photoshop. :)

kimberkatt
08-11-2009, 06:43 AM
Thanks Toiny! I will pass on the info! :)

Marcie
08-11-2009, 08:29 AM
Awesome Marcie! Start your own thread when you are ready... or check out the Next Designer contest. You might want to do both. I have to warn, you the Next Designer contest is intense. It is a lot of work in a short amount of time, but it does give a fairly realistic experience of what it is like to be a Designer. At least in the beginning when there is so much to learn, so many commitments.

Either, both, will give you a ton of new information you can put to good use in your Designing career.

Smooches,

T

Thanks T. I will look into that when it comes up. Timing may just be a problem for me. I've got two little kids so they take up a good deal of time. :) I'm so excited though to be giving this a try!

geswho40
04-10-2010, 01:46 PM
Is this still going on?

kimberkatt
04-10-2010, 02:08 PM
Hi there!

Yes, the New Designer Program is still available! If you have something you would like to try out, just start a new thread with your previews and Toiny will get to you as soon as she can! She's in Amsterdam this weekend, so it probably won't be until next week sometime! :)

geswho40
04-10-2010, 04:38 PM
OK, TY. I'm just sort of playing around right now and working on my first ever kit (eeeek). Not sure if the quality would be good enough to sell, but would love to interact with others who are just starting out. I'm working with a program sort of like this one at another site, but they might be just different enough that i could pick up some things the other site left out : )
Thanks for your reply

Ambowife Designs
04-11-2010, 03:51 AM
Can't wait to see what you come up with :)