PDA

View Full Version : I am NOT having a good time!

kimberkatt
07-18-2009, 08:44 AM
Not only did I just get over the flu, but my refrigerator crapped the bed on Wednesday!! :rolleyes:

By the time I realized there was a problem, it was too late! My freezer was completely defrosted, melting ice cubes and all, and the fridge was getting warmer and warmer by the minute!

I have a coffin freezer that I frantically stuffed with what I thought I could salvage and a small dorm-size fridge down in the basement from my college days, that I stuffed until I couldn't stuff anymore... but, I still lost a lot of food that needs replacing! :rolleyes:

And today is Saturday... and still no fridge!!!!!! I won't even get into all the details... my fridge is only 4 years old, covered under warranty... but they made me WAIT until FRIDAY to come and assess the problem!!!! It needs a new compressor which has to be ordered and may take UP TO TWO WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Suffice it to say, I was NOT a happy camper and they knew it! So, they are coming with a "rental" refrigerator this morning for me to use until they can fix the other one... no charge, of course... pretty much because I told them they could stick it!!!! :p

I don't think I will ever do business with another Maytag company again! They were rude, uncaring people!! I'll leave it at that before my truck-driver mouth gets me in trouble!! :D

Monika
07-20-2009, 11:26 PM
OMGOSH Kim, sounds like you had it!
Refrigerators tend to give up in the middle of the summer, NOT during winter when you could bury the food in the snow :eek:
Did you try to lock yourself in the closet and scream?
I hope you'll feel better as soon as the replacement fridge arrives!
((Hugs))

Amberpony
07-21-2009, 01:37 AM
OH I am so sorry about your Fridge. Those that have the power to ease our lifes seemed to care not these days. When I bought my house and had no appliances they me wait 1 month for my new fridge and stove. :eek: luckily someone loaned me a trailer that had working appliances. Of course they informed me of the wait after I paid for them. :mad:

What happened to the Maytag Repair Man anyways, oh wait he dropped over dead from Frustration!!!!!!!!!!!! ( not meant to be mean to the poor guy)

Thanks for the Grunt...;)

kimberkatt
07-21-2009, 06:45 AM
Thanks guys... it was really frustrating, I know the repair man can't do anything about the wait from ordering the part, but to act like you don't care and that I'm "bothering" them with this issue, was uncalled for!

I swear, if he had sighed and rolled his eyes one more time, I was going to slap him! LOL!

Not once did I get a "Geez, I'm really sorry about this" or even a solution... I had to DEMAND they give me another fridge to use, and they just seemed annoyed with the whole situation! :rolleyes:

Stinks for them, cuz I pretty much told everyone I know about it, so bad "word-of-mouth" publicity is going to hurt them! :p

kimberkatt
07-21-2009, 06:47 AM
Oh, Monika... I was thinking the same thing... Why couldn't this have happened in the Winter when I could have made an ice box with all the snow! :p :D

msghd
07-21-2009, 02:14 PM
Geez, sorry you have to go through all of this on top of being sick. :( Why is it that customer service these days has gone downhill I used to be an operator and remember when people would call in to complain or really need help? I had no way of getting personal information or things like that but I always tried my best and stayed on the phone until someone picked up that could help the person in need. :rolleyes: My supervisor wasn't always happy that I took a little longer with some calls than she thought I should but I wanted to help people out not just "ok where can I dump them at." I just hate it when a company knows that they may have to replace a part or something why don't they have it on hand. Wouldn't they figure that helping a customer out and very timely would be better than giving them grief and being rude? ;) Anyway hope your rental comes soon.

Mitsybelle
07-21-2009, 11:53 PM
Oh that is so bad Kimberly, I'd be screaming too :mad: All that wasted food .... Are they paying for that too???

littlespooky
07-22-2009, 03:40 PM
oooh Kimmy! i see i am not the only one with bad luck! that really stinks...i don't know what is up with people anymore, they just don't care to be nice anymore or to actually care..i hope you had some choice words for them..i had to laugh at your trucker mouth..i always say that to my friend that i have a trucker mouth and she says her husband is a trucker and he doesn't talk like that so she says i swear like a sailor instead ..lol