PDA

View Full Version : Being a mom....

Toiny
07-30-2009, 11:25 AM
is challenging.

I got new contacts. A whole box-full. I wore two, I have two eyes after all, and a couple of days later lost one in the shower. Back to the box I go. All the little bubble packs are ripped open & empty.

I blame the baby. He says sorry. I google "eating contact lenses" and similar to see if he's possibly, seriously damaged from eating the gummy's. A couple days pass. I realize they were out of the baby's reach. I turn to Tess(8).

Having taken the how-to-be-a-mommy class several times now I don't give her a chance to deny, just a chance to tell me why. And why????

"So my stuffies could see better." Yeah. Because teddy bears & blue spotted giraffes need contact lenses.

Anyone else? Share me a my-kids-are-special story so I'm not alone.

Toiny

darlingina
07-31-2009, 11:35 AM
hehee..... so very cute! Gotta lovem!

kimberkatt
07-31-2009, 01:09 PM
OMG! LOL! Are you reading my mind today, or what? I just posted this in the private backroom, but I have no qualms about sharing it openly! :p

Here goes my story:

My son(4), daughter(3) & I outside playing in the pool. Daughter happily swimming, son gets out and comes over to me.

Son: "Mommy, I'm cold"
Mom: "Here, take your towel"

{wraps towel around him & proceeds to sit his wet butt on my dry leg :rolleyes: }

Son: "Mommy, I'm thirsty!"
Mom: "You just had juice, you can have more later."
Son: "Mommy, I'm getting hungry"
Mom: "You just ate lunch, you should not be hungry. Why don't you swim some more?"
Son: "I don't like to swim. It's too cold."
Mom: "What do you want to do?"

{big grin starts to appear on his face}

Son: "I want to tickle Mommy!"

{proceeds to "tickle" me in my armpit!}

Mom: {laughing} "Stop, stop!"

{Son abruptly stops and stands looking at me, puzzled}

Mom: "What's wrong?"
Son: "Uh, I felt something."
Mom: "What?!" :confused:

{Son lifts up Mom's arm and peers in}

Son: "Mommy! You're furry under there!! Are you gonna be a dog?!" :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

And so, I suppose, I must shave the armpits everyday now so I don't freak out my son!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:D :p

Ambowife Designs
07-31-2009, 01:23 PM
LOL life is always interesting with little ones in the house. Thanks for the giggles girls :)
You brightened my morning :D

Jean Ann
07-31-2009, 02:03 PM
You ladies are too funny - no I guess it's the kids. Anyway you put some laughter into my afternoon. Kids say and do the darndest things

naz1996
07-31-2009, 04:31 PM
lol @ you girls!! I haven't had anything funny happened to me lately lol! boring household here.......

littlespooky
07-31-2009, 04:38 PM
i can't wait till jakey gets older so he can embarress us..lol! i have a funny one...this little guy i was watching at a daycare i woked at comes up to me and tell me that they have roaches at their house. itold him that he shouldn't be telling people that..i then found out from his Mom the teacher that they were raising them for a school project..lol!

kimberkatt
07-31-2009, 04:56 PM
HAHAHAHHA @ the roaches story!!!

My son told a man at the supermarket: "Mommy doesn't wash the dishes until they hit the roof" (totally repeating my husband! :rolleyes: )

Which is SO NOT TRUE! :mad: They're about 10" away from the roof!! :rolleyes: :p

naz1996
07-31-2009, 05:03 PM
haha! only 10" kimberly??? :P I have dishes to wash tonite but i don't know what i'm doing sitting here checking msges! I am trying hard to think of something funny for you girls but nothing'a coming toi my mind lol!

littlespooky
07-31-2009, 05:13 PM
the one day i was at a grocery store, i am 6 feet tall...and a full figured woman...eek! well back to story.this little boy let's say about 4 years old looks up to me craning his neck and says...wooooooaaaaah! i was hysterical!!! his poor mother was totally embaressed...i said it was okay and i got a kick out of it..i said i am probably taller than his daddy, which i was was...i still chuckle about it when i think of it...

Mitsybelle
07-31-2009, 05:41 PM
Oh Carmen, my DD did that when I was shopping one day, this 'very large' lady, in all directions,was behind us at the checkout and my DD said 'wow mum ... that's a BIG lady', I quietly wispered to her 'yes sweetie, she's very tall' ... now very loudly she said so everyone could hear and with arms exagerating 'no mum, THAT'S A BIG LADY' ...

I could have just disappeared right then and there I was soooo embarrassed, the lady by the way just smiled, I really felt for her :o:o:o gotta love those kids

littlespooky
07-31-2009, 08:12 PM
lol! kids!!!Oh Carmen, my DD did that when I was shopping one day, this 'very large' lady, in all directions,was behind us at the checkout and my DD said 'wow mum ... that's a BIG lady', I quietly wispered to her 'yes sweetie, she's very tall' ... now very loudly she said so everyone could hear and with arms exagerating 'no mum, THAT'S A BIG LADY' ...

I could have just disappeared right then and there I was soooo embarrassed, the lady by the way just smiled, I really felt for her :o:o:o gotta love those kids

88 Designs by M
07-31-2009, 10:34 PM
Where do I start???? Seeing how I have almost 4 year old boy/girl twins, I have seen and heard everything!!! One of my favorite ones is the day my son said something about when I was baptized. I was baptized back in June when I joined the church I attend now. The twins were running around asking why I got "badtized". I guess they didn't get the word baptized. So one day, my little boy asked me why I wasn't "goodtized:!! I thought my mom was going to hit the floor laughing!! I had to tell the pastor that one. Just this past Sunday, my older son was saying something about the clouds and the sun and heaven and stuff like that. Ashley rings in and started asking questions about heaven. Then, her next question was, "Mommy, you can't get to heaven on an airplane, can you???" My aunt started crying, she was laughing so hard. It is an everyday thing around our house!!

Amberpony
08-02-2009, 12:51 AM
LOL
You Girls Are Funny
Soooo Where are the memory pages that go with these Funny Life Stories.
After All they will date one day and we will want to embarrass them at some point. LOL

kimberkatt
08-02-2009, 06:49 AM
Diana.... did you read my mind?!!! I was just going through my pics to find ones that will fit with the story! I was going to use my "speech bubble" template that was the PB for the template challenge last month... but, I had to stop because I have to get the template for THIS month done before Carmen comes & spanks me! :p

SkrapperDigitals
08-02-2009, 07:59 AM
oh my gosh toiny! that is an AWESOME story! totally worthy of a scrapbook page! rofl rofl rofl (at the same time i feel your pain for the expense of the contact lenses,...:-( lol awwww.. stuffies... lol

Toiny
08-02-2009, 11:47 AM
*SNORT* coffee came out my nose this morning... thanks!

And Mel, that reminds me. This is not my kid, but my girlfriends little girl (1 day older than Tess but 4 when this happened):

They are in church and the priest is getting the sacrament ready. Everyone is prayerful & quiet. And Kelly pipes up, in that beautiful, loud, clear young voice that so easily rises up above everything let alone a quiet voice:

"That man is pouring himself a DRINK"

T

kimberkatt
08-02-2009, 04:04 PM
OMG!!!! so, I go to the supermarket today, with the kids, and while checking out there is this man standing against the back wall. He was covered in soot and wearing construction type clothes.... and my daughter says (she is NOT quiet at all!!!)

"Mommy, that man over there needs to take a BAAATH! Yuck!"

I think I turned about 50 shades of red! :rolleyes:

Jean Ann
08-02-2009, 07:02 PM
These would make great memory pages or brag books to present to them at their high school graduation or on their wedding day. For my oldest daughter I did it for her wedding day and my youngest daughter for her hs graduation. They didn't appreciate it on the spot but they did after.

shabba
08-04-2009, 01:43 PM
My daughter Mara was allmost 3 years old when she was being naughty I I told her to go to her room. So she did. I did not hear from her anymore so at dinnertime I told her she could come down. Then she said: Mommy, sending me to my room is not a good punishment! There I can just play! It works much better if you'd just hit me next time....

So my little girl was telling me how to raise her!!!!!

And she was just two and a bit and very interested in baby's because she just got a baby brother She asked me: baby;s grow in your belly, don't they? So I said yes. Then she said...how do they come out? Through a hole? So I said yes again. Then she asked me: do you have a hole in your belly? So I told her that I was lucky and I didn't need a hole in my belly, because my baby came out through a hole under my belly. That was the end of a difficult conversation, at least...that's what I thought. A week later all of a sudden she said: If baby's come out a through a hole....then how do they get in????
Because she had just turned two I found I had no choice but saying I would explain that to her when she would be a bit older. I have to explain Mara is a very clever girl, so she was very young asking these questions. When I was pregnant with Wessel she was only 18 months old and I was reading her books about how a baby in your belly develops (things like...now the kidneys are developing)

kimberkatt
08-04-2009, 01:50 PM
LOL Sharon! That is just adorable! I can't send my kids to their room's either because they have more toys up there than they do down here in the family room! I swear I can open up my own toy store here! :rolleyes:

Took my DD to the doctor's today for her 3 year checkup... she tells the DR. that she won't go poop on the potty because it's more fun to go in her pants! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

shabba
08-11-2009, 12:18 PM
I've got an other one from this weekend! My mother in law was staying with us and all of a sudden she became very ill. We took her to a doctor who diagnosed a kidneystone. Sanne (3) was very worried...so yesterday she told her grandmother: Granny, Don't eat stones anymore! They are not good for you!

Mitsybelle
08-12-2009, 02:29 AM
I've got an other one from this weekend! My mother in law was staying with us and all of a sudden she became very ill. We took her to a doctor who diagnosed a kidneystone. Sanne (3) was very worried...so yesterday she told her grandmother: Granny, Don't eat stones anymore! They are not good for you!

Oh Sharon that's a good one :D

Sillyscrapper
08-18-2009, 10:45 PM
Ohh that is sooooooooooo cute - -lol.

kimberkatt
09-24-2009, 12:14 PM
Oh, my daughter is a trip!

We've been doing the potty training thing... she's been having accidents with #2! :rolleyes:

Yesterday, she comes to me and says......

"Mommy! Look at me! I have a giant meatball in my pants!!"

You can guess what the giant meatball was..... soooo not fun to clean up! :rolleyes:

Raggedy Renee Designs
09-24-2009, 05:35 PM
Ahhh the joys of potty training :eek: .. I gotta laugh at the giant meatball though !lol

Marcie
09-24-2009, 07:53 PM
meatball. Oh I love that one. I'm right with you though on the potty training. My son is a little older than 2 1/2 some days are better than others. Well to get him to be better, i've started bribing him (I know not so good). Everytime he uses the potty he gets a toy car (we have tons!:rolleyes:) If he uses his diaper I get 2 cars. we are almost to the point now that I'm not giving them to him but once a day. it is working so well because although he was motatived before if he was busy forget it. So this keeps it in his mind. Oh and bad behavior I get two cars. I need to stay ahead of him!

Now I know have some funny ones too, but I can only think of this one for now. My daughter was upstairs playing one day while I was cleaning (I know who does that?). I'm finished and hollar up if she'd like to go outside and play. She does and comes down. I was grabbing her a snack and asked her to put her shoes on and I'd be right there. She said okay, I've already got my hat on. I was impressed she got it on and then I can out of the kitchen and had to do everything I possible could to not laugh. She had put her pull up diaper on her head with her face peeking out the leg hole. :eek::eek::D I grabbed the camera on the way and got a few shots of her and it is scrapped too!!! (oh she was potty trained by age 2 so she was about 1 1/2)

Raggedy Renee Designs
09-24-2009, 09:28 PM
^^ Awww that would be a cute photo to scrap !

I see you're from PA , I'm a keystone girl to :D .

Marcie
09-24-2009, 09:31 PM
It was. Here's the best part since I print a book of my kids every year, my daughter was recently going through that album. Saw the layout and said hey why do I have a diaper on my head? I told her she thought it was a hat. She looked at me and said no it's a diaper. Well duh!

Yes I am in PA. Whereabouts are you? I'm near Harrisburg.

Renee
09-25-2009, 03:22 PM
I have a 7 years old son who has trouble writing his words at school. So he has to practice every morning.He truly makes the most horrable mistakes.
A girl is sitting in front of him, who also has to practice. She makes a mistake and the teacher (a woman) is coming to help her, but before she can start to explane, my son tells this girl exactly what she's doing wrong and how she should write the words. He can't even write his own properly!!

kimberkatt
09-25-2009, 03:47 PM
Marcie, I know exactly what you mean with the bribes! Unfortunately, they don't work with the daughter! :rolleyes: Worked great with the Son, he was potty trained a few months before he turned 3! Daughter, on the other hand, will be 3 1/2 and still has accidents with #2! I think she's afraid for some reason... and, she will hold it for 2-3 days before she lets herself go! :eek: I don't know how she does it... but, she is getting better, so maybe before she turns 4 she'll stop with the accidents! :rolleyes: :p

As far as crazy hats go.... my son used to walk around with my husbands tighty-whitey undies on his head and a sock in his mouth! LOL! Yes... they were clean! :p Now, daughter takes my bra's and uses them as decorative head wear! :rolleyes: They love to play "dress-up" and will put just about anything they find on! It's too funny sometimes, especially when my son is walking around in his undies, with my poofy purple scarf & Dad's winter boots! Or... wait... I need to dig out this picture I have.... I'll be right back.... LOL!

kimberkatt
09-25-2009, 03:49 PM
I have a 7 years old son who has trouble writing his words at school. So he has to practice every morning.He truly makes the most horrable mistakes.
A girl is sitting in front of him, who also has to practice. She makes a mistake and the teacher (a woman) is coming to help her, but before she can start to explane, my son tells this girl exactly what she's doing wrong and how she should write the words. He can't even write his own properly!!

teeheee... aren't kids funny sometimes?! That's cute! :D

kimberkatt
09-25-2009, 06:23 PM
Okay, check these out... This is my son, buck naked, wearing two different boots (which are mine, BTW!), playing his guitar.... :p The first pic is a little blurry, sorry 'bout that... I was using one of those disposable cameras! hehehe... He's 2 1/2 in these pics, July '07

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k62/kimberkatt/07-05-2007-33.jpg http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k62/kimberkatt/07-05-2007-34.jpg

ChristinaP
09-25-2009, 06:53 PM
He is so cute!!

ChristinaP
09-25-2009, 08:26 PM
So my almost 4 year old comes up to me this evening and says "smell my finger mom" all I can say is that it didn't smell like roses.

Marcie
09-25-2009, 10:27 PM
He's adorable!

Marcie
09-25-2009, 10:28 PM
So my almost 4 year old comes up to me this evening and says "smell my finger mom" all I can say is that it didn't smell like roses.

LOL. I'm so gald it was you and not me. Please tell my son won't do that, please?:rolleyes:

kimberkatt
09-26-2009, 06:49 AM
oops... well, I guess there was too much butt cheek showing in the first picture... LOL! :p

Yeah, we get all the disgusting stuff over here too, it's inevitable with a 4 year old! :rolleyes:

kimberkatt
11-08-2009, 02:34 PM
I have to share my two funnies from this weekend:

Daughter (3.5 years old)
"Look Mom-Mom (what she calls me now!)... I have flowers on my dress!"
Mom Says: They're very pretty! How many flowers are there?
"One, Two, Three! There's FIVE of them!!" (yes, there were only 3!) :rolleyes:

Son (almost 5 years old)
Playing nice with his army men-the sister comes over and tramples them all! He grunts and says "Get out of here Trinity!" He comes over to me and says:

"Mom! I don't want my sister in America anymore! Maybe we can, you know, ship her to another planet or something?" (He was so serious, and it was sooooo hard not to laugh!)