PDA

View Full Version : Sign-Up for the Annual SAS Designer Contest 2009

Toiny
08-06-2009, 06:36 PM
Please sign-up here if you are interested in WINNING a spot on our SAS Design Team. Sign-ups end September 1, 2009. Contest begins September 1, 2009. Each round will require the creation of a mini kit. The exact specifications will be announced at the beginning of each round. No kit will require more than 10 papers or 20 elements, most will require less.

Each round will have requirements & rules, announced at the beginning of the round.
Based on sign-ups, elimination numbers and number of contestants moving forward will be posted at the beginning of each round.
Round 1 information will be posted September 1, 2009.
Round 1 kit will be due September 6, 2009 by 3:00 pm EST.
Round 1 Results will be posted September 10, 2009.
Round 2 information will be posted September 10, 2009.
Round 2 kit will be due September 15, 2009 by 3:00 pm EST.
Round 2 Results will be posted September 18, 2009.
Round 3 information will be posted September 18, 2009.
Round 3 kit will be due September 22, 2009 by 3:00 pm EST.
Round 3 results will be posted September 25, 2009.
Round 4 information will be posted September 25, 2009.
Round 4 kit will be due September 29, 2009 by 3:00 pm EST.
The WINNERS will be announced September 30, 2009.
Anyone may join. You may already be selling in one or more stores. You do not need to be selling in any stores. Enthusiasm, desire, creativity are all that are required. This will not be anonymous. Please use this opportunity to proudly wave your name, your brand, your designs!

Final decision is made by the SAS Design Team. I will put up a FAQ as questions come in:) Feel free to post them or ask me via PM.

Smooches!

Toiny
SAS Owner

Ambowife Designs
08-06-2009, 07:26 PM
Come on everyone, sign up!! Last year's contest was sooo much fun, some of our best SAS designers made their start from this contest!! So give it a go. You'll meet some lovely people along the way too!! :D

Mitsybelle
08-06-2009, 08:15 PM
Oh for sure, a little healthy Competition is great .... you'll learn lots of new stuff and like Tracy said, meet the nicest people too :)

Charlie's Digiscraps
08-07-2009, 12:06 AM
Hey ladies just dropping by to wish you all a happy Birthady and wish all those entering the comp the best of luck..it was thge comp I enterd too last year and was the best learning experience..i learnt so much a nd still rave about it to everyone..SAS was also one of my first stores and love all the ladies here.I have entered a number of comps over tha last year..and I must say this one is the best learning one...come join in..you won't regret it!!!!!
Charlie ***

Flower Scraps
08-07-2009, 12:06 AM
Oooh - I want to do this!!! I am having a baby around Sept 17th - so it may get rough (assuming I make it that far!!) but will you still let me try!!?!?!?! :)

Veelana
08-07-2009, 12:48 AM
Sign me up, please!
I sell at scrapbird at the moment, but I'm always up for a challenge! I would love to do this and see how far I get!

Lizard Dau Designs
08-07-2009, 01:03 AM
ooh sign me up too...would love the challenge and the fun as well...can't hurt much????...hey mitsy???...oh nooo am i allowed to enter if i know one of the designers/judges???...:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:...cheer s liz...well that is if i get to the last lot???...probably not!!

katlen124
08-07-2009, 01:12 AM
had loads of fun last year - count me in!
Hey Liz and Misty and everyone else

scrapprincess18
08-07-2009, 01:15 AM
Oh I want to sign up, I'm a new designer, with lots of freebiees to offer, check out my blog ladies to pick them up.
http://jeanne-maries-scraps.blogspot.com/

Mitsybelle
08-07-2009, 03:51 AM
Oh hey Charlie .. thanks for dropping in hun, good to see you :)

Hi there Katlen .. and Liz ... yes you can still join in if you have connections ... LOL :D

I can see this is going to be a FUN time ... Welcome Ladies ... :)

iceprincess_FL
08-07-2009, 06:21 AM
Please sign me up for this fantastic opportunity, too.

knittinjen
08-07-2009, 06:23 AM
Hi, I'm Knittinjen (Jennifer), and I'd like to sign up. I do sell at Bouquet of Pixels, but want to take my designing to the next level. I'm getting a lot of help from another designer, but entering a contest will help me to step it up! So consider me in - can't wait!

Toiny
08-07-2009, 06:43 AM
Absolutely join on in! Roacha914, just bring your laptop to the hospital with you during labor & delivery... maybe it will help?:p

I see some familiar faces, some brandnew ones & an old friend I miss dearly... Hi Charlie!

Smooches all,

Toiny

Ambowife Designs
08-07-2009, 06:49 AM
Yay great to see so many signing up and Hey Katlen and Charlie, great so see you both :)

This is going to be heaps of fun!!

mustnggrrl00
08-07-2009, 07:32 AM
I would like to join in on this, been away for a while, need a good challenge!!!

Judith

kimberkatt
08-07-2009, 07:33 AM
Yay! We have our first sign-ups already! Hi Charlie, nice to see ya!! :D

come on ladies, you'll never know if you can do it unless you try!! Good luck all!! :)

scrapintime
08-07-2009, 08:38 AM
Hi. I would like to sign up too..
Im in a few stores, but sounds like fun:)
Sarah

MoonDesigns
08-07-2009, 08:38 AM
This looks like it is going to be loads of fun, can't wait for it to start now. :)

msghd
08-07-2009, 09:31 AM
Sounds great, I'll give it a go also. ;)

houseart
08-07-2009, 09:37 AM
Haven't ever tried this before, but I'm game! It sounds like fun and lots of learning. Sign me up please.

Sharon

kimberkatt
08-07-2009, 10:52 AM
Sign me up, please!
I sell at scrapbird at the moment, but I'm always up for a challenge! I would love to do this and see how far I get!

Hey... nice to see you trying out Veelana!!! Good luck! :D

kakleidesigns
08-07-2009, 10:57 AM
I will try this year even when September is a hard month for me at work, I will do my best, so I am and very happy to be, please sign me in!:)

mizamigo
08-07-2009, 12:22 PM
I am a new designer and don't sell at any stores. I also love learning new things and this competition sounds like it will be a great learning experience for me.

Please sign me up for this.

mistimus
08-07-2009, 02:12 PM
Alright.. I'm just starting my store(s) now but count me in! I'm ready to give it a try!

SandEz Creationz
08-07-2009, 02:43 PM
A little cheeky bird told me about your contest so I decided to give it a try. If for nothing else, than a broadening of my learning.

Ambowife Designs
08-07-2009, 02:52 PM
Yay glad to see you all signing up for this, you'll love it :)

violethare
08-07-2009, 04:32 PM
Jumping back into the fray, this sounds like fun and a great learning experience!!

Jenni
08-07-2009, 05:50 PM
I'd love to try this! I'm a new designer, but love learning things. Can't wait to get started!

PamNana
08-07-2009, 06:21 PM
I'd love to participate both for the challenge and experience.

Ambowife Designs
08-07-2009, 06:49 PM
Woo hoo!! Nice to see you all!! :D

Lizard Dau Designs
08-07-2009, 07:33 PM
oh this is sooo cool...wow i am getting a little bit of de ja vu here...all these wonderful people already..wow and wow..can't wait to start...what fun is this!!...ummmmmm i must apologise before i do something wrong....whew now that is out of the road...i can enjoy myself...and yep no monkeying around here!!!...LOL..LOL..LOL..LOL...cheers liz

Ella Scraps
08-07-2009, 09:54 PM
I'd love to sign up and play! Thanks!

Court8133
08-08-2009, 02:40 AM
I wanna play please!! :D

Mitsybelle
08-08-2009, 03:24 AM
Oh it's lovely to see so many of you signing up, great to see familiar faces too, it's gonna be a party in September for sure :D

Lizard Dau Designs
08-08-2009, 05:01 AM
did someone say party..did they..did they...ooooh count me in..count me in...who can i bring...no wait i already got most of my best buds here...party bring it on...do we have chats....i love chats...can i break your chat room pretty please..that is soooo much fun!!...wooooooo girl hold your horses...gee what did they put in my coffee...:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:...gee we haven't even started and i am going around the bend....good thing we aren't anonymous...i can't keep a secret!!...LOL..LOL..LOL..cheers liz..sooo nice to meet you all!!!

Ambowife Designs
08-08-2009, 06:15 AM
LOL Liz we don't have a chat room I think it's something we will be putting on our wish list, I know it's on mine. I love chats, and speedscraps!!! Nice to have you signing up :D

We can always use another Aussie Gal in the forum!!

AJR65
08-08-2009, 11:50 AM
I'll give it a try. Don't know if I can complete it due to holiday commitments :D:D

hareraisers2
08-08-2009, 01:30 PM
I'd like to give it a go. I'm new to designing and eager to learn.

Veelana
08-08-2009, 02:42 PM
Hey... nice to see you trying out Veelana!!! Good luck! :D
Thank you! Hope I get more exposition that way, even if I don't make it to the final rounds...

littlespooky
08-08-2009, 03:46 PM
wowsers! i can't believe all the contestants already! good luck to all and come join the birthday party with us for the whole month of september!!!

Mitsybelle
08-08-2009, 06:35 PM
Thank you! Hope I get more exposition that way, even if I don't make it to the final rounds...

Exactly Veelana, these competitions are great for exposure and let's face it in this business, we all need that don't we :D

Lizard Dau Designs
08-08-2009, 06:35 PM
LOL Liz we don't have a chat room I think it's something we will be putting on our wish list, I know it's on mine. I love chats, and speedscraps!!! Nice to have you signing up :D

We can always use another Aussie Gal in the forum!!

ooh nah thanks for having me...wow probably a good thing you don't have a chat room...me and chat rooms don't have a good history...LOL..LOL..LOL..:eek::eek::eek:....i even get booted out and banned from my own chats...LOL..LOL..LOL..don't ask me how???...i just don't know!!...but it was hilarious...i could only chat with emoticons and you can imagine what i said with those...LOL..LOL..LOL...great to meet you all..this is going to be a blast!!....cheers liz

Lizard Dau Designs
08-08-2009, 06:39 PM
Exactly Veelana, these competitions are great for exposure and let's face it in this business, we all need that don't we :D

ummm mitsy what kind of exposure do ya mean???:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:.. .i don't mind exposure if ya put brad pitt or robert pattison into the equation...sigh...dreamy...cheers liz

littlespooky
08-08-2009, 09:39 PM
Liz, i think i like you already! you like to talk too!!! lol

littlespooky
08-08-2009, 09:42 PM
i remember you from OSS leaving all the lovely comments! good luck with the competition and with the baby! i love babies!Oooh - I want to do this!!! I am having a baby around Sept 17th - so it may get rough (assuming I make it that far!!) but will you still let me try!!?!?!?! :)

Lizard Dau Designs
08-08-2009, 11:01 PM
Liz, i think i like you already! you like to talk too!!! lol

umm...well...geee...sheeesh...ummmmm....??????...y eah i suppose i do!!...LOL...LOL..LOL....some say too much!!...LOL..LOL..LOL.....cheers liz:cool::cool::cool:

naz1996
08-09-2009, 07:20 AM
good luck everyone, I'm not taking part..I have been accepted in divine, and due to the amount of work in preps i'v decided to go exclusive. Just want to have more time creating rather than maintaining 2 shops. Ty to all who offered help when i needed it. Ty Toiny for all your support and kind words. I will be popping in and out but just been really busy setting up. I'm sure you all know lol!

Panda Bear Designs
08-09-2009, 08:29 AM
sign me up too and we shall see. I did this contest before too way back when. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh Liz you are something else girl Now you behave yourself as best you can OK LMBO :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Hi Darlene

Linda Renee
08-09-2009, 12:52 PM
I'm toying with the idea of entering. I was in the contest last year, then the hurricane knocked out our power for 9 days which knocked me out of the contest. But I made some friends during the contest as it was a great bunch of ladies. I learned a lot in those couple of weeks I was in. Even those who didn't win went on to sell in other stores, myself included. Toiny, I'm glad you are continuing the contest.

Mitsybelle
08-09-2009, 01:55 PM
good luck everyone, I'm not taking part..I have been accepted in divine, and due to the amount of work in preps i'v decided to go exclusive. Just want to have more time creating rather than maintaining 2 shops. Ty to all who offered help when i needed it. Ty Toiny for all your support and kind words. I will be popping in and out but just been really busy setting up. I'm sure you all know lol!

Congratulations on your new Store sweetie :) and I totally agree with Oase ... you behave there LIz :D none of your Monkeying around now

Lizard Dau Designs
08-09-2009, 07:07 PM
me monkey around...me misbehave...never...i am sooo shocked you think that about me...i am pure and innocent like the driven snow didn't ya know?????.....:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::D:D:D:p:p: pp:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleye s:...LOL..LOL..LOL..cheers liz...wow i love smileys!!!!

Toiny
08-09-2009, 09:13 PM
I remember! That was horrible luck & you were doing so well. I've got fingers & toes crossed no hurricane for you this year.

This is shaping up to be sooooooooo exciting. Is it September yet!?!??!

Toiny

I'm toying with the idea of entering. I was in the contest last year, then the hurricane knocked out our power for 9 days which knocked me out of the contest. But I made some friends during the contest as it was a great bunch of ladies. I learned a lot in those couple of weeks I was in. Even those who didn't win went on to sell in other stores, myself included. Toiny, I'm glad you are continuing the contest.

Amberpony
08-09-2009, 11:19 PM
Sign Me Up. Even though my style won't get me very far.
Hopefully I can make a kit in a week :eek:
I bet I learn a bunch and it should help me to Focus. :p
I see I will be in good company i recognize so many Sweet Ladies :) Wave Wavy

Elizabeth
08-10-2009, 02:05 AM
Can I sign up please? Just for fun because I'm not a designer and September is a hard month for me.

iceprincess_FL
08-10-2009, 02:56 AM
me monkey around...me misbehave...never...i am sooo shocked you think that about me...i am pure and innocent like the driven snow didn't ya know?????.....:eek::eek::D:D:D:p:p:pp:rolleyes::ro lleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:...LOL..LOL..LOL..cheer s liz...wow i love smileys!!!!

Ah-ha, there you are you cheeky lil monkey... I can see you're up to your usual mischief! :eek::eek::eek:

Romper-bomper-stomper-doo, I saw KatLen, Oase, and you know who, too -- Sandy. Best Wishes to all. :)

Lizard Dau Designs
08-10-2009, 05:17 AM
Ah-ha, there you are you cheeky lil monkey... I can see you're up to your usual mischief! :eek::eek::eek:

Romper-bomper-stomper-doo, I saw KatLen, Oase, and you know who, too -- Sandy. Best Wishes to all. :)

me mischief naaaaaaaaaah!!...not possible... like i said i am a little angel didn't ya know...a monkey angel...maybe a cheeky monkey angel but an angel never the less...gee and aren't we poets and we did not know it...how funnnneeee helen...love your sense of humour...again soo nice to meet you all...and what fun we are going to have...mitsy tells me she is good at pimping herself i am sure she means primping!!..:eek::eek::eek::eek:...LOL..LOL..LOL.. cheers liz

Lizard Dau Designs
08-10-2009, 05:39 AM
oh just checking to see if my signature works...cheers liz

Lizard Dau Designs
08-10-2009, 05:40 AM
see i am not a monkey at all...i am a lizard...ha ha ha ha..LOL..LOL..LOL..cheers liz:p:p:p:p

Linda Renee
08-10-2009, 10:39 AM
I remember! That was horrible luck & you were doing so well. I've got fingers & toes crossed no hurricane for you this year.

This is shaping up to be sooooooooo exciting. Is it September yet!?!??!

Toiny

Thanks for your comments.

I will go ahead and enter this year, so I am signing up.

Ambowife Designs
08-10-2009, 02:46 PM
Yay Good Luck everyone
Contestant Tally so far - 26 woo hoo!!!

littlespooky
08-10-2009, 05:20 PM
yeah! you sound as innocent as i am. driven snow that my dogs pee'd on...lol!me monkey around...me misbehave...never...i am sooo shocked you think that about me...i am pure and innocent like the driven snow didn't ya know?????.....:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::D:D:D:p:p: pp:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleye s:...LOL..LOL..LOL..cheers liz...wow i love smileys!!!!

Flower Scraps
08-10-2009, 07:49 PM
LOL thanks!! :) I love them too - maybe too much since this is my 4th is 5 years....

i remember you from OSS leaving all the lovely comments! good luck with the competition and with the baby! i love babies!

Lizard Dau Designs
08-10-2009, 07:52 PM
yeah! you sound as innocent as i am. driven snow that my dogs pee'd on...lol!

oh wow hun..i have not laughed soo hard in a long time..yep nearly had to get that bucket out...not quite though..i crossed my legs just in time...whew...that was close...yep i can see we are alike..how the heck is this place going to stand it????:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:...oh wow good news 26 so far and it is only early days...soo cool...cheers liz

Ambowife Designs
08-10-2009, 08:17 PM
Hey Deanna!!! Waving :) Great to see you here!

Mitsybelle
08-10-2009, 08:27 PM
Just letting all you ladies know that there's a Private Forum set up for you here:

http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=150

Feel free to start up a chat thread :D

Lizard Dau Designs
08-10-2009, 08:33 PM
Just letting all you ladies know that there's a Private Forum set up for you here:

http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=150

Feel free to start up a chat thread :D

wink wink...nudge nudge hey mitsy?????...LOL..LOL..LOL..LOL..cheers liz

littlespooky
08-10-2009, 09:06 PM
doesn't matter if you are a designer or not this will be an awesome learning experience for you. good luck!Can I sign up please? Just for fun because I'm not a designer and September is a hard month for me.

littlespooky
08-10-2009, 09:07 PM
Yeah! dianna! you go country girl!!!

Charlie's Digiscraps
08-11-2009, 06:27 AM
Yay great to see so many signing up and Hey Katlen and Charlie, great so see you both :)

This is going to be heaps of fun!!

Absolutely join on in! Roacha914, just bring your laptop to the hospital with you during labor & delivery... maybe it will help?:p

I see some familiar faces, some brandnew ones & an old friend I miss dearly... Hi Charlie!

Smooches all,

Toinyawe Hi ladies..wow its like a Sassy reunion when the birthday bash is on ;)..September is looking like another hot month for SAS..cant wait to see what you gals come up with..yay!!

Hey ladies just dropping by to wish you all a happy Birthady and wish all those entering the comp the best of luck..it was thge comp I enterd too last year and was the best learning experience..i learnt so much a nd still rave about it to everyone..SAS was also one of my first stores and love all the ladies here.I have entered a number of comps over tha last year..and I must say this one is the best learning one...come join in..you won't regret it!!!!!
Charlie ***

Marcie
08-11-2009, 08:52 AM
Oh man September, I just don't know that I can do that right now. Too much going on. Would love to join as it sounds like fun though. I think I'll do the other designer thing for now and go from there. :)

tinkermama05
08-11-2009, 03:36 PM
The ladies from my store pulled my leg enough to get me over here to sign up. Just hope I have enough time...Sign me up!

Mitsybelle
08-11-2009, 03:42 PM
The ladies from my store pulled my leg enough to get me over here to sign up. Just hope I have enough time...Sign me up!

LOL .... there's nothing like a little 'gentle' persuasion is there? :D

Raggedy Renee Designs
08-11-2009, 04:17 PM
This sounds like fun ! Please sign me up .:)

littlespooky
08-11-2009, 07:53 PM
wowsers! i hate to BE the one who has to pick a designer from this group! oops! i might have to!!!lol!

Lizard Dau Designs
08-11-2009, 08:25 PM

oh hun i am sorry did we hurt you..come here i will kiss it better..soo good to see you here...we will have a ball i promise...cheers liz

Nani
08-11-2009, 11:12 PM
I wonít be in the contest this year. Iím doing okay juggling the store Iím at and my homework, but after last year I know I wonít be able to keep up with the competition. (It also starts the day after we get home from our honeymoon!) I am looking forward to seeing all the entries! Best of luck to all of you! It's going to be fun!!

kimberkatt
08-12-2009, 08:25 AM
I wonít be in the contest this year. Iím doing okay juggling the store Iím at and my homework, but after last year I know I wonít be able to keep up with the competition. (It also starts the day after we get home from our honeymoon!) I am looking forward to seeing all the entries! Best of luck to all of you! It's going to be fun!!

Ah, Nani... we will surely miss you in the contest! I hope you have a wonderful Honeymoon!!! Bring back lots of pictures!!! :D :D

Linda Renee
08-12-2009, 10:20 AM
Wish you were entering this year, Nani, but enjoy that honeymoon. And like Kat said, take lost of pics then scrap them with all the great kits from this contest. :)

Flower Scraps
08-12-2009, 12:31 PM
Hi Tracy!!! *waves*

Hey Deanna!!! Waving :) Great to see you here!

Ambowife Designs
08-12-2009, 10:28 PM
:) ;) :)

CathyC
08-13-2009, 11:37 AM
What a great sign up ladies, cant wait for it to start
Hugs
Cathy

sparky
08-13-2009, 11:30 PM
I would like to try although I've just begun posting my kreations for download I would still like to try and see if I can make it past the first round. Not sure what info you need, I don't have a blinkie, can't figure out how to make the darn thing. I'm still trying though, I do have a blog it is Kreations by Sparky http://kreationsbysparky-lori.blogspot.com/ Any additional information needed please let me know. I'm excited about this contest.:)

Mitsybelle
08-13-2009, 11:43 PM
Great to see you here Sparky .... all we need is your username right now :)

Balinda
08-13-2009, 11:44 PM
I would like to give this a try and hopefully make some new friends along the way.
Balinda

Lynn
08-14-2009, 12:55 AM
I would love to have a go at this. I have done some designing but don't sell at any stores, I just give away freebies on my blog! Even if I don't get past the first round, I am sure it will be loads of fun and a great learning experience:D.

Lynn

Ambowife Designs
08-14-2009, 02:04 AM
I'm sure you will have lots of fun and learn from eachother like we all did last year in the Designer contest, can't wait to get started!!!

Jacque
08-14-2009, 02:20 AM
I would love to give it a try. Please sign me up :)

Also, I was curious...I did not see the requirements for being a designer here. Is there a place to check that out or just fill us in?

Looking forward to meeting everyone and having fun playing and designing :)

number128
08-14-2009, 05:39 AM
Hi count me in, I think I need the nudge, I have stalled in my designing and will be grateful to pick up any pointers along the way.
thanks
Sue

Ambowife Designs
08-14-2009, 08:38 AM
Cool signing you up now Sue.
Generally the requirements of a SAS designer are to contribute to our Mega Kit once a month and either help out with a free with puchase kit or run a challenge. Commenting in the forum and gallery aren't absolutely compulsary but encouraged as they do a lot for your reputation as a designer and, well, it's just nice to get to know your customers. And of course a steady flow of products to your store if you are successful and get a contract offer with SAS. Um that's about all I can think of at the moment LOL

If you don't have a blog I highly recommend starting one and getting a following it is the best way to promote yourself and your store as well as facebook or twitter but I mainly concentrate on my blog.

I am sure Toiny will offer more info on this when it comes to the beginning of the challenges for the contest Jacque :)

powmiaangel
08-14-2009, 09:13 AM
Please sign-up here if you are interested in WINNING a spot on our SAS Design Team. Sign-ups end September 1, 2009. Contest begins September 1, 2009. Each round will require the creation of a mini kit. The exact specifications will be announced at the beginning of each round. No kit will require more than 10 papers or 20 elements, most will require less.

Each round will have requirements & rules, announced at the beginning of the round.
Based on sign-ups, elimination numbers and number of contestants moving forward will be posted at the beginning of each round.
Round 1 information will be posted September 1, 2009.
Round 1 kit will be due September 6, 2009 by 3:00 pm EST.
Round 1 Results will be posted September 10, 2009.
Round 2 information will be posted September 10, 2009.
Round 2 kit will be due September 15, 2009 by 3:00 pm EST.
Round 2 Results will be posted September 18, 2009.
Round 3 information will be posted September 18, 2009.
Round 3 kit will be due September 22, 2009 by 3:00 pm EST.
Round 3 results will be posted September 25, 2009.
Round 4 information will be posted September 25, 2009.
Round 4 kit will be due September 29, 2009 by 3:00 pm EST.
The WINNERS will be announced September 30, 2009.
Anyone may join. You may already be selling in one or more stores. You do not need to be selling in any stores. Enthusiasm, desire, creativity are all that are required. This will not be anonymous. Please use this opportunity to proudly wave your name, your brand, your designs!

Final decision is made by the SAS Design Team. I will put up a FAQ as questions come in:) Feel free to post them or ask me via PM.

Smooches!

Toiny
SAS Owner
I haven't quite finished building my blog yet but I'd sure love to try the contests. My name is Diane, aka powmiaangel. I have 3 graphix groups, Snag_N_Tag @ yahoogroups as well as FunGraphix and another FunGraphix on google groups. I also host a twice a month contest that is open to everyone for submitting and voting. You don't have to join anything or pay anything. I might need a little guidance thru this; me and forums have difficulties coming together. lol

Diane

Hazel Olive Designs
08-14-2009, 11:11 AM
Oooohhh plz count me in! :D

shan
08-14-2009, 01:41 PM
I want to join too. I am a fairly new designer and I would love a little challenge. I do not currently sell at any store! Thanks for the chance!

Ambowife Designs
08-14-2009, 02:40 PM
Okay Girls you are all signed up, have fun :)

beckmoore
08-14-2009, 11:06 PM
count me in had a ball last year!

Ambowife Designs
08-14-2009, 11:32 PM
You're all signed up Beck, good luck this year!! :)

kimberkatt
08-15-2009, 07:47 AM
count me in had a ball last year!

Yay! I was hoping you'd come back again this year! :D

Leaonna
08-15-2009, 04:13 PM
I would like to join please sounds like fun((hugs)):D

Ambowife Designs
08-15-2009, 05:44 PM
Okay Leaonna you are signed up have fun and remember to join in in the contestants private forum area :) Good Luck and Have Fun :)

Toiny
08-15-2009, 08:06 PM
More familiar faces! And more new faces! I'm getting soooooooooo excited, is it September 1st already!?!?!

Welcome all!

Toiny

Daisy Scraps
08-17-2009, 05:58 PM
Sign me up. Sounds fun!

Ambowife Designs
08-17-2009, 06:29 PM
You're all signed up Kari :) Good Luck!!

kimberkatt
08-18-2009, 07:02 AM
Okay... there's a couple more weeks to sign-up! If you're having any doubts and haven't made up your mind yet.....JUST DO IT!!! (like Nike said!) :p

You don't have anything to lose and much to gain! :)

Sillyscrapper
08-18-2009, 10:42 PM
Okay Okay - - -ya twisted my arm - -- lol - - -i am signing up just hope life doesn't interupt too much and i really get to play!!!!

Ambowife Designs
08-19-2009, 12:43 AM
Good on you Tracy, I'm sure you'll have heaps of fun :) Good Luck

Toiny
08-19-2009, 04:06 PM
Yay! And a big shout-out to Tracy. Good to see you girl!

Toiny

dpsbdennis
08-20-2009, 01:15 AM
Sign me up! I would love to give it a try!

Ambowife Designs
08-20-2009, 01:24 AM
Okay dpsbdennis, you are all signed up Good Luck :)

Mitsybelle
08-20-2009, 02:55 AM
Oh YAY to all the new contestants!!!

okekeca
08-20-2009, 03:00 AM
Oh well, I am a newbie when it comes to designing, but I would like to learn and thought I would be brave enough to sign up.

Ambowife Designs
08-20-2009, 03:28 AM
Good Luck Carola you are all signed up for the contest :)

marzia
08-20-2009, 05:24 AM
I'm quite new to design, but I really wanna give it a try, to learn what's required etc, who knows what tomorrow brings, and a contest it's really fun and forces you to learn and try new things ....

Sign me in
Marzia

Ambowife Designs
08-20-2009, 07:17 AM
Okay you are all set Marzia, check out the private Contestant forum and hints and tips from the designers :) And good luck

maltesescrapper
08-20-2009, 07:49 AM
I've never done anything like this before but I love SAS.

Ambowife Designs
08-20-2009, 08:14 AM
Okay you are all set
:)

osbeckjs
08-20-2009, 09:28 AM
Please Sign Me Up! I would love to give it a try! Thanks

ivonne4kids
08-20-2009, 09:47 AM
Please sign me in for the contest, it sounds like fun.

idennyt
08-20-2009, 09:55 AM
and hoping i can get back up the cliff before the earth rushes up to meet me! I'm IN (at least for round 1)...

forum id = idennyt
designer name is lovinlifegurl Denise (aka shortform LLG Denise)
name = Denise

previously made kits and LOs can be sited on my blog, here (http://lovinlifegurl.blogspot.com).

Gosh, i'm so not a flag waver, specially for me!

good luck to everyone! I can see by the list that FABULOUS things are gonna start happening SOON!

LLG Denise

PS: where's that private contestant forum--or is that info we get once we sign up? thanks.

ChristinaP
08-20-2009, 11:59 AM
I would like to sign up too!

forum name: ChristinaP
designer name: ChristinaP
Name: Christina

my blog: christinapoolie.blogspot.com

Can't wait!!

kimberkatt
08-20-2009, 12:14 PM
Hey Christina! {waves} :D

Great to see you over here trying out! Good luck!!

C'mon ladies... just a few more sign-up's to reach 50!!! This will be the biggest & bestest Designer Comp around!!! :D

DarleneH
08-20-2009, 12:24 PM
So exciting - can't wait to see what everyone comes up with! Best of luck!!

Ambowife Designs
08-20-2009, 02:30 PM
Yay Welcome to SAS and the Designer Competition, you're in for so much fun :)
You are all signed up ladies. Remember to check out the private Contestant forum

ChristinaP
08-20-2009, 06:00 PM
Hey Christina! {waves} :D

Great to see you over here trying out! Good luck!!

C'mon ladies... just a few more sign-up's to reach 50!!! This will be the biggest & bestest Designer Comp around!!! :D

Hi Kimberly!! Thanks for letting me know!

citygurl08
08-20-2009, 09:45 PM
hi im prissy i am very new to designing ,,, and i want to try this,, can we use cu products at all?, well plz sign me up ty

Mitsybelle
08-20-2009, 10:04 PM
hi im prissy i am very new to designing ,,, and i want to try this,, can we use cu products at all?, well plz sign me up ty

Yes you will be able to use some CU Products :)

beckmoore
08-20-2009, 11:24 PM
Yay! I was hoping you'd come back again this year! :D

Thanks glade to be here!:)

beckmoore
08-20-2009, 11:25 PM
You're all signed up Beck, good luck this year!! :)

Thank you
Debbie

Scooter59
08-21-2009, 09:10 AM
I know I am kind of late, but I would love to sign up for the contest. So please count me in!

Ravelle

Monika
08-21-2009, 11:37 AM
It's great to see so many contestants, you'll have tons of fun!:)

Ambowife Designs
08-21-2009, 05:27 PM
You're not too late Ravelle, you're all signed up, have fun and good luck :)

citygurl08
08-21-2009, 06:18 PM
did u sign me up ?? just wondering

my name is prissy

Ambowife Designs
08-21-2009, 06:24 PM
Okay Prissy you are signed up and good to go, good luck Hun!! :)

citygurl08
08-21-2009, 06:52 PM
Tysvm !!!!! Cant wait to play

LilleyScrap
08-22-2009, 02:40 PM
I'd love to sign up...this sounds like so much fun!

CuddleBeez
08-22-2009, 05:57 PM
I'm in. Sign me up!

Brenda
CuddleBeez Scraps

Ambowife Designs
08-22-2009, 06:08 PM
Welcome to SAS and the competition Ladies, good luck to you both :)

Flower Scraps
08-22-2009, 06:18 PM
what a list!! I'm so excited for this to start!! Bring on the FUN!!!

Ambowife Designs
08-22-2009, 06:19 PM
Yes Deanna it's a huge field this year, lots of fun for sure, it's kinda making me wish I could enter to LOL!! ;)

littlespooky
08-22-2009, 07:36 PM
all you new contestants don't forget to grab the sassy lady blinkie for you to wear during the competition and for a chance to win a custom made designer blinkie for your self..who knows i might be generous and give you the designer package, 3 blinkies...designer name, ct for, and fan of ..yada yada!!
grab it here
http://stoneaccentsstudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5617

iceprincess_FL
08-23-2009, 10:23 AM
all you new contestants don't forget to grab the sassy lady blinkie for you to wear during the competition and for a chance to win a custom made designer blinkie for your self..who knows i might be generous and give you the designer package, 3 blinkies...designer name, ct for, and fan of ..yada yada!!
grab it here
http://stoneaccentsstudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5617

Awesome! I really need a banner :)

Enchanted
08-23-2009, 08:16 PM
alright.. i'll hop in.. i've been mulling this decision over and decided to give it a go, if for no other reason then to get some good experience :)
cheers!
~V

SkrapperDigitals
08-23-2009, 10:28 PM
Hi everyone ((hugs Charlie)) :-) Design contests are a wonderful for hands on designing experience (and such a blast! even for us non-participants to watch!) I love seeing all the gorgeous entries! C'mon everyone! the more the merrier! :-)

Ambowife Designs
08-24-2009, 12:38 AM
Okay Enchanted you are all signed up :)

Lori Staton
08-24-2009, 05:03 AM
This sounds like a lot of fun! I wounder if I would have time to join in the fun? Is there a theme that we are all going by? a color chart? How often do you all do this. I would love to try my hand at this.;)

Mitsybelle
08-24-2009, 05:30 AM
This sounds like a lot of fun! I wounder if I would have time to join in the fun? Is there a theme that we are all going by? a color chart? How often do you all do this. I would love to try my hand at this.;)

Hey there Lori, read the first post and you may find a few of your answers ... it's only on once a year :)

Ambowife Designs
08-24-2009, 07:54 AM
Lori Make sure you repost here if you decide you want to join in :) So that I can add you to the list and grant you access to the contestant areas :)
Tracy

Lori Staton
08-24-2009, 07:59 AM
Hey there Lori, read the first post and you may find a few of your answers ... it's only on once a year :)

Thanks Jeanette.

Ok sign me up! Thanks Tracy :)

Lizard Dau Designs
08-25-2009, 01:52 AM
wow this is soo huge..can't wait..time is ticking..tick tick tick tick...nice to meet ya all!!:D:D:D:D:D..cheers liz

Ambowife Designs
08-25-2009, 02:37 AM
You're all signed up Lori Good Luck :)

Min
08-27-2009, 03:24 AM
I'll give it a try, sounds like a lot of fun! :)

Sign me up, please!

Ambowife Designs
08-27-2009, 03:41 AM
You are all signed up Mintika, let us know your name and designer name too so we can add it to the contestant list :) Good Luck!!

Min
08-27-2009, 01:04 PM
LOL, silly me :rolleyes: - I'm Min and my designer name is DeliScraps by Min.

Thanks for signing me up :)

Mitsybelle
08-27-2009, 02:52 PM
:D I wonder if we'll get up to 60 sign-ups before the 1st .... not long to go now!!! :D

Ambowife Designs
08-27-2009, 03:35 PM
Okay you are updated in the list now Min :)

kimberkatt
08-27-2009, 05:15 PM
Anyone have a current count? Are we at 55 yet? I can go drag...uh, I mean, convince some others to come on by!! :D :D :D lol

Ambowife Designs
08-27-2009, 06:23 PM
Yes Kim I am keeping a tally in the contestant list at the bottom, we are spot on 55!!!

Ambowife Designs
08-27-2009, 06:23 PM
I thought I would have seen benthai in here signing up, first male contestant!!?

kimberkatt
08-27-2009, 06:51 PM
LOL! He was on my list to harass...er, ask! :p

tmonda
08-27-2009, 07:24 PM
i would like to join in

Jessicasma
08-27-2009, 07:44 PM
I would like to try and be a SAS-y Lady! I am a new designer and sell at 3 stores. My designer name is JessicasSweetNothings Here is a link to my blog. Check it out!
JessicasSweetNothings (http://jessicassweetnothings.blogspot.com/)

Mitsybelle
08-27-2009, 08:10 PM
hee hee hee ...... two more to the list ... 57 :D

Hi there Donna :)

ksunstar
08-27-2009, 08:26 PM
Sign me up too please!

Kristina
ksunstar@yahoo.com

Ambowife Designs
08-28-2009, 04:09 AM
Okay ladies you are signed up, that's 58 contestants, wow, good luck everyone :)

Mitsybelle
08-28-2009, 04:20 AM
WOO HOO 58 so far .... :D :D :D

kimberkatt
08-28-2009, 07:19 AM
and 3 days left to sign up!! :D

Ambowife Designs
08-28-2009, 07:55 AM
This has got to be a record don't you think :)

kimberkatt
08-28-2009, 09:27 AM
Waaayyyy more than last year, that's for sure! :p

angmag55
08-28-2009, 10:18 AM
I will give this a try I have never designed except here and there for myself. I say if you don't try you will never gain knowledge of what potential you may have.

angmag55
08-28-2009, 10:29 AM
Ok I really don't have a clue as to what we need to design in this contest do we use a certain kit of something or other and then design from their or do we have to make everything from scratch? Can you help us newbies just starting to design by telling us hat we do and use etc.

ajandbj
08-28-2009, 10:50 AM
I would like to join in! :) I was in last year but had to drop out due to Photoshop issues, so I'm hoping this is my time! :)

Ashkenazi
08-28-2009, 12:06 PM
l want to sign up so where do l do it?

kimberkatt
08-28-2009, 12:13 PM
Right here, Lynn! All you have to do is post in this thread, and Tracy will sign you up with access to the Private Forum! :)

Ambowife Designs
08-28-2009, 12:20 PM
You are all set up ladies, check out the private contestants forum for further information on the contest, requirements etc, good luck and have fun :)

61 contestants woo hoo

Cris Lee
08-28-2009, 08:27 PM
Sign me up too please! :)

Cris Lee : )

Email: crispsp@yahoo.com.br

michellemarie
08-28-2009, 08:32 PM
Oh, wow, this is going to be fun! I'd better let my dh know today that he may be extremely neglected during the month of September;) haha

Ambowife Designs
08-28-2009, 09:08 PM
You're all signed up Chris Lee, good luck in the competition and have fun!! :D

SandyPie
08-28-2009, 11:55 PM
I'd like to throw my hat in the ring too! What's the worst that can happen I learn something?!?!
(BTW I haven't picked a design name yet, do I need to do that now or can it wait till the contest starts?)

Thank You!

Ambowife Designs
08-29-2009, 12:19 AM
That's fine SandyPie, it's not absolutely compulsary at this stage, but of course you'll need a design name so people can credit you when they use your designs :) Signing you up now Hun, good luck

Toiny
08-29-2009, 05:57 AM
Just a little word to the wise... when picking a Design Name choose one you really love, that's you.

I picked mine, Piggy Scraps because my husband came up with it. I was just dabbling, not serious but needed something to give away my freebies. I had the habit of saying "When pigs fly" whenever my boys asked for something outrageous... and I could draw a pig ROFL.

Now, while that Piggy is sure recognizable, a good thing as far as branding & being recognized, I'm not super thrilled I'm forever associated with a pig.

Welcome!

Toiny
SAS Owner
Piggy Scraps Design

kimberkatt
08-29-2009, 06:38 AM
LOL Toiny!

But that Piggy is just so darn cute! :p

LauraMarie
08-29-2009, 12:26 PM
Hi I would love to participate in this!

Ambowife Designs
08-29-2009, 04:19 PM
Okay LauraMarie You are signed up Best of luck in the competition :)

Hey Kim Love the new Avatar :D

kimberkatt
08-29-2009, 04:26 PM
I had to get all dressed up for the party! I did my hair and everything! :p

Ambowife Designs
08-29-2009, 05:19 PM
Nice job Kim, you are inspiring me LOL

Mitsybelle
08-29-2009, 05:24 PM
Great siggy there too Tracy :D

littlekiwi
08-29-2009, 07:25 PM
I'm in!

Forum Name - littlekiwi
Designer Name - littlekiwi Designs
Real Name - Jennifer

Ambowife Designs
08-29-2009, 07:35 PM
Welcome Jennifer and good luck you are signe up :)
Thanks for the info too

Lizard Dau Designs
08-29-2009, 10:26 PM
I'm in!

Forum Name - littlekiwi
Designer Name - littlekiwi Designs
Real Name - Jennifer

hi there sweetheart..good to see you here...you might know me as bethliz from SNL...great you can come join us partying and have some fun designing too..wooo hooo...cheers liz:D:D:D:D

michellemarie
08-29-2009, 10:27 PM
Wow. How many contestants do we have now? ;):):)

Ambowife Designs
08-29-2009, 10:54 PM
65 contestants to this point :eek:

JennCkDesigns
08-30-2009, 10:34 AM
Sign me up! Sounds like fun!

Ambowife Designs
08-30-2009, 04:26 PM
You are signed up for the contest Jen, good luck :)

JennCkDesigns
08-30-2009, 10:31 PM
You are signed up for the contest Jen, good luck :)

Thank you!

Lizard Dau Designs
08-30-2009, 10:35 PM
GOOD LUCK EVERYBODEEEEE!!!!!...oh what fun i am fit for burstin'...:eek::eek::eek:..cheers liz

Mitsybelle
08-31-2009, 03:12 PM
not long to go now!!!

Lori Staton
08-31-2009, 03:40 PM
I guess that I wont get to join in the fun!:( I got to have surgery on my foot. This was an unexpectied thing. Sorry ladies...I will catch you next year. Have fun and see you around when I get back,

Mitsybelle
08-31-2009, 04:17 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that Lori, I hope all goes well with your surgery and that you make a speedy recovery, enjoy watching from the sidelines :)

Lori Staton
08-31-2009, 04:25 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that Lori, I hope all goes well with your surgery and that you make a speedy recovery, enjoy watching from the sidelines :)

Thanks Jeanette. I wanted to so much be a part of this.:(

Charlie's Digiscraps
08-31-2009, 04:41 PM
Good luck everyone..looking forward to seeing whats in stall for you all ..hehehe ;)Happy Birthday SAS!!!!!!!!!!!

camperchow
08-31-2009, 04:56 PM
I would like to give it a try!

kimberkatt
08-31-2009, 05:08 PM
Thanks Jeanette. I wanted to so much be a part of this.:(

Aww, Lori! I'm so sorry sweetie! Those darn feet! We will certainly miss you in the contest! I hope you have a very speedy recovery! :)

Lizard Dau Designs
08-31-2009, 05:34 PM
I guess that I wont get to join in the fun!:( I got to have surgery on my foot. This was an unexpectied thing. Sorry ladies...I will catch you next year. Have fun and see you around when I get back,

i will miss ya heaps lori..sorry to hear you won't be joining with us...waaaaaaaaaaaah!!..but please drop in and let us know how you are!!...cheers liz

Color With Caryn
08-31-2009, 06:29 PM
I think I'm going to give it a bash, just because I need to do something different, and I would like to be challenged, learn some things, and have great fun!

Ambowife Designs
08-31-2009, 06:34 PM
Camperchow you are all signe up Hun good luck :)

Maurine Stettler
08-31-2009, 06:43 PM
I've been debating about this for way too long -- guess it's decision time. I'm in...

Maurine Stettler
http://LetMeScrapbook.blogspot.com

DawneCarr
08-31-2009, 06:50 PM
Is it too late to join in on the fun? I would love to join in and participate this year. I can't believe it has been a year already. I met a large portion of my friends through this contest last year. *waving Hi to everyone*

Hugs

Desert Bloom Designs
http://desertbloomdesigns.blogspot.com

Stores I design for:

Michelle's Angels (http://michelles-angels.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&manufacturers_id=7)

Mischief Scraps (http://mischiefscrapz.info/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_137&zenid=532d1c7720412c66dd3333dd05fd6fae)

dointhings
08-31-2009, 06:55 PM
Ooooh I'm in, cant wait to start.

thanks Sue

Mitsybelle
08-31-2009, 06:56 PM
Welcome ladies :D

No, not too late, sign-ups close midnight of the 1st!!!

DawneCarr
08-31-2009, 07:02 PM
Welcome ladies :D

No, not too late, sign-ups close midnight of the 1st!!!
Awesome, count me in!!!!! Thanks Mitsybelle. It will be wonderful to see everyone again.

Ambowife Designs
08-31-2009, 07:35 PM
Best of Luck everyone, adding you all now!!

Hey Dawne !!! Great to see you :)

Woo Hoo that's 69

DawneCarr
08-31-2009, 07:56 PM
Woohoo!!! Happy Dance. Thank you, Tracy. It is great to see you. *hugs*

Ambowife Designs
08-31-2009, 08:03 PM
LOL waving, now go catch up on all the info in the contestant private forum, and the tips n tricks etc, not long before it starts Woo Hoo!!!

sparky
08-31-2009, 08:34 PM
Whoo Hooo I finally got my blinkie to link to my blog. Thanks to the Hints Tips and Tricks! I guess whenever I send this message my blinkie will appear? Hopefully. I hope I did it correctly, so here goes nothing, here is my blinkie.

Ambowife Designs
08-31-2009, 08:39 PM
Wow great job Sparky :)

DawneCarr
08-31-2009, 08:54 PM
Okay, I think I caught up on all of the latest info. At least, I hope so. Lots for my poor brain to wrap around, lol. So, here is hoping that some of that info stuck in my head correctly. Heehee.

Dawne

NJoyArt2
08-31-2009, 08:59 PM
I think I would like to try this so please sign me up. Sounds like a good learning experience I could use.

Ambowife Designs
08-31-2009, 09:28 PM
Okay your all signed up NJoyArt2 Good Luck! :)

Mitsybelle
08-31-2009, 09:31 PM
OMGosh Tracy!!!! Did we just hit 70 ..... WOW, way to go ladies :D

Shelbi
08-31-2009, 10:00 PM
I would love to sign up for this.
I hope I am not too late!!!

Ambowife Designs
08-31-2009, 10:41 PM
All signed up Shelbi

71 Jeanette~~~ OMG!!! LOL

michellemarie