PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Bash Template Exchange!!!

kimberkatt
08-30-2009, 01:51 PM
Okay ladies.... are you ready?!!! I see that we have many people waiting for the doors to be open, so here goes!!! :D

Welcome to the Annual SAS Birthday Bash Template Exchange!

This exchange is relatively straight forward... you make a layered Template to share with other participants!!! Any layered template will do: 12X12, 8X8, 8.5X11, 5X7, 4X6, or any other layered template you can think of! Anyone & everyone is welcome to join in the fun! I even have a super easy way to make a template if this is your first time! :D

Easy Way to Make a Layered Template from a Layout:

Open your layered layout
Delete all titles, dates, pictures, journaling and extra elements you do not want to include in your template.
Select your first layer (background)
Go to Brightness/Contrast
Turn the CONTRAST all the way DOWN
Repeat for each layer you want to include in your template
If grey colors are similar, you can turn the BRIGHTNESS up or down depending on if you want to darken or lighten the tone.
You should now have a layered template! Easy, right?

**EDIT**EDIT**EDIT**EDIT**
I wanted to make sure that this is clear.... DO NOT use elements that are Unique to the designer you used to create your layout!!!! Things such as Flourishes, doodles or any hand-drawn/painted elements are NOT okay to use with the instructions above! Any element that has a definite "unique" shape to it, can NOT be used in a template design!! (Unless YOU are the one who made them, of course! ;) ) Things like round buttons, basic butterfly shapes, straight ribbons, ricrac, basic bows & string, straight stitches, scallop edges, bracket shapes, etc are considered "basic" shapes and ARE allowed to be used following the instructions above!
HOWEVER--- MAKE SURE YOUR LAYERS ARE CONVERTING TO A FLAT GREY SHAPE, WITH NO TEXTURE OR DETAIL!!!
If they are not, follow these steps:

Make a New Layer on top of the layer you wish to convert
Select your layer (CTRL+layer)(so you have the "marching ants" around your image.)
Make sure you are on your New blank layer and select the Fill tool
Fill the selection with a SOLID color (preferably a shade of grey/black/white for templates)
Delete the original layer, leaving just the solid layer

Thanks ladies! Just wanted to make sure that no one inadvertently went against copyright! ;) If you are unsure about the elements, don't use them in the template design. You can either omit them altogether or use your own shapes that came with your program to fill in! I tend to NOT use elements in my templates, because I feel the Scrapper should have the freedom to embellish as they wish! Templates really are just a guideline, and providing Photo placement, borders & edging, and paper layering is what is needed to make a layout! Embellishments are just frill! LOL! :p

Once your template is done, save as PSD or TIFF, zip it up with a TOU & a small JPG preview, upload to whichever file hosting site you prefer and PM me the link. I will be sending out links as they come to me, so you don't have to wait until the end of the month to get them all and play! :D

You can post your previews in the Template Exchange Gallery (http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=961) for ooh's and ahh's and to tempt more people into joining the exchange!! :p You are allowed to make however many templates you wish! Now go and have some fun!!! :D

**BONUS**BONUS**BONUS**BONUS**BONUS**BONUS**
Each person who submits a template will get a BONUS 4 pack of Templates just for playing!!!

http://i35.tinypic.com/156pv1c.jpg

littlespooky
08-30-2009, 04:32 PM
Can i join in too if i am a designer? cause you know I am crazy for templates!!!

kimberkatt
08-30-2009, 05:13 PM
of course! It's open to all! :D

LauraMarie
08-30-2009, 05:53 PM
Is this just to create a template?

Ambowife Designs
08-30-2009, 06:23 PM
Yes LauraMarie check it out on September 1 to find out the details.
I wanna do this one too :) Sign me up Kim

kimberkatt
08-30-2009, 06:34 PM
Hey.... no questions until class begins! {wags her finger} :p lol

Yes, we're making templates! I'll even have some super easy instructions, for those that have never made templates before! :D

Joba2
08-30-2009, 09:20 PM
I did this challenge last Sept for the birthday bash then & it was really really fun.And we got to get all the templates submitted too!!!! That was a real bonus!

LauraMarie
08-30-2009, 11:37 PM
Ok, I will play along! I love making templates!

michellemarie
08-31-2009, 12:37 AM
Can I play, too?:)

Marcie
08-31-2009, 12:05 PM
Oh I just love templates!!!! I'm signing up for sure!

kimberkatt
08-31-2009, 01:24 PM
EVERYONE is welcome to play!! I'll post all the details tomorrow!! :p

Hiya Joba!! Glad to have you back this year!!! :D

kimberkatt
08-31-2009, 01:25 PM
OH.... just to let you know... we ended up with about 50+ templates last year!!!! :eek: :eek:

michellemarie
08-31-2009, 01:30 PM
Okay, I know what I'm doing tonight then... cleaning up my hard drive and EHD. ;)

Marcie
08-31-2009, 02:32 PM
OH 50! I'm going to be in heaven.

ljd2007
08-31-2009, 03:50 PM
Great stuff!! I just love Templates as you know Kimberly :-)

littlespooky
08-31-2009, 06:34 PM
since you are the teacher Ms. kimberly, does that mean i will be in the corner with the dunce hat on?

Ambowife Designs
08-31-2009, 08:10 PM
Did I sign up for this, okay if I didn't Sign me up NOW!! 3 hours to go woo hoo

stater
08-31-2009, 08:29 PM
Templates I can do. Sign me up, please.

kimberkatt
08-31-2009, 08:41 PM
since you are the teacher Ms. kimberly, does that mean i will be in the corner with the dunce hat on?

The BLINKING dunce cap!! :p

LOL!!! {mwah}

Joba2
08-31-2009, 10:25 PM
Thanks Kimberkatt for the welcome back to this second template BD challenge. I think I know how to make cleaner better templates now too.
Yes , I agree,it would be a good idea to clean out Hd etc. I remember after last years party it took me forever to back up, sort out,etc all the loot I got!!!
I ended sorting out my templates into one photo,two photo etc folders. I even got two gorgeous bonus kits from two designers. Oh I have fond memories of last years party.This years will be fantastic too.!!!!

Amberpony
09-01-2009, 03:19 AM
I wanna Do this again
Great Time Last Year!
We have all month right and we can make as many as we want? :D

kimberkatt
09-01-2009, 08:04 AM
Yup... all month long, however many templates you can/want to make!! :D

Full instructions have been posted in the first post!!! Can't wait to see what you all come up with! I am such a template junkie!! LOL! :p

DarleneH
09-01-2009, 11:11 AM
Count me in, pretty please. :)

kimberkatt
09-01-2009, 11:15 AM
Sure thing, Darlene! I love your templates! :D

MaryBeav
09-01-2009, 11:16 AM
I would like to play also, sign me up! how is it done? I wasn't here last year. :)

(((Hugs)))
MaryBeav

kimberkatt
09-01-2009, 11:20 AM
Hi Mary!

It's really simple... make a template and send me the link, post a preview in the Template Exchange Gallery (http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=961) and at the end of the month I will send you ALL of the templates submitted for the exchange!! Including the BONUS pack! :D Have fun!

mizamigo
09-01-2009, 02:04 PM
This is a great way to learn how to make a template and also get all the ones created for this challenge.

I would like to make one.

violethare
09-01-2009, 03:25 PM
Sounds like fun, glad my puter is up and working again.

littlespooky
09-01-2009, 04:00 PM
OOH! I didn't know how to make a template that way Miss Kimberly!!

kimberkatt
09-01-2009, 05:15 PM
OOH! I didn't know how to make a template that way Miss Kimberly!!

I shall teach you many things, my young one! :p

Mitsybelle
09-01-2009, 05:58 PM
Count me in too Kimberly :)

michellemarie
09-01-2009, 05:58 PM
K. I just made one! My first ever! Do I need to put it into a preview with my name? I know it needs a tou and zip it up and all that. Fun:)
http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.com/gallery/data/961/mmarie_template_butterflies.jpg (http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=41184&limit=recent)

Mitsybelle
09-01-2009, 06:00 PM
That's wonderful Michelle .... I'm off to create :D

kimberkatt
09-01-2009, 06:11 PM
Whoohooo! Go Michelle!!! Our first Entry!!! Fantastic!

You can preview it up or not, whichever you prefer... :)

I forgot to mention, please include your name on the zip file... so I know who is who when I'm sorting the masses!! :D

littlespooky
09-01-2009, 06:18 PM
45 YEARS YOUNG! lol OH THANKYOU mASTER, CALL ME GRASSHOPPER!I shall teach you many things, my young one! :p

littlespooky
09-01-2009, 06:19 PM
mASTER kIMBERBRATT, DO WE need to made a folder for png. format for non ps. users?

littlespooky
09-01-2009, 06:19 PM
Love it girlfriend!K. I just made one! My first ever! Do I need to put it into a preview with my name? I know it needs a tou and zip it up and all that. Fun:)
http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.com/gallery/data/961/mmarie_template_butterflies.jpg (http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=41184&limit=recent)

littlespooky
09-01-2009, 06:20 PM
why? i thought you could just guess? teehee!Whoohooo! Go Michelle!!! Our first Entry!!! Fantastic!

You can preview it up or not, whichever you prefer... :)

I forgot to mention, please include your name on the zip file... so I know who is who when I'm sorting the masses!! :D

littlespooky
09-01-2009, 06:22 PM
Kimberbratt, we are siggy twins, almost!!!

Amberpony
09-01-2009, 06:24 PM
Wowie That First Template Is Super!!!!!
Now I Gotta make One! :D

littlespooky
09-01-2009, 06:30 PM
i just up my post the most count like 40 in this thread alone..lol

Amberpony
09-01-2009, 07:20 PM
I'll just chase you around and make sure I get more Posts then you that way. :D
Where is your Template ???????

michellemarie
09-01-2009, 07:24 PM
Thanks everybody. I took it from one of my favorite layouts I've ever done:) Can't wait to do more!

MaryBeav
09-01-2009, 08:13 PM
Sounds awesome, and fun fun fun!! :)

Mitsybelle
09-01-2009, 08:31 PM
Here's my first one (http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=41213&limit=recent) :)

I've decided to do 8x8 templates, this is an area I'm not used to doing so I thought it would be a good experience :)

michellemarie
09-01-2009, 09:02 PM
Should I be doing a certain size? I just did 12 x 12? :)

Mitsybelle
09-01-2009, 09:11 PM
Should I be doing a certain size? I just did 12 x 12? :)

You're fine Michelle you can do any size, I just wanted to try something different for experience :)

michellemarie
09-01-2009, 09:16 PM
I always do my own layouts at 12x12, but then I print them out at 8x8 cause I like the smaller albums:) Plus it's cheaper to print;) lol

littlespooky
09-01-2009, 09:38 PM
here is my 1st one! I don't know if i like it or not! too much stuff maybe!
http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=41220&limit=recent

Mitsybelle
09-01-2009, 09:40 PM
Nice work Carmen :) We seem to be on a butterfly theme here, lol :)

michellemarie
09-01-2009, 09:48 PM
You gotta love butterflies! I end up having one or two in every other layout I do it seems. haha

littlespooky
09-01-2009, 09:51 PM
Jeannette, your butterfly is cuter than mine. i nominate you the answer guru for the designer competitors..i was like ..gotta love her!!!

littlespooky
09-01-2009, 09:53 PM
Me too! I love them!You gotta love butterflies! I end up having one or two in every other layout I do it seems. haha

Joba2
09-02-2009, 12:02 AM
I got my template done .Making my TOU now.It will probably take me longer to make that than the template.lolololol:eek:

Ambowife Designs
09-02-2009, 12:24 AM
They all look wonderful, I am uploading mine to 4shared now, will get the link to you soon Kim

Here's a preview
Mine isn't made from a layout like that, I put solid color over layers from the last layout I did cause I didn't want the designer's elements on there, copyright and all. So I took them off and added some of my own elements and then renamed all the layers, so that whoever is using it knows where everything is.

When I tried the turning down the contrast thing and it didn't work so I tried doing saturation, that did work.

Hmm Not My Forte I think LOL

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d148/ambowife/ambowifedesigns_SASBB_Template1_pre.jpg

Amberpony
09-02-2009, 01:34 AM
Fast and cute
you Girls are on a Roll!
Are you going to Sleep This Month? :rolleyes:

Ambowife Designs
09-02-2009, 07:08 AM
LOL I don't know it's kida addictive all this fun :)

kimberkatt
09-02-2009, 07:16 AM
mASTER kIMBERBRATT, DO WE need to made a folder for png. format for non ps. users?

I don't think so... PSP'ers should be able to use the PSD or Tiff format... Other programs, I am unsure about...

Can anyone who uses another program besides Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro let us know what type of file you need to maintain layers? :)

kimberkatt
09-02-2009, 07:22 AM
Here's a preview
Mine isn't made from a layout like that, I put solid color over layers from the last layout I did cause I didn't want the designer's elements on there, copyright and all. So I took them off and added some of my own elements and then renamed all the layers, so that whoever is using it knows where everything is.

When I tried the turning down the contrast thing and it didn't work so I tried doing saturation, that did work.

Another way to do it if the contrast slider is not working... select the layer (so the marching ants are around it) and fill it with a solid color...

I use PSE so the contrast slider makes my elements a solid grey shape, with no detail on the element... when making a template from a layout, I choose which elements are very "Basic" shapes, like butterflies, buttons, some straight ribbons, etc... and I remove the elements that are unique, because you do not want to copy some one else's work... Because you turn the layers into solid grey shapes, there really shouldn't be a copyright issue, but to be safe, I remove/replace those elements anyway... especially if you have doodles & such, the shape of the doodle is copyright the original designer... you should be able to replace them with Custom Shapes!

If you are unsure about an element, the safest thing to do is replace it with a custom shape, or remove it from the layered template entirely... I usually don't use too many elements on my templates, it's up to the scrapper to add the elements they want! :)

kimberkatt
09-02-2009, 07:24 AM
Awesome templates so far ladies!!! Aren't they fun?! I love making templates!! :D

kimberkatt
09-02-2009, 07:43 AM
Kimberbratt, we are siggy twins, almost!!!

I totally copied off of you! :p

Joba2
09-02-2009, 11:26 AM
Here's mine
Template12009 (http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=41267&limit=recent)

Sent my link for 4share to Kimberkatt

kimberkatt
09-02-2009, 12:09 PM
Wonderful Joba! I got the link, thanks so much!!! :D

Joba2
09-02-2009, 01:38 PM
KImberkatt,wouldn't it be fun to have a gallery for LO's made with the challenge submissions?? I just love seeing what others do with the same template.Maybe we could post them in the template challenge gallery when the challenge is done--keep this gallery open for awhile anyway to post our Lo's made with the templates?? Just an idea

Joba2
09-02-2009, 01:45 PM
Another thought:
Maybe we should include a web page version of our template in the zip file along with the layered template & tou?? that way we don't have to open the layered template to see what it is

kimberkatt
09-02-2009, 06:38 PM
Great ideas Joba!! I'm going to open up a gallery for the Template layouts... :D

kimberkatt
09-03-2009, 08:59 AM
And with that... I have a question for all of you...

Instead of waiting for the end of the month, would you guys like to get the templates as they are submitted? Including the Bonus pack?

I know I can't wait to try out some of these templates (I have so many layouts to do! LOL! )

Let me know which you prefer, and I will start sending links when I get them! :D

michellemarie
09-03-2009, 11:01 AM
I think it'd be fun to get them sooner! But that reminds me that I haven't sent mine to you and I was the first one to post mine. LOL Sorry about that. I'm getting ready to take my little one to her first dance class, then I'll have the rest of the day to play... I mean "work."

kimberkatt
09-03-2009, 11:18 AM
I was thinking it would maybe help out with the layouts from the Designer Competition!! ;) :p

Ambowife Designs
09-03-2009, 03:08 PM
Actually yes Kim that would work in perfectly with posting layouts with the kits from the designer competition and the member mega too. Great thinking 99!!
I'll be doing more of these today, actually making them from layouts I did with the desginer competition minis LOL

kimberkatt
09-03-2009, 04:26 PM
Okay... I think that's what I'm going to do... get your links to me, NOW! LOL! :p

Ambowife Designs
09-03-2009, 04:51 PM
Here's 2 more just uploading them to the 4shared won't be long :)
http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=28&pictureid=308

http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=28&pictureid=307

DarleneH
09-03-2009, 05:06 PM
Here's mine (http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=41424&limit=recent). Just sent the link to Kimberly. :)

kimberkatt
09-03-2009, 05:36 PM
Whoohooo! Come on ladies, you know you want to make a template! :D

I think they all may be chewing their fingers off in the Designer Competition!! :p

kimberkatt
09-03-2009, 06:38 PM
Okay, Tracy brought up an great point, something that I had omitted from the instructions, well... because I thought you all could read my mind! :p

First post (http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5699)has been edited: please read and let me know if it makes sense! Thanks!!! :D

Ambowife Designs
09-03-2009, 06:43 PM
LOL or Tracy is a ditsy girl today. I couldn't get the contrast thingy to work for me either, then just now I had another go at it and if you use pscs4 you have to tick Use Legacy, otherwise it doesn't do anything to the image really LOL. Just another tip I guess!!
Thanks for the clarification Kim Mwah!! :D
Tracy

kimberkatt
09-03-2009, 06:51 PM
ahhhh.... see, I use PSE so I didn't know that.... Thanks for the tip, Tracy! :D

Joba2
09-03-2009, 08:39 PM
I am glad you liked my idea about a gallery for the templates & I see you have already even made a gallery for that!!! wonderful.:) I find it so fascinating to see different Lo's made from the same template.what about my second suggestion?? It is hard when we open our files to know what the template looks like unless there is a jpeg version included in the file. It would be nice if everyone included a preview or jpeg for web or just a regular jpeg to upload along with the layered template & the tou. Believe me when you get 50 templates it really helps!!! Other wise you have to open each layered template in your program to see what it is?? And when you want to use them it makes it hard to find the one you want.

Ambowife Designs
09-03-2009, 10:23 PM
I have a preview in each of mine, I hope everyone does that :)

michellemarie
09-03-2009, 10:25 PM
I did it as a matter of habit already:) I'll try to make some more. This is so fun!

Joba2
09-04-2009, 12:01 AM
Oh that is great news about including a jpeg in the zip!!! Maybe it could be included in the instructions on how to make a template on first page of this forum??
I just know it was hard to find the template you wanted because last year many many did not have a jpeg with their layered templates.
My second template
circleframes (http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=41465&limit=recent)

Debbers
09-04-2009, 12:21 AM
I haven't ever made a page template like this before, and I dont know the yes's & no no's involved.
But I created this tonight Using some CU freebies from CreatedbyJill, and some present shapes in PSP9. I dont have anyother programs for this sort of stuff,
here is my preview and if it's ok , I'll send or upload wherever I need to :-) Thank you for the great challenge!!

http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp330/DebbersTagginTags/Temps/Template1SAStempexchange.png

Here is a layout I made using this temp. and JennCK's NittyGritty mini kit for her challenge.

I resized mine down, It's my hubby... and the "Pink" bbgun was a prank this past christmas... lol

http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp330/DebbersTagginTags/DebsTags/Template1SAStempexchangelayout1.png

kimberkatt
09-04-2009, 08:12 AM
Great template Deb! My only concern is

1. Are the CU freebies okay to share? Most times, they are not, so that has to be checked.
2. If not, turn the contrast down on the Wire layer (the CU in question) until it is a flat shade of grey/black, with no texture or detail. This should make it acceptable to use.
3. If you feel uncomfortable with including this, you can always delete this layer and leave the rest of the template intact... I don't think it takes away from your template, because the frames & photo placement are there! (I love it!) :)

Please refer to my First Post (http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=47526&postcount=1) for more detailed instructions! Thanks! :)

Once you get the template to your liking, without breaking any copyright, you can zip it up, upload, and send me the link!

I will be getting links out to you all sometime today.... I've learned not to put a time on things, kids always turn one hour into several! :rolleyes:

kimberkatt
09-04-2009, 08:14 AM
Oh... have to add... I love the pink BB gun! LOL! :p

another thought.... most times when I'm making templates, I just use the shapes that were provided with my program! It makes it so much easier than trying to figure out what I can use on the template and what I can't use! Yeah... I'm lazy and I don't like to look things up! hehehe... :D

kimberkatt
09-04-2009, 08:15 AM
Oh that is great news about including a jpeg in the zip!!! Maybe it could be included in the instructions on how to make a template on first page of this forum??
I just know it was hard to find the template you wanted because last year many many did not have a jpeg with their layered templates.
My second template
circleframes (http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=41465&limit=recent)

Oh yes... I have to agree with that! I had to make my own previews for a lot of the templates last year...I will add to the first post! :)

Love the template! You are good at this! :D

Debbers
09-04-2009, 09:01 AM
Thank you Kimberly!! I'll go ahead and remove the wire meshing
I did have another question.... LOL

I've uploaded my layout, but I tried to upload it to the " Layouts using Designer Entry's" and .... I cant get it in that gallery.... How do I get it in there. It's not listed under the drop down menu for me :(
Thanks!!

Now one more question.lol
Where do I upload this Temp? ( the preview & layout posted here are currently hosted at Photobucket)
Thank you!!

Debbers
09-04-2009, 09:31 AM
ok I've uploaded the temp jpg/png preview to the temp gallery :-) I'll get the zip to you shortly

kimberkatt
09-04-2009, 10:10 AM
Look at that... you answered your own question! :p

Thanks Deb!!! :D

LauraMarie
09-04-2009, 10:37 AM
Here is my template! I know its not gray but thats because I like using colors..it works the same as the gray and it is just basic shapes...no CU stuff here.
http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.com/gallery/data/961/LMS_SAS_TempXchange.jpg

Debbers
09-04-2009, 10:46 AM
oh I like that!
Hmmm.... I gotta learn this stuff... LOL :-)
Someday when it's toooo late I'm sure I'll finally figure all this out! lol

kimberkatt
09-04-2009, 11:07 AM
Awesome template Laura! You can use colors, I put grey because most templates come in grey! :)

michellemarie
09-04-2009, 11:14 AM
Here is my template! I know its not gray but thats because I like using colors..it works the same as the gray and it is just basic shapes...no CU stuff here.
http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.com/gallery/data/961/LMS_SAS_TempXchange.jpg

This is so cute!!! I am partial to circles:)

Joba2
09-04-2009, 12:36 PM
thanks Kimberkatt for the support on my suggestion about including a jpeg with our zip files.Clever of you to make your own previews. I just made folders for 1,2,3,4, multiphoto templates etc.. I love templates esp when I have alot of lo's to make for an album- esp. since most online photobooks start 20 pages . I run out of ideas to design my own pages.And it is fun to change the templates by turning stuff from vertical to horizonital etc.

Joba2
09-04-2009, 12:46 PM
Quick guestion to make sure I have this straight:
Our layouts made with the challenge templates for the gallery are to be made with kits from the designer contest & the mega kit challenge. correct?

kimberkatt
09-04-2009, 12:58 PM
Quick guestion to make sure I have this straight:
Our layouts made with the challenge templates for the gallery are to be made with kits from the designer contest & the mega kit challenge. correct?

Oh, not necessarily! I'd hate to limit your creativity and say you can only use those kits! You can use whatever you wish with the templates! :)

Debbers
09-04-2009, 01:04 PM
I cant wait to get the templates and start playin around with them! lol
I dont have many photos to play with, but that'll change I hope soon also!!
Thank you again for this awesome challenge!! :-)

Debbers
09-04-2009, 01:32 PM
Getting ready to send you Template #2 , I've got it uploaded into the gallery and... I really think this one is way better than the last one!! LOL

Everything on this one is used from elements from PSP9 itself. :-)

kimberkatt
09-04-2009, 02:27 PM
First round of template links have been sent! Have fun ladies! :D

Debbers
09-04-2009, 02:33 PM
Thank you so much ladies for the awesome templates!! I cant wait to get home after work and start playin!! :-)

littlespooky
09-04-2009, 07:57 PM
i have 3 more templates for you but i am having trouble uploading them to the gallery!

kimberkatt
09-04-2009, 08:15 PM
Ohh no..... did the contestants break the gallery?!!! :eek:

littlespooky
09-04-2009, 08:34 PM
NOW i AM GETTING PISSY:mad::mad::mad: i keep getting an error message...eek! help kimby!!!!

msghd
09-04-2009, 09:30 PM
Here are my templates. LOL even though I've never worked with a template because of my dumb software, it was fun making them. Hope you can use, but please let me know if they didn't save right.

http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.com/gallery/data/500/TemplatesPreview.jpg (http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=41605&ppuser=7909)

LOL yes, I had to fancy it up. I love my preview and don't get to use it nearly enough.

angmag55
09-04-2009, 09:42 PM
Well If I don't try I will never learn so will give it a try!

Ambowife Designs
09-04-2009, 10:50 PM
Yay angmag55, they are fun to do hun :)

littlespooky
09-05-2009, 06:13 AM
and once you start, they are very addicting to make!!

kimberkatt
09-05-2009, 08:46 AM
Tammy, your templates are awesome!!! Thanks so much for jumping in, even though you can't use them.... What program do you use? Can you open Tiff files?

Yes.... templates are very addictive... almost as addictive as scrapping! :p

kimberkatt
09-05-2009, 08:47 AM
NOW i AM GETTING PISSY:mad::mad::mad: i keep getting an error message...eek! help kimby!!!!

grumble, grumble... did you get in there yet?! What error message are you getting?!

littlespooky
09-05-2009, 04:36 PM
toiny fixed me up! here are my three additions
http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=41675&ppuser=2779
http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=41677&ppuser=2779
http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=41676&ppuser=2779
all three are in the same zip filegrumble, grumble... did you get in there yet?! What error message are you getting?!

Pixel Palette
09-05-2009, 05:55 PM
Of course I am making the time to participate in this... I love making them..

Pixel Palette
09-05-2009, 06:07 PM
Here are my 4 templates, hope you can use them for something!!

Template #1 (http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=41693)
Template #2 (http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=41692)
Template #3 (http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=41691)
Template #4 (http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=41690)

kimberkatt
09-05-2009, 06:38 PM
Awesome!!!! Thanks so much! I'm off to the gallery to check them out! :D

Mitsybelle
09-05-2009, 07:22 PM
Here are my 4 templates, hope you can use them for something!!

Template #1 (http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=41693)
Template #2 (http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=41692)
Template #3 (http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=41691)
Template #4 (http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=41690)

Oh these look great :)

kimberkatt
09-06-2009, 09:14 AM
I'm going to get the 2nd round of links out to everyone today!! I can't wait, I have some time today to scrap!! Yeehaw!! :D

littlespooky
09-06-2009, 11:38 AM
yeah! i want to see photos of your two little cuties..dh just ordered me off the computer to do my chores..lol, i reallu need to do them but i still told him that he isn't my boss..lolI'm going to get the 2nd round of links out to everyone today!! I can't wait, I have some time today to scrap!! Yeehaw!! :D

kimberkatt
09-06-2009, 11:49 AM
Chores?!! What's that.... :p

msghd
09-06-2009, 01:32 PM
Chores?!! What's that.... :p

You know the things that have to be done but can wait one more day. ;)

Or better yet something the kids do! :D

littlespooky
09-06-2009, 10:29 PM
instead of doing the chores i went and made and ate lunch and fell asleep on the recliner..lol! i am having trouble sleeping. i had to go to the bathroom at 2 am i was so out of it i knocked the remote for the ceiling fan into the hallway,turning the fan off, when i came back to bed i forgot all about the remote, so at 5 am dh woke me up and asked me if i was hot and why was the fan off, i didn't even notice, i wanted to keel him! i was sleeping so nice, so then the dogs wanted to go out ..yadda yadda , went back to bed ,slept till seven until curly licked me in the face and mo jumped on the bed and wanted his belly rubbed.then curly layed down on top of me and mo..so it was time to get up.Chores?!! What's that.... :p

Nanascraps
09-07-2009, 08:35 AM
http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=41881

here is my first template

ljd2007
09-07-2009, 08:39 AM
Here's one from me (http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=41882&limit=recent)Kimberly, just uploading it now so will send the link in a mo.., Can't wait to get the links from what I just saw in the Gallery they are Wonderful templates!! Well done everyone ;-)

kimberkatt
09-07-2009, 09:34 AM
Whooohooo! Thanks so much ladies! The next round of template links will be sent out tomorrow!! :)

Joba2
09-07-2009, 10:39 PM
Just downloaded the links.Can't wait to start .Trying to decide if I should use one kit on them to make a themed album to have printed.

kimberkatt
09-10-2009, 01:31 PM
Well, things seem to be a bit slower here today... probably because Round 2 has started and they are all busily creating us some kits! :p

I'm hoping to get the templates unzipped and start playing around! :D

I'm sending out the new list now... there are a few additions.... :)

Marcie
09-10-2009, 10:19 PM
Woo hooo, I got mine done tonight. Now how do I get it to you Kimberly. Need to find the rules. :)

3 photo template (http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=42178&limit=recent)

http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.com/gallery/data/961/3_Photos_on_Left_side.jpg

LOL I used a white background! It's a 12 x 12 document with the sketch on the left side. :)

Marcie
09-10-2009, 10:26 PM
Found the rules. Will do my tou and get the file to you. I do have a question and hopefully this has not been asked and I misesed it. :)

You say.....
HOWEVER--- MAKE SURE YOUR LAYERS ARE CONVERTING TO A FLAT GREY SHAPE, WITH NO TEXTURE OR DETAIL!!!

I'm using CS4 and I made my template from the shapes tool. I just picked a color to use and changed it around. Is that what you mean by a flat grey shape? Should my template be in b/w. Gee that will be hard with all the layering! I'm used to doing it this way. So give me a shout. Oh yeah everything is standard in photoshop. I only placed the flowers underneath to give it a touch of something. I can delete that. :) Plenty of room for people to grow it.

Joba2
09-11-2009, 12:08 AM
I love yout template Marcie:p

michellemarie
09-11-2009, 02:34 AM
You know the things that have to be done but can wait one more day. ;)

Or better yet something the kids do! :D

I was just wondering about that today... how old do kids need to be before making them do chores and follow a work chart? ;)

michellemarie
09-11-2009, 02:36 AM
Found the rules. Will do my tou and get the file to you. I do have a question and hopefully this has not been asked and I misesed it. :)

You say.....

I'm using CS4 and I made my template from the shapes tool. I just picked a color to use and changed it around. Is that what you mean by a flat grey shape? Should my template be in b/w. Gee that will be hard with all the layering! I'm used to doing it this way. So give me a shout. Oh yeah everything is standard in photoshop. I only placed the flowers underneath to give it a touch of something. I can delete that. :) Plenty of room for people to grow it.

Marcie, I think the flat grey is just so it's generic and not a designer's pattern or something. If you're making shapes yourself, any color will do:)

kimberkatt
09-11-2009, 08:23 AM
Yes... Marcie, you're template is perfect! I had put that statement in there for the people following my instructions on making templates from layouts... I didn't want anyone just converting the elements on their layout to greyscale, with detail & texture intact! All shapes on a template should be flat, no detail/texture... any color will do, I put grey because most templates come in shades of grey! :)

although, I am seeing more and more templates using color! :) And the flower shapes you used are good! They are a basic shape that comes with Photoshop, no copyright there! ;)

I wanted to make sure that people were not copyrighting other designer's work... when in doubt, add your own shapes or just delete the elements altogether... :)

kimberkatt
09-11-2009, 08:23 AM
Oh... you're template is wonderful! Thanks so much!!! :D

Marcie
09-11-2009, 10:00 AM
You are welcome. I will get it zipped up and sent to you today. :)

Joba2
09-11-2009, 12:40 PM
I posted a LO I used to make my template #2. I don't really like the black & white photo of Bella on the page but thought I'd post it anyway so anyone interested in the template would get some ideas how to do their own.http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=42056&limit=recent It is so much fun to see what others do with the same template.I am usually in awe wondering why I didn't think of that!!.I can't wait to see more Lo's made with the templates in the gallery.

kimberkatt
09-11-2009, 12:44 PM
I'm trying so hard to clear some time to scrap! I have a few CT layouts I need to get done... along with wanting to use some of the Designer Contest kits and these templates! Hopefully, I'll get some time next week when hubby is on vacation!! :D

Marcie
09-11-2009, 12:53 PM
Kimberly I'm getting ready to send you my zip file. Also I will post a lyout done with my template. :)

Marcie
09-11-2009, 01:01 PM
Here is my layout...

Did you see my Hole? (http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=42260&limit=recent)

http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.com/gallery/data/973/061508-digging-hole-for-treehouse2.jpg

dorannmwin
09-11-2009, 11:19 PM
I have a template here to share with everyone. Hope you all enjoy.

http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.com/gallery/data/961/doodle_sastemplateexchange_template.jpg

kimberkatt
09-12-2009, 07:17 AM
Awesome template, thanks so much! I'll be sending out the links sometime today! :)

Marcie, that layout is too cute! :D

Marcie
09-12-2009, 12:08 PM
THanks Kimberly.

I'm liking all the templates I saw in the thread. NEed to get to the gallery and comment. FIrst though I need to work. DIdn't get any done last night because of the kiddos. :(

camperchow
09-12-2009, 01:15 PM
I finally got my template finished. Here is the link. I hope you enjoy using from it.

http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=42338&limit=recent

msbrad
09-12-2009, 01:15 PM
Ok- I hear the template...and it gets my attention, just like fonts!!!:D

I can do this one for sure, as I have created templates (past 100 by now) for a couple of sites.

And for the record, I do not sell anything digi.

My dilemma may be figuring how to get the psd here.
m

kimberkatt
09-12-2009, 03:45 PM
Hi Michelle! Nice to see you over here! :) (I'm SASyGirlFriday @ DTS :p ) If you need help with anything, just give a shout, I'm here all the time! lol

Diane... love the template!!! Thanks so much for joining in!! :D

Sending template links now... happy scrapping!

msbrad
09-12-2009, 03:48 PM
Thanks!
Here is the template image from my photobucket.
http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo303/msbrad_photos/templates_msbrad/Sketchtemplate0021_msbrad.jpg

shall send you a pm about sending the psd file...
m

Marcie
09-12-2009, 04:01 PM
Kimberly you know Michi too?? She gets around doesn't she. :D Small world.

kimberkatt
09-12-2009, 04:11 PM
Or, maybe I get around! :eek: LOL!

Yes, I *sort of* know Michelle... she's the only one that ever replies to our AD's over at DTS (DigiTownSquare) :p She's a sweetie! :)

Love the template, you're so fast! ;) :p :D

Marcie
09-12-2009, 04:14 PM
Kimberly you may too as I think I've seen you places too. She is a sweetie and she loves templates either making or recieving. :) I have most of hers. LOL. DTS is one place I need to be more active, but somehow always gets forgotten!

msbrad
09-12-2009, 04:25 PM
Thanks y'all, I'm blushing:o

I love to fiddle and create. Have zero interest in designing (unless I have to make something) although, I always have opinions!!

Here is my LO from my sketch template.
The Toss... (http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=42359&limit=recent)
m

MoonDesigns
09-13-2009, 10:02 AM
Yayyy I managed to get a template done for the exchange also!! (http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=42424&limit=recent)

http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.com/gallery/data/961/MoonDesigns_In-Circles_Template_Preview_500x500_72dpi.jpg

kimberkatt
09-13-2009, 10:34 AM
Yay, Tan! I love it! thanks so much for joining in!! :D

JHawk
09-13-2009, 01:49 PM
I've never done this but want to give it a try. My question is what do I do if I don't have a hosting site? I don't even know where to begin on this!!! :confused:

kimberkatt
09-13-2009, 02:14 PM
Oh, that's an easy question! :D

You can register for a FREE account at any of these file hosting sites:

4shared (http://www.4shared.com)
MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com)
Filesavr (http://www.filesavr.com/)
Box.net (http://box.net/)
yousendit (http://www.yousendit.com/)
rapidshare (http://rapidshare.com/)

kimberkatt
09-14-2009, 01:04 PM
Because of the gossip going around regarding 4shared, I've decided to upload the templates on an alternate site, so you will have a choice of download...

I have to say this though... I just downloaded ALL templates from 4shared & did not have a problem... I also unzipped ALL templates from 4shared with no virus threats....

There is yet to be an OFFICIAL announcement regarding virus' attached to downloads from the recent hacking... all that's really been said officially was, yes they were hacked but it was for no apparent reason other than just to hack... so, be wary but, in my opinion, I don't think there is much to worry about! :)

Sibylle
09-20-2009, 09:07 AM
I uploaded my layout to go with my template exchange template and now I can't find it anywhere on the site. What did I do wrong?

kimberkatt
09-20-2009, 10:06 AM
hmmm.... that is very interesting.... off to investigate!

kimberkatt
09-20-2009, 10:12 AM
Well, I don't see the Template Preview or the Layout in the gallery... can you tell me what size you were trying to upload?

There is a size limit of 600X600 pixels at 72dpi... if you try to upload anything larger than this, it will block your queue and you won't be able to upload anything else until it is cleared out... I will poke Toiny or Tracy to check your queue and clear it if needed! :D

Only thing I can suggest is to try again.... sorry! :o

ljd2007
09-22-2009, 05:02 PM
Here is another template (http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=43337&ppuser=28) for the Exchange Kimberly, I will PM you the link asap, THANKS EVERYONE for ALL the Wonderful Templates :-)
By the way I too have had NO Problems at all with 4 shared either folks...:-)

kims_scrappin
09-23-2009, 11:25 AM
I hope I'm not to late to get in on this exchange?

Here (http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=43406&limit=recent) is my template preview and I've sent you the download link.

http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.com/gallery/data/961/KS_SAS_TemplateExchange_pre.jpg (http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=43406&limit=recent)

kimberkatt
09-23-2009, 12:39 PM
Very nice, Kim! I love it! No, you're not too late... the exchange runs through the 30th! Thanks so much for contributing!!! :D

Debbers
09-24-2009, 12:54 AM
Just wanted to pop in and say Thank you all so much for the awesome templates!! I've not yet gotten to download them all, but I know they're all awesome!!
Thank you all so much!! :-)

kimberkatt
09-24-2009, 07:27 AM
we have a couple new links to add to the list, so I'll be sending them out sometime today! :D

kims_scrappin
09-26-2009, 11:51 AM
I've made two more templates to share :) I'll PM you the links in a minute.

http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.com/gallery/data/961/KS_SAS_TemplateExchange2.jpg (http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=43600&limit=recent)

http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.com/gallery/data/961/KS_SAS_TemplateExchange3.jpg (http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=43601&limit=recent)

MaryBeav
09-28-2009, 04:54 PM
Here is the link to my preview (http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=43763&limit=recent)

Amberpony
09-29-2009, 01:50 PM
WOW!!! The Template Challenge is My Last Have To Do!!!!
I have gotten it half done while I was trying to squeak in my Round 4 entry.
Time to Play. Gotta Have All Those great Templates that came in this month while I had my fingers busy designing!

Amberpony
09-29-2009, 03:12 PM
Oh My Goosh !!!!
That Was Fun......
Here Is Mine

Amberpony Creates a Multi Photo Template (http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=961)

Joba2
09-30-2009, 12:51 AM
http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.com/gallery/data/973/Lily08.jpgHere's another LO I made using ljd's template.
LILY08 (http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=43897&limit=recent)
Thank you every one for the wonderful templates

kimberkatt
09-30-2009, 06:50 AM
awww, Joba that's so cute! I love the selective coloring on the pic!

Final links will be sent out tonight...Thanks to all who participated!! :D

Amberpony
09-30-2009, 11:38 AM
Ahhh Joba that is so Coool.....
That picture is just like all My Great Aunts from Soooooo Long...... Ago.....
Cute Memory Page!!! Clap Clap Clap!!!!

Renee
10-01-2009, 12:55 AM
'have never done this before. I have posted my preview last night, but I forgot to place the layers for the photo's, so I will have to that part again.
Here's my peview:

http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=43929&limit=recent

kimberkatt
10-01-2009, 12:29 PM
Hi all!

I've been battling internet issues all morning... grrr! All template links will be sent out sometime today! Thanks again for participating! :D

michellemarie
10-01-2009, 10:11 PM
Thanks for doing all that, Kim! Very cool exchange! Wish I could have had time to do more. But that was really fun:)

ljd2007
10-02-2009, 03:46 AM
Kimberly I have loved ALL the challenges this month, this being one of my favourites, thanks so much for all that you have done and hope we get to do anothe one soon :-)
Hope you get the internet problem sorted soon, I will be away for the weeekend, I have left a message on your blog for you too :-)

Amberpony
10-02-2009, 11:19 AM
Thanks Kim!!!!
I Gotta Have Me Template Fix..... If only just to have them ....he he he
I hope to use some to complete the chhallenges :rolleyes: If I remember they are there giggle ;)

Marcie
10-02-2009, 12:05 PM
Wonderful layout Joba.

This was so much fun. Got all my templates now except one which the system was down. going to get it now. :)

Gloria
10-02-2009, 02:00 PM
Is it too late to jump in here? I LOVE TO MAKE TEMPLATES???

kimberkatt
10-03-2009, 07:34 AM
Is it too late to jump in here? I LOVE TO MAKE TEMPLATES???

LOL, I know you do Gloria! I have a few of yours! ;) :D

If you can squeak a template in within the next few days, I'll let you slide! :pthe exchange technically ended on the 30th... but who wouldn't want another wonderful template for their collection?!! :D

Gloria
10-04-2009, 04:53 PM
THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!! I just uploaded to gallery and am sending you the link....can't wait to download all the other wonderful templates!!!