PDA

View Full Version : Designer Club Challenge

Toiny
09-10-2009, 12:18 AM
Hello all!

It has been requested that those of you not moving on to Week 2 get a little challenge of your own. Sounds fabulous to me! Practice makes perfect and there is some talent here!!!

I have set-up a gallery just for y'all:

http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=979

As for your challenge... that's not up to me, but I do ask that you resist using the same color scheme & theme as our Week 2 contestants. Or it may just be confusing for our voters.

Smooches,

Toiny

Lizard Dau Designs
09-10-2009, 12:37 AM
okey dokey that sounds fair to me...what say you all???...we can come up with a colour scheme and theme:D:D:D for you all to use but we have to play by the same rules as the contestants???..does that sound good to you???...a little bit of flexibility of course...and yep no stress or worry!!...when we find out what is going on with the next level please come and join us one and all..this is going to be fun!!...cheers liz

citygurl08
09-10-2009, 01:17 AM
so if we want we can make a mini kit without any stress or any rules just w/o the exception of using the theme n colors of the other designers?

Lizard Dau Designs
09-10-2009, 01:23 AM
so if we want we can make a mini kit without any stress or any rules just w/o the exception of using the theme n colors of the other designers?

oh yeah the deal here is to design along with the contestants..which means by their rules (but we will be flexible) just don't tell anyone!!...LOL..LOL..LOL..LOL...but we get to use our own swatch and theme and we don't have any stress though...i will give you a swatch and a theme and then we can play with that...that way it is similar but not the same as if you were in the contest still...KWIM???....i would ordinarily give you a choice of theme and colour but i think as though we are trying to emulate the designer contest we need someone to give us a theme and colour swatch to use...ooh and i know just the person...i will ask her!!..okay???...cheers liz:D:D:D:D:D

DawneCarr
09-10-2009, 01:25 AM
That sounds awesome to me, Liz. Looking forward to it. I can't wait to see what you come up with for a color palette.

Mitsybelle
09-10-2009, 02:08 AM
Ok, so here is a color for you to work with according to the same instructions as the SAS Designer Competition but with a different theme:

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm56/Mitsybelle/69789e.png

The palette can be a minimum of 3 colors, up to as many as you wish. You must include the palette on the front of your kit preview (with or without hex codes); and in your zip files with the hex codes.

The theme is "In the Garden", but you may name your kit alternately if desired.

Requirements:

Please follow all the quality guidelines from Round 1 of the Designer Competition
Develop a palette using 69789e as one of the colors
Use the theme "In the Garden"
8 papers, 5 must be unique (read, not recolored)
12 elements, 8 must be unique (a clustered element using other elements may be considered unique)
Include the palette with hex codes in you zip files
You must post two previews; one regular, with palette, and one close-up
Preview size must be 72 DPI, 600X600
CU items are allowed this round
Post previews & links to downloads in the Challenge Gallery.

This Challenge will be due September 15, 2009 by 3:00 pm EST the same as the Designer Competition.

Theme: 'In the Garden'

Lizard Dau Designs
09-10-2009, 02:42 AM
ooh thank you soo much i really love your colour mitsy and that theme rocks...love love love it..did i tell you i love it..hope you all do too!!...cheers liz:D:D:D:D

Amberpony
09-10-2009, 03:51 AM
Have Fun Girls
A Garden Kit has got to be a piece of cake.....

kimberkatt
09-10-2009, 06:59 AM
OH, this is so cool! I can't wait to see what ya'll do with this.... I feel like we have two contests going on here! I love SAS!!! :D

Raggedy Renee Designs
09-10-2009, 08:43 AM
I love that color, and I've got an idea already :D . Time to get to work ;) .

michellemarie
09-10-2009, 11:39 AM
The fun never ends here at SAS:) How fun!

JennCkDesigns
09-10-2009, 12:45 PM
Fab color choice, Misty! Can't wait to see the kits!

mizamigo
09-10-2009, 12:57 PM
Jeanette, what a great color and theme for us. I'll have to get started.

Oh yes, do we just put a link to our kit on our blogs instead of in our description of the kit here at the SAS gallery?

Mitsybelle
09-10-2009, 02:43 PM
Jeanette, what a great color and theme for us. I'll have to get started.

Oh yes, do we just put a link to our kit on our blogs instead of in our description of the kit here at the SAS gallery?

Yes you can put the link on your blogs but it wouldn't hurt to put it in the gallery description also, the more the merrier!!!

ksunstar
09-10-2009, 09:29 PM
This will be fun. It will give us that are not moving on a chance to get back on the horse!

Kristina

Mitsybelle
09-11-2009, 04:55 AM
Looking forward to seeing what you ladies come up with here :)

Ambowife Designs
09-13-2009, 05:53 PM
So how are you ladies going with your challenge?? How many of you are in here, maybe you need a roll call :)
Post your name and each person who is participating adds their name so that you form a list, then we know who to watch for fabulous minis :D

kimberkatt
09-13-2009, 06:26 PM
That's a good idea... it's been kind of quiet in here... :)

scrapprincess18
09-14-2009, 04:49 AM
can't wait to see all the kits that come out of this! i'll be playing along when i get elemiated

Mitsybelle
09-14-2009, 05:37 PM
Looks like we have our first mini in the Gallery right now :)

Ambowife Designs
09-14-2009, 05:40 PM
OOOh off to check it out :)

kimberkatt
09-14-2009, 07:06 PM
really?!! {scampers away....... }

Lizard Dau Designs
09-14-2009, 10:23 PM
ooh fabo kit in the gallery....love it...hope to join in myself if time permits..would be a good idea to do one for my blog as a freebie...we will see what happens...cheers liz:D:D:D:D

idennyt
09-15-2009, 01:28 PM
I know that meeting deadlines is crucial for designing for a store, but i cannot finish this today. I was just getting ready to list all the reasons i couldn't get this done (including 16-20 hour work days since 9/6), but really they are not that important to anyone but me and if i every did decide that i would do a store on top of my paying job, i'd have to deal with it.

That being said, i still don't want to get kicked out of the Designer Club Challenge even though i fail this round. I am at work and have to attend to it, but hope I can stay here. I will finish this kit tonight! The preview may suck but i WILL finish--actually, i'll finish it even if i can't stay, lol.

thanks for considering.

Harried, but still
lovinlifegurl denise

kimberkatt
09-15-2009, 02:03 PM
That's okay Denise... I believe the rules are not so strict in this side challenge, so take your time.... You won't get kicked out for not meeting deadline!! :D

idennyt
09-15-2009, 02:37 PM
Phew! thanks!

Raggedy Renee Designs
09-15-2009, 03:43 PM
THat's good to know because mine is going to be late to :( . I spent last night in the ER with what I thought was a broken foot, and it's just a torn ligament, so I get to walk around on crutches for awhile. Then today I was at the hospital with my Mom because she was having outpatient surgery :eek: . What a week it's been ! I'll get it posted as soon as I can though.

kimberkatt
09-15-2009, 04:12 PM
Oh no! I hope you heal quickly, Kim!! :)

This challenge is way more relaxed and fun than the Contest! :p No set deadlines, just challenges posted for the remaining weeks! And, it's totally an option to join in, no requirements! So, relax... have fun... create.... and enjoy! :D

idennyt
09-17-2009, 12:28 PM
(now where did i put that post!) I thought i had posted this, but i guess i didn't!

My submission is in the gallery; it's called On the Farm (http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=42863). You can download the kit from the gallery or here (http://www.4shared.com/file/133351944/e6e10904/LLG_OTF.html) or on my blog (http://lovinlifegurl.blogspot.com).

Thanks for looking and i look forward to the helpful, constructive comments!

LLG Denise

Mitsybelle
09-17-2009, 02:19 PM
You did a great job with your mini, thanks for letting us know it's there :D

katlen124
09-18-2009, 07:48 AM
is round three club going to be posted here?
There are a lot more of us "off the island" this week.

kimberkatt
09-18-2009, 07:58 AM
I believe so, KatLen... Liz & Jeanette seem to be the ones moving this challenge along! :)

I'm so happy you are going to stick around and do the challenge! :D

Ambowife Designs
09-18-2009, 08:48 AM
The round 3 version for Designer Club is posted here

http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=51591#post51591

Raggedy Renee Designs
09-19-2009, 04:07 PM
I finally got my kit posted in the gallery.

http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=43060&limit=recent