PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone having problems with 4shared?

cindyluby
09-13-2009, 04:56 AM
Hi! I was wondering if anyone else is having problems with 4shared this weekend? It seems to be down as I couldn't download any of the kits from the contest and I also tried to just access their general site and it won't come up either. I'm hoping that in lieu of this the designers will be kind enough to extend us some time until 4shared can get their site going again!! There are some pretty entries already!!!

Thanks for any help you can give!!:)

Mitsybelle
09-13-2009, 04:58 AM
All of the kits submitted this month will be available ALL MONTH :) hang in there!!! :)

katlen124
09-13-2009, 07:16 AM
she's baaaack ......
just tried out 4shared this morning
wonder if they will put in extra security again ...

LilleyScrap
09-13-2009, 07:56 AM
Hey, apparently 4shared was hacked yesterday, so it is probably best not to try and download anything from there. I am in the process of moving my download to another site, and will reshare the link when I have it uploaded (as other designers should probably do just to be on the safe side). If anyone needs to get into the 4shared site to delete there downloads or anything there is a mirror site (http://www.4shared-china.com/index.jsp) that you can still log into. Don't you just hate hackers?

Enchanted
09-13-2009, 08:27 AM
I don't use 4-shared because of all the issues. i use mediafire. no issues yet! good luck ladies!!

Ambowife Designs
09-13-2009, 03:39 PM
I am jumping over to mediafire too, seems okay for the file sizes I need it for and reasonable security. we'll see I guess. I am moving some files onto that now from my computer, not from 4shared though just in case they have been corrupted or infected, urgh

This seems to always be happening to 4shared but I guess it's because it is so highly used.

Lizard Dau Designs
09-13-2009, 04:20 PM
4 shared is up and running again..i don't think i will move all my stuff just yet but if people have any problems with downloads i certainly will...some people such as hackers need to get a life i think...grrrrrrrr..they make it a pain for the rest of us!!...cheers liz

pages15
09-13-2009, 09:42 PM
I am new to downloading freebies, etc.
Should I delete all the downloading I have done the last couple of days from 4share? I have it all unzipped, organized into folders on my computer; too late?
What can I expect? What steps should I take? Has McAfee been protecting my computer?

Nanascraps
09-13-2009, 10:30 PM
I am new to downloading freebies, etc.
Should I delete all the downloading I have done the last couple of days from 4share? I have it all unzipped, organized into folders on my computer; too late?
What can I expect? What steps should I take? Has McAfee been protecting my computer?

a good habit to get into is to scan the zip files before you unzip them..
and find that mcafee is pretty good about real time protection..but to be obn the safe side I always scan my files before i unzip

Ambowife Designs
09-13-2009, 10:45 PM
This happened a few months back, same thing with 4shared and I had no problems at all, neither did any of the scrappers who downloaded my freebies. The article doesn't say anything about viruses it just says they were hacked which could mean anything, apparantly hacked with adds for some country, so I think it is more like they've been spammed. I am moving my stuff to mediafire just in case but like leggs says scan everything you download before unzipping it anyway, you can get a virus from anywhere, on any email, on an link you click.
Not trying to freak anyone out but it's just how the net is sadly...

pages15
09-13-2009, 11:31 PM
How do you scan before you unzip? I use Extract program. Does McAfee do it automatically?
Thanks.

Flower Scraps
09-14-2009, 12:12 AM
when I right click on the folder - there is an option (on my comp) to scan with my anti-virus software

Veelana
09-14-2009, 08:33 AM
I like mediafire better anyway, because the upload is soooo much quicker and i can put in more than one file at a time :-)
some freebie finders don't pick it up, though, so my blog freebies stay on 4shared.

crlin
09-15-2009, 09:13 PM
I have such a problem with media fire because they always have popunders that you can't even see until you look at how much is open on your computer and all their ads for smilies, etc are open. not good on a slow computer!!

Enchanted
09-15-2009, 09:45 PM
that's a problem with mediafire..is that it generates pop-ups or pop-unders. i just had an issue today that it was saying my files were missing..i think it was a server error/maintenence issue perhaps? but i just bought hosting for $0.99 a month. totally minimal and can upload as much as a 5gb file. INSANE but hey whatever works right?
I've heard too many issues and stories with 4shared which is why i don't use it.