PDA

View Full Version : Designer Club Challenge for Round 3

Ambowife Designs
09-18-2009, 08:50 AM
Okay Here we go Round 3's parallel Designer Club Challenge is here

This is your palette this week called "Avoidance" from Kuler

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d148/ambowife/designer-club-round3.jpg

The theme is Boys, Name it whatever you like.

Same rules (Loosely) as round 3 of the competition, ie NO CU
Check the FAQ over there for any info on the specifics as questions are brought up
Requirements:

1. Please follow all the quality guidelines from Round 1
2. Use the palette provided. Black & white may be added, if appropriate, as a supporting color.
3. Use the theme "Boys"
4. 3 papers, ALL must be unique, ALL should have a different pattern and texture.
5. 6 elements, ALL must be unique, 1 must be a cluster element (a clustered element using other elements may be considered unique)
6. You must post two previews; one regular, with palette, and one close-up
7. Preview size must be 72 DPI, 600X600
8. CU items are NOT allowed this round
9. Post previews & links to downloads in the designer club gallery
<!-- / message --> <!-- sig --> __________________

kimberkatt
09-18-2009, 10:06 AM
Woot! I was hoping to get some good boy kits!! Yeehaw!! Love the colors!! :D

okekeca
09-18-2009, 10:57 AM
i suppose the theme is BOYS .....:p

Okay Here we go Round 3's parallel

The theme is Boys, Name it whatever you like.

Same rules (Loosely) as round 3 of the competition, ie NO CU
Check the FAQ over there for any info on the specifics as questions are brought up
Requirements:

1. Please follow all the quality guidelines from Round 1
2. Use the palette provided. Black & white may be added, if appropriate, as a supporting color.
3. Use the theme Autumn Fest
4. 3 papers, ALL must be unique, ALL should have a different pattern and texture.
5. 6 elements, ALL must be unique, 1 must be a cluster element (a clustered element using other elements may be considered unique)
6. You must post two previews; one regular, with palette, and one close-up
7. Preview size must be 72 DPI, 600X600
8. CU items are NOT allowed this round
9. Post previews & links to downloads in the designer club gallery

Min
09-18-2009, 11:45 AM
Gorgeous colors!!! But... BOYS???? :eek: I have a girl....

Hm, ok, maybe I should consider our three guinea pig boys.... but then again, carrot orange is not in the palette, neither is cucumber green.. guess I better ask hubby... ROFL

kimberkatt
09-18-2009, 12:07 PM
Just grunge up your elements & papers and call it a boy kit! :p Boys are easy... the dirtier the better, cars, trucks, superheros, dinosaurs, strings, belts, buttons, snaps, clips, cardboard, leather, stripes, bold prints, torn, tattered.... just no frills, lace or PINK!! LOL! :D

Lynn
09-18-2009, 12:50 PM
Interesting colours! I'll be joining you for this too. This should be fun, especially with no CU ;)

kimberkatt
09-18-2009, 12:52 PM

Hahaha.... see what happens with copy/paste! :p I'll edit the first post so no one gets confused! hehehe.... :D

Mitsybelle
09-18-2009, 03:44 PM
Nice choice here Tracy :) Boy kits rock!!!

Lizard Dau Designs
09-18-2009, 06:49 PM
ooh those colours are just sooo cool..they remind me of halloween actually...can't wait to see what you all do...love this...come on guys show us what you are made of...cheers liz:D:D:D:D:D

idennyt
09-18-2009, 08:15 PM
this is why i joined the challenge, and y'all just tell me to find a rock to hide under if needed.

One of the reasons i thought we started this particular challenge was so we could hear why our designs might not be getting to "next rounds"; to hear what we might do to get to next rounds. the "what's not drawing" folk.

As i've said before, i'm not an artist. Some of what i do comes from CU products--i certainly buy enough of them--but mostly i work with what comes from my hands. In the first round of Designer Club challenge, I did get some comments on the previews in the gallery--granted the kit went up 2 days late and most of you were busy in the real contest--but still, the responses that i got were still "cute kit". NOW don't get me WRONG! I love "cute kit"--gives me lovely warm fuzzies. Yet i thought we were here cause we did not move forward and were eager to hear why. I'm certainly NOT going to stop--i got the "mo" left in my "mojo"--but i will set my mind a little differently if the "constructive comments" won't be forthcoming. I was thinking that that would happen in this thread, not in the comments on the images.

And yes, i do realize that there is another place on the forum for those who want to get on the SAS-y Lady crew through another avenue. That is no longer my intent--I know i am not SAS-y Lady material, so i am not looking to find a place--anywhere--to sell. I am content to do freebies. But i'd shore like to know how i could do better.

Am i making sense? Is this just not the time/place to ask this? As i said, i'm cool to move forward anyway--i really like SAS!

Thanks for listening. and responding, lol.

LLG Denise

Ambowife Designs
09-18-2009, 08:43 PM
Okay Denise I am downloading and taking a look now :) I'll pm you with input!!

Ambowife Designs
09-18-2009, 08:46 PM
Woops thanks for picking that up,okekeca and Kimberly for correcting me LOL

Ambowife Designs
09-18-2009, 09:21 PM
Okay I just want to clear up a misunderstanding here, when Liz suggested this challenge it was Liz who suggested the Critique, not SAS and not the Designers. Time is tight for us when we are checking the Competition entries and to be honest if everyone posted a mini in this challenge it would not be realistic or possible for us to be able to critique them all. To give an honest and complete critique it requires downloading the kit and taking a very close look at it, not just looking at the preview. That said, I am sure you will all understand that we too have download limits LOL

A good idea would be if you all checked out eachother's kits, perhaps swap and do a critique and quality check for eachother.

I hope this clears up any misconceptions regarding this challenge.

idennyt
09-18-2009, 09:49 PM
What else is needed in the kit? what could i have left out and what type of item should have replaced it? i put my own me-made textures (from remembrances of tutorials, from my photos) on most of the papers; i enlarged one of the vegetables to overlay on a paper. Should i have done something different with paper (there was a theme--most of the textures came from farm pictures and i didn't even get into the produce displays, LOL!)?

What about the lace--was it in the end believable? too thick (Cu was allowed so i did use Atomic cupcake actions embroidery--oh my g did i forget to list THAT one--going to fix, shoot! ok all done) i think i'd better stop asking questions!

idennyt
09-18-2009, 09:55 PM
And really, if you don't have time, please do not spend the least little bit of time looking at my kit! I understand, and hope i said that in my post, that you all are busy! I just wanted to make sure that i knew the CONception i should be working under. I am fine with however it goes, so just let it go. I am fine. And ignore my last message, lol--i went away to fix my TOU and three posts got in between. Seriously, I understand that you are busy.

Thanks. Oh. I found a giant rock...

LLG Denise

Okay I just want to clear up a misunderstanding here, when Liz suggested this challenge it was Liz who suggested the Critique, not SAS and not the Designers. Time is tight for us when we are checking the Competition entries and to be honest if everyone posted a mini in this challenge it would not be realistic or possible for us to be able to critique them all. To give an honest and complete critique it requires downloading the kit and taking a very close look at it, not just looking at the preview. That said, I am sure you will all understand that we too have download limits LOL

A good idea would be if you all checked out eachother's kits, perhaps swap and do a critique and quality check for eachother.

Ambowife Designs
09-18-2009, 10:23 PM
No Denise you were only thinking the same as many others so don't find any rocks or anything LOL. I am pming your now, hope it helps :)

Oh and also the rules were being a bit looser here too so don't worry about the Atomic cupcake lace thing

Lizard Dau Designs
09-19-2009, 07:00 AM

oh yes i did and i did this based on others suggestions too..but really we are here to help each other out.....i am soo sorry that anything was misunderstood...my intentions were to have a fun challenge and to learn more..that is all...and i would truly love to see what you all do...i love looking at your work and commenting on them...please have fun that is the most important part!! cheers liz oh and thanks soo much tracy!!:D:D:D:D:D

idennyt
09-19-2009, 07:24 AM
Tracy and Jeanette, Thank you SOOOO much! I can't completely express what your comments have meant to me, beyond the helpful information that your messages contained. Again, I have NO expectation that this will be repeated.

I'm going to keep going even without constructive comments. Practice makes better, and this is a good start.

Liz, i'm HAVING fun. YOU concentrate on moving on up, gurl!

Tracy said i didn't have to use my rock, but i think i'll stay there for a while--it's fun under here, too!

blessings all,

LLG Denise

Ambowife Designs
09-19-2009, 07:56 AM
LOL Denise, I might join you there :)

katlen124
09-19-2009, 08:59 AM
ooh those colours are just sooo cool..they remind me of halloween actually...can't wait to see what you all do...love this...come on guys show us what you are made of...cheers liz:D:D:D:D:D

these are cool colors - I can only do generic stuff no cu, but I am going to try.

Joba2
09-19-2009, 11:08 AM
This sounds like a really neat thread to continue commadare(sp? don't have my dictionary here)& friendship among the budding designers -supporting & helping each other. I also have to commend Ambowife.That is what makes SAS such a great place to call home.I have posted things I too think may be misunderstood-but here at SAS it is always taken with respect & turned into a positive! So many post how difficult it was to judge in the challenge because all the entries are so very very wonderful.Sometimes it comes down to who has more of a following.This would be a great thread for some of us SAS members to follow along in your adventure.

Lizard Dau Designs
09-19-2009, 05:48 PM
thanks sweet heart..yes i am busily working on my kit...and i see you guys have been busy too...such fantastic kits i see...i will leave some love soon...just got to get this kit done...lol...lol..lol..i just would like to say a big thank you to mitsy and tracy for all their hard work in setting up our challenges..i for one appreciate it heaps and for toiny in accepting my idea..thanks for everything guys...you rock..cheers liz:D:D:D:D:D:D

Lynn
09-22-2009, 02:47 PM
Just uploaded my kit - this was a real struggle for me as I just couldn't decide what to include and it was all complicated by the fact that my middle son went to University at the weekend so time was at a premium with the 800 mile round trip!

Min
09-22-2009, 03:28 PM
Ok, I'm too late, LOL - decided to do something completely new about 3 hrs ago... the "boy" theme was really hard for me and time was running out. Well, I guess I found out that I can come up with something fast if I have to, even if it's not my favorite theme and color ... and even if I'm stuck to my own stuff..

So, here's the what I came up with: http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt85/deliscraps/deliscraps_antspants_preview_600.jpg (http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=43328&limit=recent)

Hope you'll like it...:)

Mitsybelle
09-22-2009, 03:33 PM
I love your theme 'Ants in my Pants' LOL :D

kimberkatt
09-22-2009, 04:54 PM
OMG, that's soooo cute! LOL! :D

Lizard Dau Designs
09-23-2009, 05:12 AM
ooh your kits are absolutely fantastic........i am soo impressed...wonderful work....love them...cheers liz:D:D:D:D:D

Ambowife Designs
09-23-2009, 05:32 AM
wahhahaha I love it, I can remember my mum saying that when I was a kid/

What's wrong with you, sit still have you got ants in your pants or something LOL
what a hoot!!! :)
Great job Min

Raggedy Renee Designs
09-23-2009, 07:41 AM
Love the kits for this week !! :D

Here's mine,

http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=43388&limit=recent

Flower Scraps
09-23-2009, 09:14 AM
great job you guys!

Ambowife Designs
09-25-2009, 03:14 AM
Fabulous job, bet you all can't wait for the week 4 challenge :)

Raggedy Renee Designs
09-25-2009, 07:09 AM
I can't wait to see what the color palate is. :)

okekeca
09-29-2009, 03:43 AM
Totally late here, but wanted to finish this minikit anyway.....

It's here in the gallery!! (http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=43826&ppuser=1563)

And the preview:
http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.com/gallery/data/979/thumbs/FWTS_OhBoy_600.jpg

kimberkatt
09-29-2009, 07:12 AM
Carola, it's so cute! I love the little note to mom... off to look at it close up!! :D