PDA

View Full Version : Grand re-opening Dress up your avatar Challenge

zzaa_za
01-31-2010, 07:17 AM
I know the Grand re-opening starts tomorrow, but I'm afraid I will busy cause my father is coming to visit me. So I'll have to post this today.

I'm May aka Janice's Scrap and I will be hosting our Grand re-opening 'Dress up your avatart challenge'.

The team for our challenge this time is to dress up like your favorite artist. I guess it's a great time for you to be what you would like to be.

This challenge will start from Mon FEB 1 and end at Sun FEB 7. So if anybody would like to participate just post in this forum with your new avatar uploaded. Oh! please tell me in your post, who are you dressing like incase I couldn't recognise it.

Of cause there's a prize for all participants, QP/BB pages to Hello my Name is... and the Grand prize winners get $5.00 coupons to the store.

I have a few places where you can dress up your avatar listed below. (I've copied from Toiny's post :DD)

Meez (http://www.meez.com/unsupported.dm?os=windows&b=safari&v=2.0) - I love this one because you can upload your avatar to Photobucket when you're done! You do have to register with them before being able to save.

Caricature Maker (http://digibody.com/avatar-maker/index.php) - This one is cute, you can save as .PNG and then color and add to it in PS or PSP, just a head shot

Dollz Mania (http://www.dollzmania.com/Dressup_Games_Dollmakers.htm) - tons of dollmakers to choose from, drag & drop style

Elouai (http://elouai.com/) - the best dollmaker, the one we all use!

And the last from me,
Bless This Chick (http://www.blessthischick.com/) - this is my favorite site for avatar.

SpitfireCK
01-31-2010, 11:14 AM
Count me in! I haven't picked an artist yet.

Ambowife Designs
01-31-2010, 03:54 PM
rofl, Cindy I think you are quite artistic hun :) OH and I'm not dressed up yet either May :) LOL Gotta go think of something

Alright My favourite Artist, (image wise) is Beatrix Potter. I just adore those little animals she does in clothes :)

I got this image from the web then colored the dot matrix image.

Mitsybelle
01-31-2010, 04:54 PM
What a great theme for the Grand Opening May, now to think think think ???

Renee
01-31-2010, 05:28 PM
Wow, you look great Tracy. I remember the books, read them with the kids a lot. They are truly great!!
So now I'll spent a sleepless night trying to figure out wich artist I want to be LOL

Toiny
01-31-2010, 05:39 PM
It was a no brainer for me... I have a definite favorite artist!

littlespooky
01-31-2010, 06:33 PM
lol! toiny you are so van gough!! did i spell it right!!!

Mitsybelle
01-31-2010, 07:04 PM
LOL Toiny, mine isn't quite as 'creative' as your's .... I just love flower gardens :)

CatSlater
01-31-2010, 09:38 PM
Toiny you are a clever girl! I join you and Jeanette as a fan of the impressionists. Except that my favorite is Mary Cassatt. The background of my avitar is Claude Monet's house in Giverny. Quite a circle of friends back then in gay Paree!!! ;)

Mitsybelle
01-31-2010, 09:48 PM
Oh very well done Cat :)

zzaa_za
01-31-2010, 10:30 PM
Wow! You guys rock!!!
I'll have to think, think, think too. Hopefully I can get dress before going out to see my dad this afternoon.

BTW, I'm a fan of those Impressionist artist too!!!
Ummm...shall I be that ballet girl of Degas?
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edgar_Degas)

Joanne K
01-31-2010, 11:18 PM
I guess this was a call to actually make an avatar. LOL

My favourite artist is Redoute, painter of flowers. I especially love his roses.

I decided to dress myself as a flower. This is as close as I could get.

lulutoo
02-01-2010, 12:21 AM
I haven't done one of these before, so I'm probably doing it wrong, but I followed one of the links in the first post and came up with this. I'll call myself Avril Lavigne's twin (we're going for musical artist here). We're both punk princesses (see my crown and L?) with some pink in our hair. ;)

http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=127&pictureid=491

judy in SD
02-01-2010, 01:21 AM
My first ever avatar here and it is a tribute to Georgia O'Keeffe. Love the colors and flowers.

Toiny
02-01-2010, 02:53 AM
Ooo Judy, I like Georgia too. And, Lulu, I like your punk princess better than the original LOL.

As me, I'm so not van Gogh... I'm van Hog

*snort*

T

Ambowife Designs
02-01-2010, 04:44 AM
ROFL Toiny I knew who you were before I even got into the thread, that missing ear is a dead give away rofl!! You are all doing a fabulous job, I took it as being Artist as in paint etc but I guess it's whichever way you take it there are so many different ways to interpret Artist aren't there.

Mitsybelle
02-01-2010, 05:10 AM
Oh I love how everyone is being inspired differently here, wonderful, just wonderful :)

SpitfireCK
02-01-2010, 08:23 AM
Your one eared piggy made my giggle! Very creative, Toiny,
And no, I still haven't picked one.

PamR
02-01-2010, 08:46 AM
Hehe, I didn't have an avatar, so that was first, then I had to mix it up a bit. Here I am as Piccasso, lol.
Hope it shows up

SpitfireCK
02-01-2010, 10:10 AM
My Warhol is complete!

Toiny
02-01-2010, 10:19 AM
This is a very cool Avatar contest. I'm really liking the creativity!!!!

kimberkatt
02-01-2010, 11:06 AM
Oh wow! You ladies are rocking this contest!

Seeing as Van Gogh is taken and I couldn't possibly come up with anything better than the ear-less piggy ( :l ) I need to get my creativity hat on again! I'll be back! :DD

kimberkatt
02-01-2010, 12:40 PM
Well, that was FUN!!! I thought the Katt-in-the-hat was quite fitting! :DD

I've been a HUGE fan of Dr. Seuss since I was a little girl, I love his books & his artwork! It's a little like me...quirky, whimsical, a little weird, but full of fun!! :((

allergy_mom
02-01-2010, 02:15 PM
Okay, I followed a link, made an avatar, downloaded it, now I'm off to figure out how to put it next to me...!

judy in SD
02-01-2010, 02:27 PM
These are all so cool, and big lols for one earred pig and Katt in Hat. You all seem to know how to make ANYTHING fun.

allergy_mom
02-01-2010, 02:27 PM
Umm... so now I've got it on my profile, but How do I get it to show up next to my posts?:confused:

judy in SD
02-01-2010, 02:29 PM
Go to your personal space and in the options there is a place to edit your avatar.

kimberkatt
02-01-2010, 02:31 PM
go to UserCP, look in the list on the left-hand side and find "Settings & Options" under that section should be "Edit Avatar" click that and upload away! :DD

Images should be no bigger than 150X150 pixels or you may have problems uploading... :)

Mitsybelle
02-01-2010, 02:34 PM
Picasso, Warhol and now Dr Seuss!!!! Great stuff ladies :DD

allergy_mom
02-01-2010, 02:39 PM
Awesome! Thanks for the help; I am so excited!!
She's supposed to look like a (semi)traditional Japanese lady, because I was brought up appreciating Japanese art, and still do. I actually have an apple seedling that my mind's eye sees as a future bonsai, miniature fruit, and all! LOL!!

kimberkatt
02-01-2010, 02:43 PM
Whoohoo! You look positively Geisha-like!!! Great job!!! :DD

oooo, let us know how you make out with the bonsai, that sounds so very cool!!

SpitfireCK
02-01-2010, 08:44 PM
LOVE your Dr. Seuss, Katt!

kimberkatt
02-01-2010, 08:58 PM
Why thank you Ms. Warhol! :DD

littlespooky
02-01-2010, 09:33 PM
okay i did my avatar...which is blurry! argh! with my all time favorite Charles Wyzocki painting...butternut farms which i cropped...

larkd
02-02-2010, 12:43 AM
Here's my dressed up avatar. Not sure what artist it is...maybe Pink. I just liked it.

Lizard Dau Designs
02-02-2010, 02:00 AM
i thought i might get involved here...now my favourite artist is????...can anyone guess??..i have dressed up my avartart like a tart cause the person who is my favourite artist at the moment is a bit of a tart..shhhhhhhh please don't tell her is said that...oh sheesh it is carmen and that is one of her lovely bows and that heart on my chest is hers too...and of course she made me that beautiful siggie too..thought the lizard tart would suit here as valentines is creeping up too...so thus the changes!!...hope you guys like it...this lizzie is a bit of a coy one check out the strategically placed bow!!...oh tracey hun i have got a little animal dressed up too!!...lol...lol..lol..cheers liz

Jean Ann
02-02-2010, 10:44 AM
Love your siggy Liz and your dressed up avatar

littlespooky
02-02-2010, 01:45 PM
so I am a tart! lol! I always say I am as sweet as a pink geapefruit..heehee! you are too funny Liz. did you all see the pinked out lizards on her siggy.

Lizard Dau Designs
02-02-2010, 06:18 PM
oh gosh now do i need to dress the lizard up as a pink grapefruit???????...sheesh carmen...lol..lol..lol...golleeeee i wonder where i got that siggie from????...hmmmmmm?????...lol..lol..lol..oh and i mean the tart in the nicest possible way..lol..lol..lol..oh and toiny your pigggy needs a red goatee too hun or is did he have a full beard..nah i think it was a goatee..now that would be hilarious!!!!!...lol..lol..lol..cheers liz

Mitsybelle
02-02-2010, 06:47 PM
LOL you guys are too funny, Liz your Avie looks great hun, even if it is of Carmen, rofl :DD

Nani
02-02-2010, 07:11 PM
LOL Toiny! My Mom was a Van Gogh fan (I am a renaissance or modern art fan) and I used to draw her one-eared Teddy Bears! :) Thanks for that happy Mom-memory.

littlespooky
02-02-2010, 07:17 PM
so now i look like a lizard with piggy tails..lol

digides
02-02-2010, 07:34 PM
I'm a big time Gumby Fan. Art Clokey, the creator of Gumby, passed away last month.....so this is my tribute!

Thanks for the links. Had a little too much fun playing LOL!

littlespooky
02-02-2010, 07:43 PM
I loved Gumby when i was little

angmag55
02-02-2010, 08:18 PM
Ok I redid mine because I wanted to do it on my Favorite kind of Art that I go out of my way to find!! Statues of Children weather it be in Bronze, Marble,wood or made from Cement even!! I love to look at the fine artistic details that these awesome artists capture in their work. You can find them in many Community Parks and when you see one look at them and see the detail.

mrscarol_1
02-02-2010, 09:21 PM
here is my new Artisit Avatar with the painting by Pierre Renior

kimberkatt
02-02-2010, 09:24 PM
Oh wow, I am soo loving the avatars! They are just too cool! :DD

TrishF
02-02-2010, 10:20 PM
Well, the best I could come up with was to insert myself into a photo that I found of my favorite artist along with one of his painitings. This is Thomas Kinkade, Painter of Light and I absolutely love his work.

camperchow
02-02-2010, 10:51 PM
I have always liked Norman Rockwell. He did some really everyday kind of paintings. Most of his models were neighbors in the Stockbridge, MA area. There are a few of us at the Studio from this area. If you look close at his painting 'Gossip" you will see my doll on the 3rd row down, 2nd in from the left.

kimberkatt
02-03-2010, 08:23 AM
Trish & Diane, love them!! Trish, my mom LOVES Thomas Kinkade and Diane, my Aunt is a collector of Norman Rockwell paintings! Great job ladies! :DD

mrscarol_1
02-03-2010, 10:27 AM
I too love Norman Rockwell's work. He lived in Bennington, Vermont and one of his subjects has the same name as my father who was from Bennington, VT no relation but I also pretend it was my father as the subject looked like him and my girlfriends mother was a model for him and also was their nanny at a young age. She is the School teacher and the same one on the carriage and several more. I remember seeing a black and white of her in her home. She could have had a painting done but did not want one which she regreted later. They were in Pasadena, Calif. for a summer or two where she ended up living.

Min
02-03-2010, 11:03 AM
Here's my new avatar :)

I love the watercolor seashore landscapes done by a local artist called Rainer Helbig, they're all over my house, LOL.

violethare
02-03-2010, 11:13 AM
you all are doing such a great job,still thinking and tinkering with mine

Toiny
02-03-2010, 11:40 AM
You are more than welcome Nani! LOL on the one-eared Teddies...

T

LOL Toiny! My Mom was a Van Gogh fan (I am a renaissance or modern art fan) and I used to draw her one-eared Teddy Bears! :) Thanks for that happy Mom-memory.

lightmistress
02-03-2010, 11:58 AM
I tried using Elouai but can't understand how to save my avatar :confused:

I also wonder why there are no curly dolls anywhere... I love my curls, I want them in my avatar!!

SkrapperDigitals
02-03-2010, 03:20 PM
hey all! i wondered what all the artsy avatars were about! love em! I love Scott Gustafson's stuff i wish you could see this avi up close, TrishF was rolling with laughter over it for a while! ha ha ha

kimberkatt
02-03-2010, 04:13 PM
ROFL! Little Bo Peep never looked better!!! :DD

msghd
02-03-2010, 05:33 PM
LOL I love everyones avatars! I'm a big fan of pop art so Andy Warhol is one of my favorites ... so here is mine.

littlespooky
02-03-2010, 05:48 PM
rofl! rofl Rofl!!!! too funny Sherah!!!hey all! i wondered what all the artsy avatars were about! love em! I love Scott Gustafson's stuff i wish you could see this avi up close, TrishF was rolling with laughter over it for a while! ha ha ha

kimberkatt
02-03-2010, 06:17 PM
Looks fabulous Tammy!! :DD

TrishF
02-03-2010, 06:48 PM
I'm still rolling 3 and a half hours later!

lightmistress
02-04-2010, 03:47 AM
Ok I should now have an avatar. Since I am not a fan of the painting art I decided not to use famous backgrounds. I love architecture but I won't use the Coliseum I swear! Nature can give us the best masterpieces, with that in mind, I used the picture of the beach where I live covered of snow (which happened twice this year, and it's very unusual for us) and in front of it my doll avatar (thank you Carmen for the help!). And I always must have a cat around, even there!

SkrapperDigitals
02-04-2010, 08:29 AM
Awesome Avatars everyone!! Kim, the Dr. Suess one is great! I was totally thinking that was some sortof standard Elaoui background! ha ha ha! great job!

littlespooky
02-04-2010, 05:46 PM
Simona, i would love to see more photos of whereyou live.Ok I should now have an avatar. Since I am not a fan of the painting art I decided not to use famous backgrounds. I love architecture but I won't use the Coliseum I swear! Nature can give us the best masterpieces, with that in mind, I used the picture of the beach where I live covered of snow (which happened twice this year, and it's very unusual for us) and in front of it my doll avatar (thank you Carmen for the help!). And I always must have a cat around, even there!

Char-D
02-04-2010, 10:17 PM
My favorite artist is Antoni Gaudi.
My background is my favorite building of his, and I am dressed up with matching green paint and a very gaudi outfit.

SophieF
02-05-2010, 04:51 AM
Hi,

Okay after a fight with computer, and a bit of blue air I have managed to create an avatar and get it up here. She is supposed to look like Kelly Clarkson. ROFL!

Not sure how I was supposed to do this but ended up emailing to myself, copying down to Pc and then loading from there. Surely there is an easier way?

Cheers

lightmistress
02-05-2010, 11:13 AM
Simona, i would love to see more photos of whereyou live.

Will try to get you some pics Carmen :D I live in the city so nothing to really take pics of, but my own house is only 100 metres (328 feet) from the beach and that is great. The centre of the city is also a very ancient Roman city and there are buildings that are already 2000 years old. It was actually an even older town before Roman came because whenever someone tries to dig for works something new and older pops out :DD
To me is quite "normal" to have ancient stuff around but I've heard that for non-European people this is something very special as they don't have such an old (known) history.
Sorry for the digression :DD

kimberkatt
02-05-2010, 12:23 PM
Oh, Simona - you are right! To us American's, the old architecture is beautiful & rare!! We don't have a very long history, so as some of our buildings are "old" they are not quite that old! LOL! I am totally fascinated with Greek & Roman architecture! :DD

MaryBeav
02-05-2010, 05:37 PM
I love Oriental Art so I picked artist Bernadette Triki! Here is my avatar.

angmag55
02-05-2010, 10:56 PM
I redid mine and this is where my thoughts go when I think of art!

Ok I redid mine because I wanted to do it on my Favorite kind of Art that I go out of my way to find!! Statues of Children weather it be in Bronze, Marble,wood or made from Cement even!! I love to look at the fine artistic details that these awesome artists capture in their work. You can find them in many Community Parks and when you see them, look at one and see the detail.

PamR
02-06-2010, 02:02 PM
I added a picasso to my avatar, I'm kinda nervous about doing so, not sure about the copywright laws on these. But this is from his 'Blue Period'

mrscarol_1
02-07-2010, 02:05 PM
Here is my newer avatar did not like the other one. Same Renoir painting.

Hudson
02-07-2010, 02:56 PM
I went to bless this chick --- don't know who it may look like, but this was how I was feeling when I made it....

(maybe a possible Madonna style even though that was back in 80's...????)

kimberkatt
02-08-2010, 07:31 AM
Wow! Super avatars everyone!! :DD

Carol, I thought Madonna when I first looked at yours! lol :)

And, to the other Carol (hehehe) - I love your little doll in there, she's so cute!

zzaa_za
02-11-2010, 06:50 AM
OMG!
I'm so sorry!!!

I am at my dad's house up in the North of Thailand, and I almost forgot that I'm hosting this. Actually I forgot the date and today is the 11th.

My dad just separated with his wife (no, not my mom). I'm here to be with him so he won't be lonely.

I'll make a poll so we can vote soon.