PDA

View Full Version : Olympic games

Renee
02-13-2010, 06:37 PM
So are you all watching the olympic games?
I'm curious to what is your favorite sport.
I don't watch all the sports, but I do follow the speed skating.
We have some great dutch skaters and tonight I saw our own
Sven Kramer win the 5 kilometers.:((
Yeah!!!!! So proud to be dutch, LOL

Mitsybelle
02-13-2010, 09:29 PM
I just love the figure skating but also really enjoy the luge, very sad about the accident too :(

johnsonrj@q.com
02-13-2010, 09:40 PM
I'm a figure skater fanatic also - however, with all the press of Lindsey Vonn I will be watching the ski ~ She started her career her in MN on a ski hill 5 miles from where I live!

Monika
02-13-2010, 10:54 PM
I'm also a figure skater fan, maybe because I did it myself when I was a kid.
I just can't sit still in front of the TV anymore, so won't be watching too much of it.

TrishF
02-14-2010, 09:52 PM
I love the figure skating too. Unlike you Monika, it's the one thing I always wished I could do, lol The opening ceremonies were really neat too. I was in awe at how they made the floor look like there were whales swimming in the water!

Ambowife Designs
02-15-2010, 04:53 AM
Not sure when they showed the opening ceremony here, needless to say I missed it, must have been in the middle of the night or something. Anyway, I love the figure skating, have since Torvell and Dean really. And love the Dancing version but not sure if that is an official event or just an exhibition sport. Love the luge and the arial skiing. No doubt Toiny will be watching the snowboarding and her wrist itching to be out there doing it too. LOL

SkrapperDigitals
02-15-2010, 07:45 PM
Oh yes, i LOVE the figure skating too! Torvell and Dean were fantastic, weren't they!? sigh.. i wish i could do that, they have got to be soo strong! :-)

littlespooky
02-15-2010, 09:35 PM
when i was little we used to skate on my grandparents pond, my dad was really good but we were all clutzez and were better at speed skating...i actually like to watch the curling...lol

Mitsybelle
02-16-2010, 05:36 AM
Oh yeah, I remember Torvill and Dean, wow they really set the bar high!!!! Loved seeing them :)

michellemarie
02-16-2010, 03:38 PM
I do like the ice skating, too. I don't think I'd go out of my way to see most of the sports, but my husband loves them all!! So he watches every bit of it, which means I see quite a lot, too, if I want to spend time with him. haha

CatSlater
02-16-2010, 05:15 PM
I love the winter Olympics, but, the snowboarding events are my favorite!!

Nani
02-16-2010, 06:46 PM
I enjoy the figure skating, but I really dislike the grabbing the skates to get more height and more points. Dick Button pointed out that he didn't like it either and while I felt deeply vindicated for my dislike of it, I notice it even more now. Yuck - it makes beautiful, gracef8ul performers look clumsy and inexperienced. I've always thought it ought to be an exhibition sport because the judging messes w8th the art that is what makes it!

I do love women's ice hockey (I played that as a kid) and curling too. I don't have a problem with keeping score on those! ;)