PDA

View Full Version : PSP XI: Black background when saving in PNG; HELP!!!

lia holland
07-23-2007, 08:18 AM
Hi, I have a problem wich I can't solve.
My computer crashed and I had to install PSP XI allover again.
I thought I had everything set straight, but ......... no way!

I made an element with a transparant background and I wanted to keep it that way!
In the preview of the saving menu of PNG the background is still transparant.
But once saved, the background suddenly turns black.
I tried everything I know, but I guess I forgot to change a setting by the start of PSP.
Can somebody please tell me step by step (from the very beginning) how my settings must be.
I'm looking for an answer for days now and I'm getting desperate.

PLEASE HELP!!!!:confused:

JulieO
07-24-2007, 04:37 PM
I wish I could help but I don't know anything about PSP. I do know that I have seen tthe black backgrounds in lots of previews but when you open them they are transparent. Hopefully someone will see your thread, Have you checked out any of the links in the tutorials area Doxie has posted LOT of them. Good luck

Scrapdragon
07-24-2007, 04:50 PM
I use PSPX,, but not sure I can help with your problem,, If you pop over to NDISB though,, they have a CT member there who actually works for Corel and she is very helpful,, I know it would mean registering but if you posted your problem I'm sure she would be happy to help you. There is also a good PSP forum,, http://www.talkgraphics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29 (I hope it's OK to post this link here) and I have posted the odd question there and got help.
HTH

patk
07-25-2007, 08:34 AM
Lia
are you using the export as png?
if so, on the transparency tab, make sure you have Alpha channel transparency and existing image or layer transparency checked - that should help?
if not - give another shout
~pat

DigitalScrapDesigns
07-25-2007, 01:30 PM
in xi you can also just go to file/save as/png and not export as png and there will be no black background. :)