PDA

View Full Version : Sign Up for theStudio Clue!!

kimberkatt
03-20-2010, 01:30 PM
Whoohoo! I am so excited to be hosting theStudio Clue again!! I hope you all will join in, it was so much fun the last time we played! Sign up here if you want to play!!

Here are the rules again:
DESIGNER CLUE is based on the Clue board game. I remember my cousins & I used to play this game all day long on those rainy afternoons. So, when Toiny asked me for some original ideas as to games, this was the first one I thought of!!! Of course, I had to play with the rules a bit to make it work for online play, but I think I did a pretty good job keeping as close to the rules as possible! :D

RULES:
Try to determine who committed the Scrap-tastrophe!! There are 12 Designers, 9 Challenge Rooms & 9 Elements that could have been
used to commit the crime!

One designer, one challenge room & one element will be chosen at random at the start of the game to determine the Scrap-tastrophe! These "cards" are what you are all trying to figure out by process of elimination. The first person to make a correct accusation, wins the game!

1. Each player will be able to download the Scrapper's Notebook to keep track of guesses/accusations.

2. The rest of the cards will be shuffled & players will be given a minimum of 2 cards each to start the game. Cards will be distributed through Private Messages (PM).

3. Players will be given 1 day to submit their guesses and post them in the forum. If you do NOT get your guesses in before the deadline, you forfeit your turn that round, but may continue on in the game.

4. Once all of the guesses are in, I will send a PM to each player, revealing only ONE incorrect guess. You may have incorrectly guessed more than one card, however, only ONE reveal is permitted per turn.

5. If, in the event that you correctly guess the designer, challenge room & element, I will PM you and let you know that you have correctly guessed the Scrap-tastrophe! During the next round, instead of posting a guess, you will post an "ACCUSATION" with your previous guess.

6. You can, at any time, make an "accusation" instead of a guess... but you MUST post in the forum that it is an ACCUSATION! Otherwise, it will be treated like a guess.

7. If your accusation is correct... YOU WIN THE GAME!!!

8. If your accusation is incorrect...YOUR GAME IS OVER & YOU CANNOT WIN!!! So, be careful with your accusations! ;)

For example:
I received 2 cards through PM. They were the RIBBONS & DARLENE H. I would go to my Scrapper's Notebook and check off Ribbons & Darlene, because I know that these two cards could not be part of the Scrap-tastrophe! Next, I make my GUESS and post in the forum thread:

SKRAPPER DIGITALS in the CLUTTER IT CHALLENGE with the FRAMES

I receive a PM telling me that I had an incorrect guess and it was SKRAPPER DIGITALS. So, I mark Skrapper Digitals off on my notebook, so I don't guess her again. Play continues on until I only have one Designer, one Challenge Room and one Element left unchecked in my notebook. I can now make my ACCUSATION. I post in the forum thread that I want to make an ACCUSATION as follows:

PIGGYSCRAPS in the ATC CHALLENGE with the PAPER CURLS

If my accusation is correct, I win the game! If I happened to make a mistake and my accusation is incorrect, I lose the game! Shucks!

PRIZES:
The first person to make a correct ACCUSATION is the winner of the game! The winner will receive a $5 gift certificate good on anything in theStudio Store!

I forgot to tell you all - the sign ups will close Monday Morning, March 22 and the game will be posted shortly after that! :DD

ADBDesign {anita_d}
03-20-2010, 01:34 PM
Oh this sounds so fun! COunt me in

allergy_mom
03-20-2010, 02:50 PM
I'll play!

lulutoo
03-20-2010, 03:32 PM
I'll give it a try. I loved that game as a kid, too. I still have it, except for the missing pieces that my baby brother lost. LOL

kimberkatt
03-20-2010, 04:07 PM
I forgot to tell you all - the sign ups will close Monday Morning and the game will be posted shortly after that! :DD

pbhill
03-20-2010, 06:41 PM
I would like to play. I always liked Clue as a child.

MoonDesigns
03-21-2010, 04:18 AM
Can I join in??? :)

mandak
03-21-2010, 08:03 AM
I'm in. I can't wait to see how this works :D

judy in SD
03-21-2010, 08:59 AM
Clueless?? Not this time, I am in.

kimberkatt
03-21-2010, 09:05 AM
Can I join in??? :)

of course! anyone is welcome to play!! :DD

Maurine Stettler
03-21-2010, 11:18 AM
I'm going to try! Sounds like a fun challenge!

PamR
03-21-2010, 01:37 PM
I'll try it, I haven't played Clue in years.

Renee
03-21-2010, 02:20 PM
Okay, first of all I don't know the game. Probably not a dutch game. Second I don't realy understand how this wil work.
But
I'll join in, just for the fun of it!!

MoonDesigns
03-21-2010, 02:25 PM
Okay, first of all I don't know the game. Probably not a dutch game. Second I don't realy understand how this wil work.
But
I'll join in, just for the fun of it!!

From what I understand, it is what us Dutch would call "Cluedo". :)

hareraisers2
03-22-2010, 08:10 AM
If they are still open, I'd like to give it a try.

Renee
03-22-2010, 09:04 AM
Yep, heared of that game, never played it though!!

kimberkatt
03-22-2010, 09:06 AM
yes, sign-ups are still open! I'm going to wait until later this afternoon to close them up and start the game... I want to give people a chance to see this... :)

Mitsybelle
03-22-2010, 10:41 AM
I was sooooo bad at this last time, lol ... now I'll have to remember how to do it again, sign me up Kim :DD

mrscarol_1
03-22-2010, 06:01 PM
I want to play is it to late .

kimberkatt
03-23-2010, 08:04 AM
Okay, sign ups are officially closed! PM's will be sent shortly!! :(( :DD

judy in SD
03-23-2010, 10:15 AM
I am slow so can you please tell me how I am to download the Notebook you spoke of. Thanks.

kimberkatt
03-23-2010, 10:23 AM
Hi Judy - I just posted the link in the game thread (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/forum/showthread.php?p=65513#post65513)! :DD