PDA

View Full Version : 6-7 'Scrap 'n Chat' with mITSYBELLE

Mitsybelle
04-30-2010, 05:52 AM
Stay tuned for more information ladies :((:DD:((:DD:(( Think 'Maximum impact' for 'minimal work', choose your favorite photo (one only) and your favorite kit and be prepared to try somthing a little different :DD

I'll be giving away a little page kit during the Scrap too :DD

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm56/Mitsybelle/mitsybelle_purrrrrfectprev.jpg

The aim of this scrap is to try a minimal layout (use of whitespace) so we are going to keep all our work to the top 1/3 of the layout (apart from the scatters).

Step 1: Pick a background paper, nothing too fussy but it may have a slight pattern.
Step 2: Grab your favorite photo and duplicate it and make one image half the size of the original. Convert them to black and white if you can.
Step 3: Set your photos within the top 1/3 of your page, space them at least 1-1.5 inches apart (guess) and have the smaller one on an angle.
Step4: Gather five different elements (small) ie: tiny flowers, stars, beads, glitter and buttons, gently scatter randomly around the edge of the photos, you may have them spreading out in places like dripping down one side of your page or a couple in a random corner etc (you choose how much you do).
Step 5: Add a couple of ribbons and/or strings to the space between your photos and on the right side of the arrangement (making it all look nice and full).
Step 6: Place some flowers and/or foliage (hee hee) or similar element with your ribbons/strings to fill the space up and perhaps on the left corner too.
Step 7: Find a couple of unique elements to compliment your layout and tuck in at various places with the clusters you’ve made.
Step 8: Add your Title directly under your cluster of elements and photos on your background paper (it may be slightly obscured with a flower etc), make it interesting and to the point perhaps using two different fonts slightly overlapping! Add your drop shadowing in various levels and any touches you think your layout may need but still keeping it ‘minimal’.

allergy_mom
04-30-2010, 06:14 AM
I really want to do this! Will have to figure out the times here in Ireland...

Toiny
04-30-2010, 06:32 AM
Should be 5 hours later for you.

So Jeanette's 6:00 - 7:00 pm EST will be from 11:00 pm to midnight in Ireland.

NO idea what time it is, pretty sure it won't even be May 1st anymore LOL, in Oz for Jeanette herself.

Smooches,

T

I really want to do this! Will have to figure out the times here in Ireland...

Mitsybelle
04-30-2010, 06:39 AM
Thanks Toiny, you know me with my conversions, urgh!!!

allergy_mom
04-30-2010, 09:02 AM
Thank you Toiny! Kinda late for me, but I'll try to be there!

Ambowife Designs
04-30-2010, 04:44 PM
My chat is from 5 - 6 est, it will be 7am here in Sydney the day after nsd :)
I am giving away this fresh beach mini
Hope you can all make it :)

http://www.ambowife.com/images/Ambowife_JustBeachy_NSD_Preview.jpg

Mitsybelle
04-30-2010, 04:53 PM
Oh Tracy, you know I used to have a shell necklace like that one many many years ago! :DD

Renee
04-30-2010, 05:17 PM
Aaah, don't know if I'll be able to make any of it. Saturday is a busy day here, with all the kids at home. Love your minikit though Tracy!!
Maybe I'll pop in!

littlespooky
04-30-2010, 05:31 PM
Jeannette and Tracy love your minis, I will Jakey tommorrow i will try and catch you guys...

kimberkatt
04-30-2010, 07:44 PM
Oh Tracy, you know I used to have a shell necklace like that one many many years ago! :DD

OMG, I had an anklet just like that! Was it back in the '80's?!! LOL! I love it Tracy.... I NEED A VACATION!!! Whaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

Jeanette, I need your cats... they'll be perfect next to my daughter's Halloween costume last year!! :DD

Amberpony
05-01-2010, 03:03 AM

he he he The Boyfriend gave me one of those in 1979 :XX
Looks like I may get to come to both,
all I have to do is stop and jump on the compupter :DD
Those Great Mini's otta help me remember to come!
Love those Kitties and that Mouse

Ambowife Designs
05-01-2010, 04:51 AM
LOL I have a few of them, I bought them at Seaworld when I was a teen LOL :) Though I must admit I did buy this one at spotlight LOL

2girlsandadog
05-01-2010, 12:47 PM
I wish I could make it, I love those mini's, but we'll be out to dinner. Argh!!

Mitsybelle
05-01-2010, 04:58 PM
Instructions will be posted in the first thread :)

allergy_mom
05-01-2010, 05:50 PM
going to bed now, I will be back to do this later, prob after bank holiday... sorry I'm too tuckered out after all this partying and a pretty strange day in real life, too.

g'night!

Ambowife Designs
05-01-2010, 05:58 PM
Here's mine
http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=56673&title=mitsybelle-6pm-chat&cat=1110

citygurl08
05-01-2010, 09:41 PM
here is mine

http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=56701&title=nsd-sat4&cat=1110

Mitsybelle
05-01-2010, 10:20 PM
What a great day this was ladies, thanks for joining in :DD

digides
05-02-2010, 02:41 AM
Here is mine

NSD (http://www.digitalscrapbookingstudio.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=56715&title=nsd-23-5-jeanette&cat=1110)#5

Thanks! This was fun!!