PDA

View Full Version : Photo effect Plugin - virtualPhotographer

Sansai
10-01-2007, 11:20 AM
virtualPhotographer by optikVerve Labs
This is an awesome plugin for Paintshop or Photoshop. I think for a few other programs too. I use it a lot, hope someone else finds it useful. Easy set up and don't forget the extras.

http://www.optikvervelabs.com/

Kyda
10-01-2007, 01:34 PM
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this plug in!!! I use it all the time!! :) It's definitly a must have and works just fine with Elements too. :)

Great post Sansai! and welcome!! :)

Randje
10-02-2007, 12:14 AM
Thanks so much, this is a time saver...

kimberkatt
10-02-2007, 08:05 AM
I have this too, and use it all the time! It's great!!

Katjie
10-05-2007, 06:48 AM
Thank you so much for the link - I just downloaded it and cannot wait to use it!

Magnolia57
10-05-2007, 09:41 PM
Thank you so much for the link. This plug-in is amazing!

kimberkatt
10-06-2007, 01:10 PM
Don't forget to get all the extras that go along with it!! When I first downloaded, I didn't see the extras, so I went without for quite some time... poor me! :p LOL!! The extras are even more fabulous!!

Lisa
10-09-2007, 03:13 AM
I have this plug-in, but was unaware of the additional free downloads. THANKS so much for letting us know about that!! :)

boo.6204
10-10-2007, 01:09 PM
How do you use a plug-in? I have CS3 so where would I put this and how would I use it??? Your help would be very much appreciated.
Thanks and hugs
Boo x :confused:

kimberkatt
10-10-2007, 03:43 PM
How do you use a plug-in? I have CS3 so where would I put this and how would I use it??? Your help would be very much appreciated.
Thanks and hugs
Boo x :confused:

I use PSE5, but I'm sure it's almost the same location....

After you download, go to the self-extracting file, double-click, and extract to this file path:

C:>ProgramFiles>Adobe>Elements5.0>Plug-Ins>Filters

Your's will say "CS3" instead of "Elements5.0" I think... or something to that affect...

This will put a folder named "optikVerveLabs" inside your Filters folder... follow the same steps with each of the bonus downloads, except you want to put them in the "optikVerveLabs" folder.

When you want to use it, it should be listed under your Filters menu in Photoshop... if you want to use the bonus dowloads, you need to open up Virtual Photographer, and then click the load button located at the bottom-middle, then choose which bonus you want to load...

If you have any questions, or need help, just let me know!! Hope this makes sense! :)

Sansai
10-10-2007, 11:10 PM
Here is a link to their help page :)
http://www.optikvervelabs.com/vph/help.html
Hopefully in the next week or so life will slow down here to share some LO's I did with the plugin. Glad I could share!

boo.6204
10-11-2007, 10:01 AM
Wow thanks for this KimberKat,
Yep, I think I've got it, I'll have a go at doing this tomorrw once I've sorted out my pc. Had to buy a new external hard drive as mine is pretty full (woops, darn it, a girl just can't say no to delicious scrap goodies..... lol)

Hugs and thanks again
Boo x :D

I use PSE5, but I'm sure it's almost the same location....

After you download, go to the self-extracting file, double-click, and extract to this file path:

C:>ProgramFiles>Adobe>Elements5.0>Plug-Ins>Filters

Your's will say "CS3" instead of "Elements5.0" I think... or something to that affect...

This will put a folder named "optikVerveLabs" inside your Filters folder... follow the same steps with each of the bonus downloads, except you want to put them in the "optikVerveLabs" folder.

When you want to use it, it should be listed under your Filters menu in Photoshop... if you want to use the bonus dowloads, you need to open up Virtual Photographer, and then click the load button located at the bottom-middle, then choose which bonus you want to load...

If you have any questions, or need help, just let me know!! Hope this makes sense! :)

boo.6204
10-11-2007, 10:02 AM
And big thanks to you to hun. I' shall check it out.
hugs
Boo x :D

Here is a link to their help page :)
http://www.optikvervelabs.com/vph/help.html
Hopefully in the next week or so life will slow down here to share some LO's I did with the plugin. Glad I could share!

nachtstern
04-28-2008, 03:27 AM
this is great!
just wish I wouldn't have to load all the extras all the time..
maybe I can copy them in the Extra Setting folder and they will show up automatically...

landorasue
04-28-2008, 10:58 AM
this is great!
just wish I wouldn't have to load all the extras all the time..
maybe I can copy them in the Extra Setting folder and they will show up automatically...

If you figure out a way to load ALL the extras so they show up automatically, let us know. Right now, it seems to me, you have to go back to the extras each time you want to use one.

trickletime
02-09-2010, 09:54 PM
this is definitely a must-have plug-in. if you can't use photoshop plug-ins, they have a stand-alone editor version with all the effect.