PDA

View Full Version : Yep, I'm a Klutz.

JW-DigiScraps
05-21-2010, 08:22 AM
How's this for a personal revelation from your guest designer - I'm a klutz. Allow me to prove it.

Last night I was at home doing my thing when I stubbed my toe on a FULL hamper I had out to go do some laundry. Painful, but certainly something we've all done.

Well, when I looked down at my baby toe, it was bent AWAY from my body at about a 40 degree angle. So, not good. Normally, you just tape a toe and deal with the pain, but I figured that might need more attention. LOL!

So, hubby was off with my oldest at guitar lessons so I had to call him (5 times before he returned my call-GRRRR:( ) to hurry home since I couldn't drive. Went to urgent care and after a 2 hour wait found out its broke in 1, maybe 2 places. I have a podiatry consultation that is supposed to call this morning and a pretty shoe thing to protect my foot, crutches and good pain meds.

Apparently when I stub my toe, I require an entire team of medical professionals to address the situation, controlled substances (narcotics) and special medical equipment (crutches and shoe thing).

Special stuff. TGIF. :l

Mitsybelle
05-21-2010, 02:14 PM
Ooopsies for the toe :( .... lol on the entire medical team helping out, hope you get better soon hun :)

trickletime
05-21-2010, 09:21 PM
sorry about your toe. hope it heals soon.

JW-DigiScraps
05-22-2010, 10:34 AM
Saw the podiatrist yesterday and they had to "set" my toe. OUCH! Now I'm on crutches for 1-2wks and in a special shoe for 4-6 wks. Apparently I broke it at an oblique angle instead of straight across to make it a little extra special. Fun stuff.

Renee
05-22-2010, 03:29 PM
Ooooh, sounds kind of painfull. Hope you get better soon!!

Ambowife Designs
05-22-2010, 09:44 PM
Oh Janice, when you do something you do it well, not just with the designing it appears. I hope you heal quickly hun and I bet you cringe whenever you see that laundry hamper. I hate it when I stub my toe, it's like one of the most painful things we do regularly.
Huge Hugs hun
Tracy

littlespooky
05-23-2010, 04:38 PM
ouch! love the sexy shoe! I had heal surgery and i had to wear a sexy black boot that went up to my knee...lol! i broke my toe the one time when i walked into a corner in the dark..lol....

JW-DigiScraps
05-23-2010, 05:14 PM
Thanks everyone. I'm doing fine, although I learned a lesson today. Apparently the doctor meant 1-2 weeks on crutches. I started cheating a bit too much yesterday and today, and now my whole foot is sore and swollen. :( Guess I will have to actually use the stupid crutches.

Mitsybelle
05-23-2010, 06:02 PM
Urgh, crutches are soooo uncomfortable too! :)

blueruby
05-24-2010, 03:46 PM
OooooUCH!! that sounds sooo painful, i can't even imagine!Hope it heals quick..